1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

(*FIXER'S UNION*)

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Gamesmith420, 8 May 2017.

?

Will fixers ever receive compensation for a job well done? And do you think they should?

Poll closed 18 May 2017.
  1. Yes

68.7%
  2. Maybe? Should definitely be considered!

28.9%
  3. No

2.4%
  1. rlxgenerate

rlxgenerate Active Member

yeah, I mean, LRM...blast cannon...napalm...there's lots of options (except carronade, just no)...torpedoes...meh, not for me but you may like them! try them all...:D

Lestiveryn likes this.
  2. rlxgenerate

Napalm, like I mention, is fantastic for breaking a team apart because that allows for your teammates to pick the enemy off 1 by 1...

Lestiveryn likes this.
  3. HeroicBubbles

HeroicBubbles Active Member

Hah, I tried an level 11 epic carronade on my fixer with 3 green +3 perks. I was ready to own the next speeder that came at me and..............it sucked.

Damage wasn't good and range of course is abysmal. I think carronade really needs to be high lvl with very high tier talents before it becomes worth it. I've seen high level enforcers and speeders wreck entire teams with it though. Maybe I'll try it again at mk6 when I have 2 slots and better talents.

4. rlxgenerate

I see the point of a carronade...don't get me wrong...but when you're playing to literally "just win" and "gain infamy"...it's not a chance I'm willing to take by filling up a weapon slot with a weapon that has a range of 15 and wont hit all 4 projectiles unless their at like distance 7 or less. :p I'll play with it when it's not a quest or later on in the game. (or at the beginning of a season)

Lestiveryn likes this.
  5. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    When you are resource constrained it is hard to pick. I get tempted by the ranged weapons and napalm. Of course I just had an epic cannon drop to tempt me to stay with cannon, but upgrading it is so resource expensive at my lvl.

6. rlxgenerate

it is expensive but you'll soon realize that as you level up, the gold and sugar will become more plentiful. make sure you get the free resources everyday and don't be afraid to buy the green, blue and purple parts from the market...

My advice, pick 1 weapon you plan to use for a while and work on it...don't try to balance...have that 1 weapon that is your "go-to" and "damage dealer"...you're future self will thank your current self. :)

Lestiveryn likes this.
  7. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    I do all this. I am hoping high level players will help with the picking using their wisdom. ;-)

It is also more complicated because there is more of a branching path you can follow depending on crew upgrades too. Some weapons become more viable. In the future, you would likely shuffle weapons in and out, using the least resource, if you mapped dps and team support viability as you lvl up.

Last edited: 20 May 2017
  8. HeroicBubbles

It's not exactly painless but you can retrain each talent for free and it only takes an hour. Don't feel locked in to a talent choice.

9. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    If only it were that easy!!!!! You have to get to the talents before you can retrain them. You cannot just blithely follow a tree without losing a lot of resource and time. I know we take the long road here, but let us hear opinions on good weapons and talent choices. No planning leads to pain in my experience.

I just wanted to know opinions about what weapons fixers like at mk3 and beyond. I know I can use whatever I want.

Red Herring likes this.
  10. Red Herring

Red Herring New Member

Thank you for the sound advice!, I shall take it to heart.

11. HeroicBubbles

The balance in this game is pretty good so there are actually a wide variety of weapons that can be effective for a fixer. There is no perfect build. All of these weapons will seem lackluster if not leveled enough for your current infamy and fantastic if it's over-leveled. It's just the way the game works.

My comprehensive thoughts if it helps:
    Cannon/Blast cannon/Sniper Rifle - I've personally used cannon and sniper. I slightly prefer sniper but it depends on the battle which I'd rather have. I've seen a lot of fixers using blast cannon well but mine is not high enough level to use yet. These are probably the most widely used fixer weapons with good range and cooldown. You can't go wrong here and I would recommend leveling one of these for sure and then experiment with other kinds.
    Flare Gun - Good choice. Debuffs enemies for teammates and does more damage than cannons over time.
    Napalm - No doubt about it, this can win your team games if you can count on competent teammates. But you can't and it leaves you defenseless. i wouldn't recommend until you are in Chaos or above probably. Preferably one of your teammates should have it.
    Grenade/Explosive cannon - aoe with no minimum range. I've seen high level fixers in Porthos vids using these.and probably great in those group cluster f%%% fights a fixer is in frequently.
    Carronade - I didn't like it because it didn't do enough damage to give up the range, but I think carronade drastically increases effectiveness with high level talents.
    Rail Gun - I didn't like it with fixer because it's really finicky to use. The slightest wave or movement renders it useless and anything close nerfs the damage with a huge cooldown so it is hard to setup as fixer who is concentrating on teammates for healing. That said I was using a lvl 10 rare and if I had lvl 30 epic vaporizing enemies I might feel differently:p
    Mine - I've seen quite a few fixers use this. This can be very situational so I don't like it as the only weapon you have. Some battles it will do nothing but if you have a high level mine it can work very well. Do not try with green mines.
    Torpedos - These are a little harder to aim so it can be distracting when trying to switch to box launcher and keep track of allies to heal. I've seen plenty of fixers racking up the damage with a big torp and I am leveling mine to try it. Tritorps can be great area denial and do good damage. Swift torp is not worth it when you can use big torp with 2 slot points.
    Mortars - These are a little harder to aim so it can be distracting when trying to switch to box launcher and keep track of allies to heal. I wouldn't recommend them because they leave you defenseless up close and only really do big damage to groups.
    Missles - I don't have enough experience using them. I've seen the rare fixer using them and I think they could be effective if heavily talented as they will do good damage with a low cooldown. High level shooters using them certainly hurt.

Red Herring likes this.
  12. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    Wow. Simply awesome. Tyvm!!!

13. rlxgenerate

Run a fixer, it's worth it!

Captain Parguya and Lestiveryn like this.
  14. Weaponizer

Weaponizer Member

Fixer's my favorite class, but it's too weak to compete right now because it's still Mk1. My Fixer uses an Uncommon Flare Gun, but should I replace that with a Cannon?

15. Weaponizer

Weaponizer Member

Which one is best for Fixer?

16. HeroicBubbles

I think most people prefer cannon.Your team will most likely already have a lot of burning effects and you can't really combo it yourself anyway with 1 slot.

17. Weaponizer

Weaponizer Member

I actually was testing Flare Gun with Fixer again and I guess that it's not a bad combo. I might switch the Flare Gun with my Level 10 Uncommon Cannon since I already have a Rare Cannon on my Shooter.

18. Weaponizer

Weaponizer Member

Should I?

19. rlxgenerate

I've mentioned this before, I like to run a sniper cannon because I like to hang back and help heal my team and I can throw shots far away. Even if the enemy gets close, I can still shot vs having a mortar and not being able to do much close range. It's truly up to your play style...flare gun (if you make contact) will do the damage and allow you to then focus on healing.
    Keep Calm and Heal On!!!

20. Weaponizer

Weaponizer Member

Since I am a supportive Fixer, I'll just use Flare Gun. What's better for being supportive, Repair Pulse or Repair Box Launcher?

Totoro likes this.