1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Flare Gun too OP against heals

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Fixer sa Recto, 15 Feb 2018.

1. kusura bakmayin

kusura bakmayin Member

That's why I'm not in the "nerf speeder! nerf speeder!" camp.

It's called inattentional blindness! It's why drivers kill motorcyclists and bicyclists all the time. Have you ever seen this video before? It's a famous test of awareness by Daniel Simons and Christopher Chabris highlighting the topic. If people are looking for shooters, they're not paying attention for Speeders.

Also, I always shoot a speeder on sight, but that's just because they're the biggest threat to me, after/with Torpedoes.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  2. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    Lol at higher infamies, everyone tries shooting u lol, hopefully, that is the point. As a speeder u are the distraction. Also if a 2000hp speeder goes close to the other team full og 5k hp shooters, guess who would be shot.

3. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

Yea, but sometimes we don't have any fixers but they have one, even two. Most of times we can't handle that. Same for them...

4. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

Aw man... you're harshing my vibe here. I was all set to ask, "So how high do I need to get in infamy before people just let me park next to their team and flare all their team mates?"

LOL yeah. I think people remember when they were brutalized by a speeder and they don't track the zillion times the speeder died in a smoking hulk because they made one bad decision or one wrong turn. Of all the boats I've tried, speeders are the most responsive to skill... good and bad. That's why I say, "When I'm in the zone I'm like the freakin' angel of death and when I'm not I die messily."

Based upon the prevalence of speeders in the higher ranks I think some tuning probably needs to happen. I think that's what the tesla bolt nerf was all about. But I don't, in general, think speeders are in and of themselves super powerful. I think they let a really good player be really good... or not.

5. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    Face it, at every infamy u are going to be shot unless the enemy cant read a map and cant see that u are right next to u hitting them. Theit hp going down and all the fire should be a good indicator of someone shooting u

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  6. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Dude, I think you're now one step closer to being the best of the best in terms of speeder skills. I call it killing intent tho ;-) too much anime. When you charge in, nothing seems to matter, does it? Do you enjoy the rush?

TTrain likes this.
  7. Zachiderp

Zachiderp Well-Known Member

I'm still stuck at 2000 infamy being pelted by mortars regardless of whether I'm using fixer or enforcer. I don't really get any debuffs now on healing but I can't wait for it to happen later

8. Fixer sa Recto

Fixer sa Recto Well-Known Member

Oh boy there goes the thread :(

kusura bakmayin likes this.
  9. Fixer sa Recto

If ever you happen use a fixer on nigthmare and you're up against fg user with -30% heal reduction that has 11secs cd and 20 duration it feels like you as a fixer has been nerfed 30% of your whole healing and can debuff 2 of your teammate with just 1 gun for the whole damn game then you'll get the point. It sucks.

Here's for you guys to see the big picture flare gun reduces healing by 30% (all to whoever is flared) and increases damage of cannon-type weapons by mere 50%. You do the math from a fixer's perspective.

@The Grim Repair

Last edited: 16 Feb 2018
    Thinn Bihh likes this.
  10. Thinn Bihh

Thinn Bihh Member

Fellow nightmare fixer who hates flare here,
    There's no problem if I get flared and shot down or whatever, I earned it. But in nightmare there's at least 17 weapons on each team and at least one flare, though there's multiple most of the time. So when someone's flared for TWENTY seconds I can't heal them at all when there's stacking, Plus flare gives extra dmg :mad:

11. Earel

Earel Active Member

It’s hard time for fixers... mb selffish fixer can heal themselves... my setup with bolt+ box+ pulse not working on nightmare... every type of the boat run flare...
    Speeder flare+ex
    Enfo flare+ blast+ blast
    Def flare+ ex+ex
    Shooter flare+ex+some another stuff
    So if 2 boat find u = gg.

12. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Sorry but I actually like the flare effects, and it is what makes it viable.
    Burst damage is much more effective than DOT but because of the cannon buff and heal debuff it is actually worth using.
    Also some games you do not get a fixer and the other team do have 1 or 2, their ships line up and open fire with the fixers behind, and its difficult to take one out when there are 2 layers of healing going on.
    The flare actually gives you a chance of breaking down the defence.
    As a speeder that has used the flare gun, ex cannon and a tesla bolt, my cannon was nerfed, so was my bolt, please dont kill the flare gun too :D

_devill, Rainbow Warrior and Hokuse like this.
  13. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

I don't think they will take much action to this. Maybe a slight base dmg nerf for flare at most. Stacking is probs not going anywhere

14. Snapshot

In every game I've ever played I played this way. All the way back to Diablo 2 I built a hardcore character (die and you lose everything... start from scratch). The entire build was based around leeching enough life back to overcome all the damage coming in. There was little damage mitigation. Just a ton of damage output and life leech back. The only way to play the character was to dive into a mob and start fighting. If I did it right, my health bar bounced like a yo-yo between 40% and 100%. If I did it wrong I lost all my gear and the entire character was wiped.

So yeah, I like the rush. I truly resent having to go back to my shooter for quests and whatnot.

Insofar as "the best of speeder skills", let's talk about that once I actually learn any of those skills :) The more I play speeder though the more confident I am I'll learn them. This boat fits my natural inclinations like they designed it just for me.

15. Snapshot

OK that literally made me laugh out loud.

But honestly almost every team falls for the initial strike. Almost every team lets me loiter for 12 seconds for the next salvo. If I'm any good I picked the moment and angle to ensure that happens. If I get more than 2 rounds, however, my opinion of the enemy team plummets and I begin to think "penta-kill". But you're right in the end, the only assassinations I've made that nobody could've stopped were deliberate kamikaze runs.

TheAntiSnipe and kusura bakmayin like this.
  16. Fixer sa Recto

i have no issue on the base damage of fg. it’s the unfair insane duration of heal debuff added to the huge increase for cannon type damage for the same duration.

fixer less heal + enemy cannon-type more damage, you’ll get the idea

17. Fixer sa Recto

once your in higher league you’ll wish the fixer could fix you more but they can’t.

just a sample illustration -30% healing debuff + 50% damage boost will feel like your fixer will become -80% effective. how big is that? it’s like your fixer doesn’t exist.

Thinn Bihh likes this.
  18. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

its only -30 heal and +50 cannon damage to the one target though, not a blanket affect to all ships.

19. Thinn Bihh

Thinn Bihh Member

PERCENTAGE! Especially if the other team doesn't have fixers, two flare stacks will leave a ship completely open. Two fixers can't even heal as much as one and the ship that's flared has a big target on them. I'm just saying could rovio put this skill against something big on the Burnice skill tree or make a skill to combat flare duration. Don't even get me started on three flares, I'd rather not even try and let the duration end :mad:

20. Fixer sa Recto

Bro -30% healing +50% cannon type damage. Mind you 20secs duration and 11secs cooldown can hit 2 unfriends flared non-stop for the whole game. And that's only for 1 fg. Imagine how many fg in 1 battle?