1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Flare Gun too OP against heals

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Fixer sa Recto, 15 Feb 2018.

1. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

OK, since this just happened a few seconds ago I had to post. A fully intact team all working as a group just let me go in among them and destroy their full health fixer. I didn't use hit & run tactics. I just stayed in among their group slaughtering their fixer. Then I took out the speeder who was trying to stop me. Then I took out one of their shooters before having to go chase down the stragglers. On the way out I saw that I was down about 300hp... two hits at most during the whole thing. It might just have been a single flare.

THAT is complacency LOL. If I had been on that team I'd be reviewing my life choices. Somewhere something went deeply wrong :)

*edited to add*
    Or... perhaps it is just flare is OP?

kusura bakmayin and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  2. kusura bakmayin

kusura bakmayin Member

Exactly! I'm sure if you watch the replay, you'll see that nobody sounded any alarms or called an Attack! macro on you, either. You'll probably see a bunch of Shooters who never turned around to look at the risk in their midst. I bet at least one of those people is posting on the forums about how overpowered speeders are after that battle, too. If everybody on a team communicates, stays relatively close to teammates, pays attention to their surroundings, and doesn't take senseless risks, then most matches are winnable. Getting to these reasonable standards, however, is a Hurculean effort :)

_devill likes this.
  3. Snapshot

I did go and look and yes, you're right. There was absolutely no cooperation or teamwork at all among the enemies and the only boat that even responded was their speeder. He hit me once with a flare and that was it.

Of course, in the very next match the opposing team was much less complacent and while I took out one enemy boat I died before I could make my escape with 3 unfriends on me. This was in wayward pains rather than open water so they had to maneuver to get their sights on me. Even the enemy I killed would've survived if he hadn't already been wounded. I got greedy because I wanted to finish him before their fixer could just undo it all. Bad choice resulting in untimely demise. Such is the life of a speeder... or at least this speeder.

4. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

As the Fixer that likes to undo all of your hard work, I'll say it - you did the right thing finishing the job.
    There's nothing I love more than sweeping in at the last second to save a teammate, knowing that I just made your entire contribution this match worthless.
    I can't un-sink someone; even if I blow a hole in your hull myself as you try to skate off, you still accomplished what you set out to do.

5. Snapshot

So is this when I start a fixers are OP thread? LOL

I suppose it's fair enough that sometimes you get to "undo all my hard work". After all, all I need is for a few of my team mates to get lucky hits on you and then you become my much sought after prey. There's some sort of karmic balance in that I'm sure.

kusura bakmayin likes this.
  6. Fixer sa Recto

Fixer sa Recto Well-Known Member

Half of these replies were not even about flare gun lmao

kusura bakmayin likes this.
  7. Snapshot

LOL, since I was the tangent I'll drag it back on track. Here's where I'm at with it.

Overall I'd urge Rovio to watch player behavior. If, in fact, people are madly leveling up flare guns and/or adding them to their ships then yes, there is obviously something wrong. Beyond that my general sense is that the heal debuff probably shouldn't stack but is otherwise fine.

8. Fixer sa Recto

Fixer sa Recto Well-Known Member

As per discussed in other threads the stacking power of flare guns' healing debuff is freakingly insane. I have my 1400 repair bolt doing 800 for 80% of the game :eek: