1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

fixer

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Alpakaa, 10 Aug 2018.

1. Alpakaa

Alpakaa Member

Student and part-Time Alpaca
    I'd like to start playing fixer, any tips? I've got tier two rare pulses and repair boxes, but that's about it. Mark 4 fixer.

PastelPiku likes this.
  2. ChickenSurprise

ChickenSurprise Active Member

Healing you up
    There are many tips on the forum but in a nutshell:
    • Try to stick with your team, though sometimes teammates split up, especially since pulse has a small range
    • Don't rush in front of the team as the unfriends will see you first
    • Put repair boxes in safe areas around your team and not in the open
    For weapons I would recommend sniper though it depends on what you currently have and generally people run standard shield and turbo

3. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

Join the duct side

PastelPiku and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  4. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    My tips for normal fixer:
    -A repair bolt is almost 100% necessary. Some (stupid) players don't pay attention to their health, and will not stick close by. Others have no strategic skill and won't follow closely, which means that you will often have to clutch-heal players to save them from the brink of death.
    -Don't focus too much on dealing damage, healing should be top priority.
    -For the yellow slot you can use either nitro or overboost, I personally like overboost.
    -If a yellow boat (speeder) is flanking or getting too close for comfort, say "Attack (that guy)." Most of your teammates will be to preoccupied with doing damage to the enemy team to see a flanker unless you say something with commands.
    -If you have a dumb teammate that suicides and charges forward too much, don't waste healing on him if he's already going to die.
    -Firebomb is a really good weapon on fixer, it can act as support for extra cannon damage and do a lot of damage on it's own.
    -When I play fixer, I try to heal everyone equally (keep everyone at same percentage health) so that everyone is safe from death. Don't focus heal one person too much.

PastelPiku and NeptuneGaming like this.
  5. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    DONT JOIN THE DUCT SIDE!! WE SPEEDERS NEED YOU!

PastelPiku likes this.
  6. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

Use Overboost. You need it to escape hot situations. Don’t use nerfed Tesla Bolt or Frost Blaster. And, if you’re skilled enough, use Nitro.

NeptuneGaming and PastelPiku like this.
  7. Ser Tomaz

Ser Tomaz Active Member

Why some fixers heal me when Im full hp n no heal when I need it

PastelPiku likes this.
  8. Ovidmikel

Ovidmikel Active Member

As a fixer main my ADVICE is SONT DO IT fixer rewards SUCK it takes longer to lvl up and training fixer items makes all other items weaker so you can't easily swap to any other boats because of time and resources takes so long to build items for other ships . I seont all my resources on fixer items and a my training so that makes all my other boats weak if I want to play in ranked play . A real example at night mare season reset I decided to play shooter this season . I can't play enforcer yet because my t sheild or t bolt are only t4 and t2 or not at night mare lvl I can't I played shooter and not just weak weapons I suck at shooter because I've never played any other boats with weak shooter training i dropped infamy like a rock to the point im about to get reduced rewards so now I have no choice but to play fixer and fight to get my infamy back . I can't continue playing shooter to learn because my rewards wine cut and slow down my lvl up progression . In reveiw DONT WASTE YOUR ENERGY ON FIXER another reason fixers are the most dependent one there teams. A great fixer can fix till the end of time but if the team can't do damge it's to no end i the team scatter like a cover if quail you gotta choose who to follow and fix and hope he can do damge . It's a very frustrqting boat to play .. the best tip I can give you if you decide to play fixer . When you battle with a really good shooter that is a real damge dealer friend his ass and fleet as much as possible . After a while you will have friended enough that you will usually be able to fleet with someone every battle . A good damge dealing shooter fleeted with a good fixer is key to climbing infamy . And I guarantee you good shooter Will be glad to fleet with you anytime . You increase you winning percentage dramaticly . And it's under but the shooter will get far better rewards 2 or 3 stars every game the fixer get 1 sometimes 2 rarely 3 . Which equals less gold and sugar less stars for star crates which equals lvl up material . Fleeting a couple hours shooter will or almost ahve there 75 star quota fixer maybe have 45 and star and sugar rewards are about that ratio less also . Any good shooter that fllets with a good fixer will tell you
    FIXER REWARDS ARE BULLSHIT

Earel, ShipCrusherCz and PastelPiku like this.
  9. Ovidmikel

Ovidmikel Active Member

Can't agree more on using nitro i used over boost all the way to night mare . I got a legendary nitro and tried it and it's so much better . When trained with perks the cooldown is so fast it's almost always ready . With practice you can dodge shoots nitro by boats so your behind them . Not as good as a speeder but speeder like . On some maps you can jump waves completely over other boats . But it's really easy to nitro into trouble also lmao.

PastelPiku and Ultrah like this.
  10. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

How close are you to Mk5? (Captain Level 30)

Mk4 is the "awkward teenage years" of the Fixer - they've got the ability to use a Standard Shield and a Turbo, but are still limited by having only two Green slots.

Absolutely continue building up your Repair Pulse, you said it's T2 Rare. Do you still have the achievement open to earn a third Rare and get it to Tier III?

Agreed 100%. If I were coming up now in Fixer world, I would absolutely be building towards Pulse + Double Bolt. Ranged heals, plus the frost/stun removal talents, and big numbers to boot. It's a fantastic support item, offset by the inability to heal yourself with it. I'd suggest you save up and buy a Rare one now, then farm your second one from Achievements.

PastelPiku and StrictSalmon307 like this.
  11. NeptuneGaming

NeptuneGaming Well-Known Member

very well said
    this is about it

PastelPiku and StrictSalmon307 like this.
  12. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    The day I got my Mk4 fixer was the day I picked up the rudder, which played a big part in shaping my fixer playstyle today. To me, the 2nd blue slot was the most valuable upgrade.

13. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

You use rudder instead of small shield?

PastelPiku likes this.
  14. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Yea, I get that a lot. It feels good to have really good agility. I have to use a tape to make up for the lack of a shield, but it basically feels like a bigger and slower support speeder. I definitely recommend nitro for rudder users, as nitro's sudden bursts of speed can be very difficult to follow when combined with high agility. It's like swatting a fly.

15. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

If I have nobody else to heal and I see somebody moving into position where they will probably be targeted I sometimes shoot a bolt at them because I have a 20% chance to make you invincible for a few seconds and maybe take the first barrage of hits away from the unfriends. Sometimes I’ll also pulse even if nobody is currently damaged but we are moving into an area where we might get damaged soon. The pulse will last for several seconds and start to heal as soon as damage is done. My cooldown starts so I can do another pulse when the damage occurs giving more total healing.

Maybe that’s why.

Or maybe the fixer just has a crush on you ;)

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  16. Ser Tomaz

Ser Tomaz Active Member

ShipCrusherCz liked ur post so Im guessing ur right...

17. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

I played fixer for some time (it got me to master) so I know some fixer tactics and playstyle
    and I always wonder how is possible, that fixers in my battles have stronger green items than I had, yet they do less healing (my rare lvl 30 bolts did 600, their t3 epic bolts do like 400:rolleyes:)