1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Gap between p2w and f2p

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by SunlightDuck, 10 Jul 2017.

1. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

Kinda makes it easier to read

2. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Yes

True sometimes

But you dont have to do it for every sentence

Or do you?

3. CheekyDevilGod

Tier 3 epic is better than level 1 legendary. But it's possible to evolve an item to higher rarity after you reach level 50.

And I'm not sure if this is true but I heard that if you evolve a level 50 item, it goes straight to tier 3 level 21 of the next rarity (Cause you know, if after evolving from level 5p to level 1 of the next rarity, you'll lose dmg and stuff)

If it's true, This is probably how a lot of players were able to reach tier 3 legendary at all

4. CheekyDevilGod

Sorry, force of habit

5. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Doesn't bother me, haha. Just messing with ya :p

6. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

Actually its not.
    They are similar power around level 35 which requires teir 4 unlocked.

7. Ar I Am

Ar I Am New Member

Battle Bay Battler
    P2P is fine as the developers need to make income and this is a great game.

There isn't a huge gap between F2P and P2P. I'm P2P because I subscribe and buy the 100 daily pearl pack sometimes. But in this game my level of P2P should be considered F2P.

The huge gap is between me and the people that have thousands to put into the game. If I had that type of disposable income I'd probably do the same thing so I'm not against people having that option. I honestly can't afford it.

I'm level 36 and have almost 9000 battles but barely have any epic items. My top items are all rare. I play regularly because I like the game and because I need the wins to get sugar and cash. I have been able to hold my own through experience and skill. My weapons are mediocre but I know how to use them. If I had legendary I'd be a beast.

The rewards for someone like me who pays what he can and commits to the game by logging in daily and grinding it out suck. After all of my matches I have 3 legendary pieces, mostly 1 of each epic item that I try and hold on to in the hopes I get a second one day. I'm constantly scrapping common and uncommon items. Even getting a rare piece is so hard, and it's never what I need. And I won't even talk about the parts and power cells.

When I see someone that has only played a few thousand matches, is at a higher level than me and has t2 and t3 legendary weapons it's a bit discouraging because while we will probably get to the same point eventually, based on my experience thus far I will never be able to compete weapon wise unless I spend thousands and buy them.

The P2Px players won't quit. They'll compete with themselves and continue to have fun. It's the F2P people that will keep dropping out because the F2P road is long and hard and they'll get to the point where I am. When you realize that you can't afford the game.

Totoro, BITTERSTEEL and D3X like this.
  8. Capt'n-Blake

Capt'n-Blake New Member

Captain
    Well I am a free to play player although I must admit I will definitely spend a few bucks on the game. I mean a little cash outta the pocket for something I enjoy can't hurt. Although if you're free to play think out side the box. Be unique, think of different strategies to out smart the legendary users!

9. BITTERSTEEL

BITTERSTEEL Well-Known Member

MK4 at 1700 infamy sounds about right; that's around where I was at that ship level. I still use mostly rares and I am usually in the global top 100, sometimes even top 50. Remember that a level 50 rare is just as good as a level 35 epic. In absence of the resources or items to level up epics, stick to leveling up and evolving lower rarity items and using those, while thinking long term and building epics on the side.

You can't evolve the rarity of maxed out items anymore.

P0rthos likes this.
  10. CheekyDevilGod

I heard, it was a depressing blow

I was building items based on a plan that revolved around rarity evolution

11. BITTERSTEEL

BITTERSTEEL Well-Known Member

The old system wasn't worth it, trust me. You needed 6 items to take it to the old maximum of Tier 3 (two Tier 1's to take to Tier 2, and three Tier 2's to take it to Tier 3). To evolve in rarity, you needed 24 items in total: four Tier 3's. Plus, epics only got a third perk slot at Tier 3, so maxed out rares were much, much better than Tier 2 epics. It was virtually impossible to evolve rarity, with minimal benefit.

12. CheekyDevilGod

Oh wow

That sounds oh so suckier than our current system. No thanks, I'm happy with being able to only reach tier 5 rare for now.

Hopefully they'll come up with something that'll atleast make it possible for us to reach legendary practically speaking

13. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

The old method of upgrading items wasn't great. However it still requires 6 items, so the only difference is that they moved the items around to allow for an easier upgrade path to T4.

The old shop system was better though.
    [​IMG]
    Best Image I could find, but they were FULL Items and not in pieces. And the other thing was Rares and Epics would pop up once in awhile, you also didn't have to purchase these items if you didn't want to. So you actually don't waste on resources like you do today where you're buying all these parts of weapons that turn our to items you don't need.

Last edited: 13 Jul 2017
  14. CheekyDevilGod

The old system might be worth it if we could buy the same items despite owning the same already.

I too hate the shop, and the market, I never see any rare or epic perks I can use

15. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Well the only thing the same is that the shop is random and refreshed every 6 hours. So sometimes you won't get what you wanted, but at least you didn't have to buy them and save the resources for a better day. And yes, that's basically the only way to get a duplicate.

16. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    I'm an f2p who has missed only 4 or so days since I started in May. (Spent 0.00 USD)

Attached Files:

17. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    But I love the game and don't mind the grind. I usually only play around 1 and a half hours a day, but I will keep going for as long as possible.