1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

(*FIXER'S UNION*)

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Gamesmith420, 8 May 2017.

?

Will fixers ever receive compensation for a job well done? And do you think they should?

Poll closed 18 May 2017.
  1. Yes

68.7%
  2. Maybe? Should definitely be considered!

28.9%
  3. No

2.4%
  1. Robos

Robos Member

I still consider all duct tape users as egotistical. The new heal bolt will be used instead by decent team players. Throw yourself a box instead and you are fine

2. RESQMI

RESQMI Active Member

Think it is still too early to tell, wait till we have a feel of the new item 1st before further comment.
    If the new heal bolt works like frost blaster, it will need serious practicing to be able to use it efficiently over a long range.
    My concern is the targeting mechanism used for this heal bolt, if it is the same as what we have now, it might be twitchy when trying to aim for a particular team mate in the cluster.
    Hopefully it works out ok.

3. ThirstySeal

ThirstySeal Member

The new post-battle page makes it really transparent how fixers are under-rewarded: one star & lowest contribution really? Looks like a repair hp is valued at less than 0.25 of a damage hp. Not cool.

Attached Files:

behumble and Battle Bay Scrub like this.
  4. aaaxxd

aaaxxd Member

This update definitely destroyed fixers as a viable ship. The repair bolt is an interesting idea, but it needs some buffing up along with duct tape to be useful. Also, if we were going to get a friendly-targeting gun, we should have been given faster turn/targeting speed as well. Otherwise this was just not going to work.

Also, I agree that nerfing rewards (both material and recognition) for playing fixers was a stupid idea. That was a big reason many played fixers despite them being less "fun".

Battle Bay Scrub likes this.
  5. Lightsoutokyo

Lightsoutokyo Member

Does anyone have any suggestions for weapons as a fixer?
    Here's what I have but I'm not sure where to focus my sugar

Attached Files:

6. SCOOTY PUFF Jr

SCOOTY PUFF Jr Active Member

I was using a blast cannon for the longest time, but now I have an epic T3 firebomb that seems to work well. Especially after the last update, I need to sit back far more now and using that helps others (if they have the fire perks) while I keep out of the way throwing my pulse heals

7. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

Are you sure?

I played with 2 fixers recently and they did less than 1k dmg but earned 1 star more than me cause they healed like crazy

Maybe you were healing yourself more?

8. Roundtable

Roundtable Member

Please, devs, please limit the number of mortars available to each team or put increase the duration of cooldown as a fixer, It is becoming very hard to survive under CONSTANT BARRAGES OF MORTARS, thanks to this update, I can't even heal myself enough before another round of mortar coming straight at me., I only have 38 points health pulse and you devs decided that was too OP and limit the healing down to 16 points.....ARE YOU KIDDING ME!, how will you expect me to surviving in those rains of mortar with 1/2 original effectiveness of my pulse. Currently the game isn't balance for us fixers WE GETTING SLAUGHTERED BY THEM!

In my last match, the unfriends had a total 8 different mortars (including legendary), they were cycling through them like a kid eating chocolate bars. I can't even outrun the first wave, before the second wave arrives. I understand that you nerf the sniper cannon as it was OP, why not considered mortars as well, now they are OP when going against us fixers

9. Lightsoutokyo

Lightsoutokyo Member

IMG_3985.PNG IMG_3986.PNG IMG_3988.PNG IMG_3989.PNG IMG_3990.PNG just some of the love that I've not received from being a fixer you could do as much fixing as somebody that does damage and only get half the stars

Attached Files:

10. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Im not subscribing to the story that Fixers arent being rewarded. I will agree that the stars we get seems very random & I still have 3* games that felt like 1* and vice versa. Random yes, but I dont feel like we get worse rewards than others.

Some examples:

#1 - I got 3* for my efford, the other Fixer hardly anything.
    IMG_0100.PNG

#2 - Massive reward for me, yet our other Fixer did better than me for no reward & Brizos 20k healing is not enough to make up for 300 damage?
    IMG_0103.PNG

#3 & 4 - I cannot grasp the pattern between these two shots: First game healing is valued very high, second its worth fuck all.
    IMG_0104.PNG IMG_0098.PNG

11. aaaxxd

aaaxxd Member

I have a feeling that healing low hp players count more than nearly full ones. Or that once the total damage absorbed exceeds a ship's hp, the heal starts counting more.

12. HeroicBubbles

HeroicBubbles Active Member

The strange thing I've noticed Is if I sit back and heal a fairly stationary group from range the whole game, it doesn't seem to matter how much I heal for I will be rewarded minimally. When I get out and move around with the team across the map to engage the enemy, even minimal healing seems to be rewarded well.

13. SCOOTY PUFF Jr

SCOOTY PUFF Jr Active Member

I've noticed this as well, there has been rounds where the team camped up the back and I have healed a stupid amount but got only 1 star, then rounds where I have hit every inch of the map 5 times and healed such a small amount but gotten 3 star's

14. Kitterini

IMG_0105.PNG Check this one out - Except from the guy that died miles away from me noone took damage & I was just cruising around trying to keep up the whole game. 2*s!

I did make it halfway around the map though, so perhaps you have a point!

15. RESQMI

RESQMI Active Member

Maybe if you managed to fix all of your team mates in a game might be one of the factor,
    I noticed that after switching back to a pulse with dual box set up from dual pulse set up after the update, I'm taking longer time a day to farm my stars.
    Or it's just my imagination.

16. Pollina

Pollina New Member

What can I say? :D
    IMG_1428.PNG

17. Kitterini

I would suggest not trying to make any sense of it :) Sometimes we get more than what seems fair, other times much less. On average it seems fair enough (in my opinion anyway).
    A hint: I get more stars when I use Napalm Launcher, than if I use my Cannon. Food for thought!

----
    Edit: I have games like the one you linked, but then you get games like this which make as little sense.

IMG_0107.PNG

Last edited: 3 Jul 2017
  18. Pollina

Pollina New Member

Thank you very much for your advices!!!!!!!!!

19. Zachiderp

Zachiderp Well-Known Member

The fixer is rewarded based on who your are healing not how much you heal. If you heal a player thats doing a lot of damage you will recieve more stars than healing a player doing no damage at all.

behumble and Pollina like this.
  20. Kitterini

The joy of life as a Fixer -- Got this friendly message after he lost us two games in a row by speeding into a full pack and dying first.

Do I with I could still selfheal and be a part of the charge, yes! But the option of going after suicidal players was sadly nerfed by 50% last patch.

IMG_0111.PNG