1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Game decides what to play

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Candido, 13 Dec 2017.

1. Candido

Candido Member

Croupier
    Please i don't want to be a fixer..
    Majority of epics and rares was for fixers..
    I am a speeder and shooter . Please

2. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Its RNG, game doesnt know what you want to play.
    Scrapping is also a great source for parts :)

The Otherguy likes this.
  3. LimeOnMars

LimeOnMars Well-Known Member

There is a praying circle thread for that

Joey who and The Otherguy like this.
  4. Candido

Candido Member

Croupier
    Who is RNG??developer?

5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Random Number Generation. The One Above All we all pray to. RNGesus.

6. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    It's how coding programs create random numbers which correspond to items.

7. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Yes. Yes. And yes.

Disguised likes this.
  8. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

That was hillarious :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Candido and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  9. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I also get more green items and perks. I’m not sure why, but I don’t think it’s random. I think they might actually be slightly more common to compensate for them being fewer in number.

Rinse & Repeat and Candido like this.
  10. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I just posted this same thought in another thread. The past 4 guild raffles, at least, have been heavily loaded with fixer items, and on top of that the RNG tends to land on them more often than others. Being anything but a Fixer nullifies most of the value of the raffle when you have to scrap everything to dip back into the RNG pool a second time and hope it turns out better.

If you are a Fixer, awesome, except that it is a useless boat in the end game, so you want to get into the top 50 you have to scrap the boat you spent all that time learning and leveling up? It's misguided at best. If the devs better balance the boats at each level and add more R to the RNG it would go a long way to improving the experience. The first is hard, the second is easy.. so let's start with the second.

Candido and What's Up Player like this.
  11. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t like to say if RNG favours landing on them. It certainly lands on them a lot when I don’t want it to, but that might just be Sod’s law.

However, I don’t think I’ve had a single raffle that hasn’t featured ‘at least’ one (but often multiple) healing perks on the first page. Either that’s a huge coincidence, they are more likely, or it has something to do with all the bandages in my inventory.

It might also be worth noting that they don’t sell for as much as certain other perks, which might be related to scarcity.

Candido likes this.
  12. envylife

Then I'll say it.

1. In my last raffle draw, I used 90 spins on a board with 3 piece slots (2 green, 1 red)... I got 21 green and 3 red. Yes, statistics say it's perfectly acceptable, but it's a significant skew.
    2. In the prior raffle draw, I wound up with so many Fixer perks that the handful of Fixer items I have are all full of epic perks.
    3. The guaranteed item from my last epic container? Epic Repair Box. And to be certain, that was the only epic item in the crate... I also got two rare bandages... tossed because I've had at least 20 others while I only received 3 turbos to date.

I mean, if BB really wants me to be a healer, all the items are certainly in place... but I'm a shooter, and there a far higher proportion of red items than green that I'm not getting. I did get lucky with an Epic BC last raffle, and guess what replaced that slot? Epic Repair Box. I can't make this stuff up!!

Candido likes this.
  13. Rinse & Repeat

Rinse & Repeat Well-Known Member

Well lets think logically here, there are a lot more red, blue and yellow items then green items in battle bay which means if every item had the same chance of being pulled then you would get a lot more red, blue, and yellow items then green... for players who want to play fixer this can be challenging when you need a repair pulse or bandage so IF green items are more likely than red and blue I wouldn't be surprised since they are the minority in item types.... I don't think "Battle Bay WANTS you to play fixer" but in order to maintain balance green items are more likely than red or blue... imagine you are a fixer and you keep getting red, blue or yellow items you don't need... you'd probably be a little annoyed, the same way you are now since you got green items you probably won't use... my best advise is to scrap and move on

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  14. envylife

I understand the spirit of what you are saying. But even If that is actually the case, don't you think this is a little overboard when Fixer is only 1 of 5 ships, and green items are 1 of 4 types of items that can be equipped on a Fixer? Yes the are the most important item for a fixer, but, it smells more of compensating for an imbalance somewhere else in the RNG algorithms.

15. Rinse & Repeat

tbh envy I don't really see a problem with the items, pieces, or parts that I get... so I'm not a good person to ask, but for someone who might want to play fixer... I'd rather an epic repair pulse than a gear lube... I feel like items are pretty balanced while I do feel like I get a lot more green pieces but its fine because I just buy red, blue and yellow pieces from the shop since there is usually one... I don't normally do the raffle but as long as it isn't a single legendary power cell I'm happy

Last edited: 17 Dec 2017
  16. TheAntiSnipe

Lol i would looove an epic rudder or four. On a mk6 speeder, I won't use bandage, I like the handling given by rudder.

17. Rinse & Repeat

Every player is different... honestly I don't think rudder is for me

18. TheAntiSnipe

Lol thats true as well. The only reason I tried rudder in the first place was because RNGesus wouldn't give me bandages. Now that it's raining bandages, it's good, so I don't use it. For duellists, rudder is superb. Any other class of player, it's meh.