1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Fixing the worst map on the bay.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Cpt.urdad, 28 Sep 2018.

1. Cpt.urdad

Cpt.urdad Member

Hello people.

Nobody can deny that midfight movies is a disaster and the worst map ever. this map supports anti-tactical play style on a whole new level. This map suffers from a lot of problems,from no cover to no high waves.
    I suggest that it get fixed by adding terrains across the map for cover to increase tactical play style and slightly change the Torrent ones.and maybe increase the waves intensity.
    Or just remove the map entirely.
    Thanks.

Kurd1stan. likes this.
  2. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

As a “nobody”, I will be the one to deny that it is the worst map. It’s definitely different than the other maps - but not necessarily the worst for everyone. I think it just depends on your style of play and the way you have your boat loaded. I like the openness and low waves. It makes for a faster, more intense battle that you rarely get on the other maps (except the mini maps in events). Pretty much every weapon can be used well on this map.

3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I deny it. MFM has a strategy to it, like every other map.

In fact, I'm one of the people who literally read everything that goes on here, and you're the FIRST person I've heard talking about this map as a bad map.

I mean, sure, it can be played out in the open, but at its heart, it's a speeder map. Looks wide open, thus people are not on guard. But actually, those pillars, and walls that look transparent, can hide up to TWO ambush parties per path. Make vision work for you, mate. MFM may look open, but it is also a deception.

4. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

MFM is my favourite map, nowhere to hide and spam mortars (maybe at the start across the central wall) but its always cat and mouse as to which way you will go round the wall, who you will run into etc.
    My least favourite map is the fight house.

5. TheAntiSnipe

Fighthouse is a beauty tho. Multiple points of attack, multiple points of defense. The map really caters to everyone.

Reich187, JoshW, Cavy and 1 other person like this.
  6. Cpt Obvious

Cpt Obvious Well-Known Member

I like it, it's a quite alright map. And MFM definitely have tactics, they're just not the same as other maps.

I think it's very good that we have both open and covered maps, waves and non-waves.
    It makes a wider range of builds viable. And makes it so that you can't optimise for a single type of gameplay.
    ZETTON gets punished on covered wavy maps, bdziryan gets punished on open non-wavy maps. It's all good :)

7. TheAntiSnipe

... And the enemy gets punished for Bittersteel and his a purpose build lol:D:D

8. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

I hate MFM but there’s definitely strategy lol tho especially at my infamy range it can seem like there’s none lol most boats seem to get caught out in the open and torn up in no time buy guys using strategy lol
    I’m 50/50 there lol I get torn up with no where to hide buy bigger guns from boats with twice my hp but only after I lose my patience cos my team mates are content to fight like armies did back in the days before USA became independent lol

Still better then chill zone!
    And ash are you crazy? Fight house is second only to wayward

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  9. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Maybe I am crazy :)
    Wayward, Chill Zone and Mid Fight Movies are my favourite 3 maps.

Tmfh67401 and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  10. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

A
    t least your tastes not all bad lol

Ash KOT likes this.
  11. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Wayward used to be my least favorite but it has grown on me with use of closer range weapons. My least favorite is a tie between foundry and subzero. I always get rocked my mortars before I can even get in range of the enemy. I more so see this in my shooter because it is a turtle and low on hp. Those two maps aren't so bad in my enforcer with OB to cross that open water more quickly but still my least favorite lol.

12. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    It's like a bigger chill zone but the capture is right next to you and the spawn area is the whole map. Pretty neat.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  13. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

I thought this post would be bout wayward pains lol

14. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    That would've been my second guess even though I love that map :rolleyes:

Reorge likes this.
  15. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

My favorite maps are wayward, fighthouse, and dropdead gorge while my least favorite are subzero, chillzone, and destruct 9.

Winter Chicken likes this.
  16. TheAntiSnipe

I love all maps, but lose the hardest on subzero lol

17. NathanaelK

NathanaelK Well-Known Member

Anyone out there…? :(
    There is a BB Subreddit. My in-game tag: #GDHYNGJQ
    I would mind seeing the addition of a few new columns in places, but I'm a Speeder, so I'm extremely biased.

18. Winter Chicken

Winter Chicken Active Member

Good taste

19. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

MFM is the counter to Wayward Pains, so I like it. I used to really like WP, but I cringe every time it comes up as my success rate isn't as good as I like. It involves more strategy than most maps, and circumstance seems to dictate win/loss more than me (how your team and your opponents react).

My favorites are Damage Depot, Dropdead Gorge, and Fighthouse, with notable mention to Crash n Burn. They are all well balanced maps requiring thought and strategy.

Winter Chicken likes this.
  20. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

I hate that map because it is mine spam at corners and mortar spam in the middle and sniper spam at other spots,
    but I am not complaining about anything ,I don't wanna get into drama with anyone.

regards
    bots-killer