1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

(*FIXER'S UNION*)

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Gamesmith420, 8 May 2017.

?

Will fixers ever receive compensation for a job well done? And do you think they should?

Poll closed 18 May 2017.
  1. Yes

68.7%
  2. Maybe? Should definitely be considered!

28.9%
  3. No

2.4%
  1. JJf

JJf Member

I agree with that, It would be nice to see how I have done my work. I have some times wondered how many points did I fix but it's impossible to see it. Anyway the game knows it but doesn't tell. Many times after a good fixing round I've been thinking if I was near my record or not. Now it's possible to see player's own record in achievements but that's all.

Btw, my current personal record is a bit over 20k (with mk5 and two rare pulses) at the moment.

13rafdav and TinkThank like this.
  2. Adrian Palmer

Adrian Palmer New Member

I haven't focused on fixing yet as my items do not suffice yet but I hugely appreciate a fixer that acknowledges my help requests thank you fixers!!

TinkThank and Mr squiqqle like this.
  3. StyloMilo

StyloMilo New Member

In my early days, I would be tearing my hair out because most players under 1.5k infamy would still steal those early laid boxes even at full health which annoys me

ThirstySeal and Mr squiqqle like this.
  4. Gamesmith420

Gamesmith420 New Member

Id have to say i feel your wrong. I feel fixers require a bit more more skill. For 1your starting with but 1wepon. 2 your team..even know they don't seem to know, it. Are really relying on your skill to heal them if they become target foccus. And also survive. N throw a shot as well.

5. Gamesmith420

Gamesmith420 New Member

(Fellow fixers! Our thred was read and recognized )and I thank our admins for reading what we have to say and discuss here. we will keep the feedback coming with any bright ideas concerns and so forth.

6. NosTermite

NosTermite New Member

As someone who has always played a "support" class in many games. Please tell me once I'm out of the weeds filled with newbs, higher lvl ppl know to come to a fixer for pulse heals rather then run to an enemy with 50hp.....this is one reason I find my poor chest feeling mini stokes as I play fixer

TinkThank likes this.
  7. Gamesmith420

Gamesmith420 New Member

Sounds like your like me and from the (dota) era. Iam glad to hear it gets better. The game has just recently become available for me to play. Im allways and firever using goggle play to watch for games and so iam allways late to the frey.

kalipolina and TinkThank like this.
  8. Mr squiqqle

Mr squiqqle Well-Known Member

Yes! I am pleased to say that at the higher levels, SOME people have wizened up to the fact that a fixer is useful. In saying that, a lot still rush to the other side of the map and then spam SOS when they get in trouble, and then abuse the fixer in global chat after the match. Fixing can be a thankless job, but I take pride in doing my job well, and knowing that when I don't fix, I lose a lot more battles due to the limited number of decent fixers out there. Play well, play smart and fix the hell out of ERRYONE!! :D
    Good sailing fellow fixers

9. HeroicBubbles

HeroicBubbles Active Member

I find once boats are 1500+ infamy you have a much better chance of them knowing what a fixer is about. Although newbs I am sure will always be around.

My biggest pet peave is throwing a repair box at a player and just missing because their movements are so erratic you can't anticipate. Then they take a minute trying to steer over it and die before they can:mad:

David Bonaparte, Epekka and TinkThank like this.
  10. TinkThank

TinkThank New Member

I completely and utterly agree with everything said here, and support it, as a fixer main (900if) I feel all this and I voted yes. THX FQM

11. Mr squiqqle

This does also get better over time. I fleet with a player called @Dr.pie and when in battle, things can get hectic, but he came up with a strategy to always be able to gety boxes. If the other player has the chance, he can look at your boat and see which way your turret is pointing and head in that direction. This obviously takes a bit more of an experienced eye, and can be difficult in the heat of the moment, but it worked well for he and 1

TinkThank likes this.
  12. TinkThank

TinkThank New Member

As a lucio main in Overwatch, I already am about equal in skill to 1500if+, though I've only climbed to 900if. And I thought OW players where stupid and didn't protect their healer.

13. GlacialEclipse

GlacialEclipse Member

You have no idea how helpful this single thread was, just as I thought of a abandoning the fixer way and switch to the overwhelming shooter side. I now have the knowledge and will to keep true on this path, thank you all ;)

Whistler, Mr squiqqle and TinkThank like this.
  14. Whistler

Whistler Active Member

Just coming down the comment and before reading yours I thought, maybe it would be nice for teammates to be acle to see the green arch when you're about to shoot a box? That could certaintly help.

15. Mr squiqqle

I'm fairly certain, like a mortar, it does show the landing point... But I could be wrong...

16. Whistler

Whistler Active Member

Doesn't that happen once you shot and the pack is in the air? I mean while one's aiming

17. KnightOfZ

KnightOfZ Member

I've tried to search for an image but I couldn't find any naked fixer ships. Are you stuck with items that only require a 1 slot yellow at mk5? Thanks

18. Mr squiqqle

Yes still only 1 x 1 slot for yellow, 1 x 2slot for weapons

19. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

It gets better, but you still find suicidal players even at Nightmare infamy. I'd suggest doing what you can to limit the impact on other players stupidity, fx;
    - Be as fast as possible (Turbo+Overboost), making it easy for you to play ambulance style speeding back & forth in the matches where the shooters for some reason refuse to be close together.
    - Don't use Repair Box (Mk6 being the obvious exclusion from this point, perhaps Mk4 but I would argue for Duct tape here), its ackward and heavily reliant on other people having brains. My experience at mk4 was dropping 300+ infamy whenever I replaced my Duct Tape with the Box. The attention required to aim & hit with Box lowers your awareness, damage & movement. Once you get to mk6 it does make sense though to ensure enough burst healing.
    - Repair Pulse is king, spam that "together" emote until people get it & gather up for heals.
    - Run a proper weapon (for anyone below mk6) - You are limited to 1 weapon have something that can deal damage when required, if you fool around with mine/torpedo/mortar you have essentially lost/drawn once you are alone. I've won tons of close endings with my basic cannon where any of those 3 weapon types would have been hopeless.

Many more options open up in the late game (mk6) with 2 weapon slots & perhaps a very powerful Turbo equipped.

20. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Mk5 is
    1 red slot (2points)
    1 yellow (1p) Most run Overboost.
    2 blue (2p) Turbo+Flex (I'd recommend Standard Shield)
    3 green (4p) Repair Pulse+Repair Pulse+Empty
    ----
    Mk6:
    2 red (3p)
    1 yellow (1p) Most run Overboost.
    2 blue (2p) Turbo+Flex
    3 green (5p) Repair Pulse+Repair Pulse+Flex (often Box)

Mr gets em, MizRed and KnightOfZ like this.