1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

(*FIXER'S UNION*)

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Gamesmith420, 8 May 2017.

?

Will fixers ever receive compensation for a job well done? And do you think they should?

Poll closed 18 May 2017.
  1. Yes

68.7%
  2. Maybe? Should definitely be considered!

28.9%
  3. No

2.4%
  1. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

My #1 suggestion is to make friends with players that you have success playing with & fleet up -- There's some amazing players out there that can do some serious damage when they have a Fixer in support.

kalipolina and Mr squiqqle like this.
  2. Mr squiqqle

Mr squiqqle Well-Known Member

I agree with you to a point about pulse, bit being a box fixer mostly, I have learnt to throw them fairly accurately. In saying that, it can become cumbersome and have had success with double pulse also. I believe speeders rely more on the boxes, so I guess it depends if you decide to fleet with a speeder or a shooter, and your own personal style

3. youtubegniksivart

youtubegniksivart New Member

I agree this is the one thing I'd like to see added most in the game.

kalipolina likes this.
  4. Mr squiqqle

Most needed thing in the game... Fixers stats... I played a number of games today against nightmare league players... Did 0 damage but did so much healing... Would be nice to see exactly how much.. lol
    I know I have completely changed my view from earlier in this post, and I'm not saying we need to be rewarded more for our efforts, but being able to see our stats like everyone else can for damage would be really nice :D

Last edited: 10 May 2017
    JJf likes this.
  5. rlxgenerate

rlxgenerate Active Member

I switched back and forth from shooter to defender...and i was loving the damage I was dealing...but noticed that I never had a fixer but MAYBE...once every 5-6 games if I was lucky.
    Once I was able to get mine to mk2 (i know, I'm still new)...I was able to open up a slot and made myself more valuable. I noticed (for the most part) that people generally appreciate and try to protect the fixers...so I began running it and my match win average and began to rise. I've found that a well played fixer and easily turn the tide of a match but also, we get targeted too. But I'm pretty much going to stay fixer unless something drastic happens.
    To comment on being rewarded, I agree to an extent. I've gotten stars when no one else on my team did after losing. I've not killed anyone and gotten 2 stars. It would be cool to see how much healing was done during a match but overall, I think us fixers know we helped out during a win.

Whistler likes this.
  6. NosTermite

NosTermite New Member

For weapon so far (lvl 10 Captain) I went for what I know most supports in other game go for, fast re load lol dmg gun. I believe it has a reload of 5 sec? i can usually get off 3 shots before they can ht me back. I currently have it at 130dmg. Which isn't bad since I can shot twice the heal. With this strat I usually end up (if team mates arnt all brain dead) keeping everyone up and top dmg if not top 3.

Like I said before iv always played support classes in games and this game took some research on what would be best. This is what iv come up so far I'll keep posting for people that are also finding it hard in the beginning like it. You vets are long gone on the learning curves.

7. Patrick Roach

Patrick Roach New Member

Didn't wanna start a new thread....as a fixer in the early game hovering around 600 inf......at what time do other friends start to appreciate you and actually allow u to do your job? Seems like all the friendlies just run from me

kalipolina likes this.
  8. Mr squiqqle

At all levels you find that some people just don't get how the fixer role is played. So there will always be that. But as you get higher, 'more' people will learn that the fixer can change a match entirely anx start to appreciate you. Just keep fixing, just keep fixing, lol

9. kalipolina

kalipolina New Member

I just started the game a day or two after it released and I had NO CLUE what my purpose was. Until I unlocked the "FIXER"!!! I have much to learn, but just the satisfaction of fixing another ship to full health AND be able to cannon and destroy an enemy ship is just ENOUGH for me!!! #WhoNeedsAFix

mammoth1946 and Mr squiqqle like this.
  10. Dr.pie

Dr.pie Member

Fixers definitely need some rewards for good healing, especially when the enemy scores 5x more damage and loses. And imo players should stick together intelligently so the fixer has an easier time doing its job

11. Mr squiqqle

But not too closely... Nothing worse than giving the enemy an easy 3 or 4 kills

12. Kitterini

[
    A good strategy can be to locate the strongest shooter/defender (or in rare cases enforcer) and just stick to healing them - Then others can come near if they want heals.

Mr squiqqle likes this.
  13. RESQMI

RESQMI Active Member

Couldn't agree more with this strategy, works usually.
    By the way Congrats on getting MK5 Kit, just had a game against you.
    I'm stuck on my fixer without dup items for upgrade, switching to shooter at the moment.
    Been more than a month trying to get a rare pulse or box for ungrade but with no luck.... Epic and rare parts combined keeps giving bandage which I have no use now.

14. Kitterini

Aye -- Was happy that I got the option to spend my saved up pearls on an epic Pulse -- Getting those green items is a slow process, gotten to 6/10 for my first epic item since they released that system a few months ago.

15. rlxgenerate

The thing I find most frustrating is that I'll drop 100 infamy being a fixer...knowing I can't deal a ton of damage and the shooters/defenders on the team are just sitting and dealing no damage...not moving around...not getting into cover and realizing that I can heal them.
    I'm having to switch between fixer and shooter because sometimes I'm having to do all the leg work of taking out enemies and for some reason, I can't get a decent team together to work together. So at the moment, I'm running more shooter than fixer because I'm losing too much Infamy...anyone else having the same problems?

16. Kitterini

You run into bad teams regardless of which ship you use --- My experience at lower infamy was that a good fixer can dominate games & has a higher infamy "ceiling" than other classes, aslong as you can stay alive you can have an impact even in games with players in stronger boats.

17. rlxgenerate

I'm trying to believe in that...hard...but trying...

18. RESQMI

RESQMI Active Member

Lol Rix, this is very common when you are a lower level fixer. We all been through the same process, the team you have is gonna take some time to understand how to play around with a fixer in the team.
    I used fixer for a while and actually got to my personal record for infamy points. The situation should improve once you got to a higher level when players start to learn to play with fixer in their team.
    I switched to shooter at the moment as I couldn't find dup items to upgrade the healing items. Currently hitting a ceiling with my gears, healing power too week to keep the team going to go higher up the ranking.

19. JJf

JJf Member

I switched to fixer when I had MK4 shooter and MK3 fixer. I played mostly shooter but had problems to stay at 2k infamy and I was moving between 1.7k and 2k. Then I upgraded my fixer to MK4 and started playing as fixer. In a couple of weeks my infamy rose from 2k to 3k. Of course I didn't stay there but now I have been between 2.6k and 3k for a while, and also upgraded my fixer to MK5. So, I hit my record really soon after switching to fixer and I believe it's easier to get infamy as fixer/speeder/enforcer than as a shoooter. It's maybe because when playing as fixer I stay in the back row but as shooter I was dump enough to run in the front line even when I was MK4 and the others MK5s.

20. rlxgenerate

lol, thanks for the encouragement y'all. I'll definitely take it all into consideration. I'll probably put my fixer on the side until I can get it to mk3. I'll probably stick with my shooter and go back and forth. I like being a fixer but I feel that I don't have enough value being such a low level and at my league, I think I just need to focus on destruction vs support...