1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Game data usage. Rovio pre downloads ads whether you watch it or not #2

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Stalie, 26 Dec 2017.

1. GoreSnorkle

GoreSnorkle Active Member

Thanks for the replies... I do appreciate them. Personally I dont mind the bw consumption and I can understand that tracking nine other people (times ten) can be a lot. This is why I thought things were bogging down, but if you say it’s not so I believe you.

And anti snipe, I see you working your butt off on the forums... which is why (believe it or not) I did try to keep it civilized... sorry if I frustrated you there. BUT I’m glad that we were eventually able to resolve my questions because now i can go back to hassling my guild instead of you guys.

TheAntiSnipe and The Otherguy like this.
  2. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Its all good, no harm done or offense taken. :);)

Have a great day on the bay,
    -The Otherguy

3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Sames, mate! Here to help!;) anything you need, man.

-TheAntiSnipe

The Otherguy likes this.
  4. Stalie

Stalie Member

Miika,
    Can you please explain why this game has ads??? And when do you plan tu get rid of them?
    Having ads makes this game look unprofessional, and we as players don't like the fact that ads are downloading to our devices regardless of we want it or not.
    We also see a significant difference in game play and game speed between VIP and non VIP players.
    Why do you want to make this game so complicated?
    Wouldn't it be easier with everyone on the same level?
    Personally I would invest in a game where I can play against others where we are all on even grounds,
    Please remove the ads from this game and allow us to experience a good ad free game.

5. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Developing, maintaining and advertising games is really expensive. Majority of players in any mobile free-to-play game do not spend money. This way they can still contribute towards keeping their favorite games alive.

There are no plans to remove ads at the moment.

Could you please point to any study or piece of evidence indicating this? We are not aware of any such issue.

All ads in Battle Bay are 100% optional and user initiated for the best user experience. You can choose to not watch a single ad in the game currently. It's totally up to you.

Ian, The Otherguy and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  6. Stalie

Stalie Member

Thanks four the reply,
    The issue is still that ads are downloaded to our devices even if we don't watch them or intend to watch them!
    I don't watch the ads and my data is still lots for the usage of this game! I do experience lag and slow speeds even on wifi!
    My phone is a S7 so it can cope when it comes to processor speed!
    Please explain that!

7. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

1. Do you have a good ping?
    2. It was mentioned somewhere(I'll find it for ya) in the old thread that if you don't watch ads, it doesn't download them. This is true, since BB comsumed 900ish MB of data only this month for me. I don't watch ads at all.

The Otherguy likes this.
  8. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

Yay! Everyone has stopped arguing!
    - totaly NOT @Epekka

Stalie likes this.
  9. GoreSnorkle

GoreSnorkle Active Member

We/ve already established that it was not an argument, but rather a spirited debate. And a good time was had by all.

The Otherguy, Stalie and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  10. Stalie

Stalie Member

Hi,
    I only attack when my ping is below 150
    I know the higher the ping the more lag you get. Thx