1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Fixers

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Shadow Moon!, 12 Sep 2017.

Tags:
?

Has the fun worn off playing a fixer?

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    59.1%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    40.9%
  1. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Has the fun worn off playing a fixer?

2. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

Sorta. It's quite horrible fixing stupid teammates that don't know what they're doing.
    They're making me heal a maniac.

3. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Mostly playing speeder now, so I voted yes.
    I primarily play speeder for two reasons; 1. Farming speed (its not even fun how much slower acquiring ressources was as a fixer). 2. Nightmare potential (Fixers are the worst, albeit not by much, class in the nightmare league).

Bolt was great -- Repair Pulse nerf was absolutely crazy (at least for mk6+).

4. Zangetsu

Zangetsu Well-Known Member

Largely yeah, healing others lost its novelty when most of them are idiots. Gathering materials for other classes is a huge chore to get stuff to competitive level, main reason I'm still a fixer.

behumble and Shadow Moon! like this.
  5. Shadow Moon!

I started as a shooter but after watching one of the Hodges gameplay video I was so in love with fixer I started using it and enjoying it. But the pulse nerf and mortar spam just killed my fixer mk6 dream. And their isn't really choice for fixer to do something new. Again pulse nerf was horrible.

behumble likes this.
  6. Shadow Moon!

Pulse nerf took more of hit to mk3s and 4s as this class don't have double pulse option. Bolt doesn't self heal and tape doesn't heals team mates.

7. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

I understand very well on the fixer task.
    I been playing that type of fixer up to early MK5.

Now after expirementing with duct tapes, the fixer can be a multiple role ship.

Probably you can try 1 Tape for a start.

All duct tapes is fun for the player but others will rage.

This is my opinion, watch some of my youtube video for references :)

Maybe I should post also defeated battle or battle running from 4 enemies ;)

8. Shadow Moon!

I know your take on fixer the infamous 'Selfish fixer'. But I want fixer to have more option. Now fixers are forced to play defensively only. Sometimes game situation demands you to be aggressive but current fixer is unable to do that.

9. Riddlerpaji

Riddlerpaji Active Member

I wish dev nerf mortar spam. Can dodge 1 or 2 MORTAR but cant dodge 5 MORTARs at a time. Completely unplayable.

10. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

I can play defensive and agresive with duct tape.

It can be done.

Have a go :)

Last edited: 13 Sep 2017
  11. Craigjnoble

Craigjnoble Well-Known Member

I too am looking at possibly changing ship.
    The amount of idiots I am now seeing is ever increasing with everyone picking their own targets and scattering across the map.
    However my biggest issue was I am now at the point I have to use a shield.
    Until then I was using a rudder, it was fun you could manoeuvre from torps easily, slamlom the motar spam and quickly spin round to help a team mate. Now with huge sniper crits and other damaging effects you have to use a shield. The ship is now takes 2 weeks to turn round and now even more easy pickings for speeders. and the fact everyone runs a turbo these days means you hit a level where you have to use a shield and turbo to stay alive and keep up.
    Why can't you get +speed, rudder and gear lube perks that can go on any item like you can with the health, damage and range ones.

12. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

This is one of the best suggestions I've seen yet. Devs should take note.

13. Fixer Wiseman

Fixer Wiseman Member

I realised it was fun playing fixer at low infamy where healing could have a big impact on the outcome of a match as your nobody was dealing huge damage, but with legendary weapons, Epic T3-5 torps, mortars blast cannons, it's very hard to out-heal the damage coming in from 3 or 4 unfriendlies.

So just find myself at Mk5 and 3k infamy, not having much impact with all T4 healing items.

Invested way too much into to fixer entertain thoughts of switching class right now. I'm guessing there's a reason the top 50 only has like 2 fixers (I haven't actually checked)

Best bet in my opinion is to be patient to Mk 6 so the extra weapon slot allows you to fight back a bit better. Stick with the pulse/pulse/tape combo (bolt - you cant heal yourself and if you cant survive you cant help, box - can heal yourself but way too weak at top level). Right or wrong?

14. Shadow Moon!

Top 50 previously had 5-6 sometimes 7-8 best fixers but there are only couple of players and none in top 10. Sad fixer ship class is dieing out too fast..
    #BuffFixers make it invincible :p