1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

(*FIXER'S UNION*)

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Gamesmith420, 8 May 2017.

?

Will fixers ever receive compensation for a job well done? And do you think they should?

Poll closed 18 May 2017.
  1. Yes

68.7%
  2. Maybe? Should definitely be considered!

28.9%
  3. No

2.4%
  1. Mr squiqqle

Mr squiqqle Well-Known Member

And who is he (in game name) this fixer king who reprimanded you? Who is he to TELL us how to fix?

Mr gets em likes this.
  2. Robos

Robos Member

I'm a new user since the global launch and like playing fixer and I have a question regarding duct tape since I just got an epic one(third epic I've gotten).

Should I use it when I get my mk3 boat (tomorrow), save it for later or is it so bad I might as well scrap it for parts?

I'm level 15 with 1200 infamy

3. rlxgenerate

rlxgenerate Active Member

Watch this...for all of you who want to run fixer...this is a great video to watch!

4. rlxgenerate

honestly...i think the consensus would be to scrap them...but if they're epic, idk. it's however you feel. i haven't scrapped any epics but i also don't keep duct tape...you're pulse and boxes can heal yourself as well help your team so why on earth would you equip an item that ONLY helps you??? i'd get rid of it and use the parts to upgrade other epics you'll run across throughout the game.

5. mang inasar

mang inasar Active Member

aye aye new forum member mk3 fixer here reporting to the union!

6. Red Herring

Red Herring New Member

Hello rather low lvl fixer here, I will note this about being a bit of a planner and I was looking ahead of what I might want in the furture as my second weapon and its between the Flare Gun and the Mines. I was thinking flare gun to hamper any enemy fixers, but I was thinking mines to trap the health boxes I would be tossing out from enemy boats. Oh I should note I am using a Carronade for the main weapon.

7. Robos

Robos Member

Thanks for the reply. It will help me justify scrapping an epic.

8. Vince

Vince New Member

As for the clever ones who collect the boxes you lay out at the start of the game for later use, I was wondering whether those boxes u do lay out stay forever or not. I had an argument the other day thinking those boxes DONT stay forever so it was useless to do such a thing. I'm not sure myself so it would be nice to get confirmation. I have not yet reached mk3 fixer so I don't have the privilege to test it

9. Vince

Vince New Member

Also wondering the same thing for mines, as usual here supporting my Fixer friends, I approve that fixers should have a damage fixed during the end so they are recognized and that idiots, who get mad over the fact that a fixer got three stars even though they were last damage, finally understands their true value

10. HeroicBubbles

HeroicBubbles Active Member

Repair boxes last the entire game until collected.

Mines disappear after a time, but they last quite awhile. Not sure exactly but it seems like around 2 mins.

11. Mr squiqqle

Mr squiqqle Well-Known Member

As was stated a post or 2 ago, the boxes never disappear. They stay the entire match. The only downside is that not many people make it back to the starting point where you laid those first ones, in the heat of battle, or its forgotten that they are there... It's great for the speeders on your team tho, who sometimes have to beat a fast retreat, but don't have a clear path to the fixer, and take the scenic route :D

12. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

You wont have two weapon slots before lvl 40, so no rush in making a choice :) Stockpile epics and see which ones you get duplicates of.

On a general note I would suggest that you combine Cannonade with something that works at a longer distance.

13. Red Herring

Red Herring New Member

Thank you HeroicBubbles that helps shape my decision at least

14. Red Herring

Red Herring New Member

I was thinking the samething about mixing it with something with distance, I was thinking Flare Gun to be sorta a anti fixer...but your right the flare doesn't really have huge range on it

15. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    Just showing support. Give us a battle stat to show job well done!!!! Amount healed is obvious choice. Or healed plus damage for everyone.

16. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    So what do you all suggest for the best weapon for MK3, assuming you have it of course.

17. rlxgenerate

I run a mk3 and because I like to sit back and heal...I like to run a sniper cannon...it helps if they get up close on your because a mortar is ineffective close range...

18. rlxgenerate

Running a fixer isn't easy but well worth learning how!!!

19. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    But you show a video of a player with napalm. I use a cannon currently which has range issues..true. I have thought about the sniper, but there are other weapons with range too that might be more disruptive when I am not healing once I am beyond mk2.

20. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    Napalm looks fun too. Hehe.