1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Fixer vs no fixer

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Shatendris, 19 Mar 2018.

1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

The ONE person unable to replenish health at the rate of everyone else IS the fixer in almost all cases. If you cannot direct fire at the fixer first, then you're up against a really good fixer who knows how to position himself in a way that his team can rush in to support, OR your team has not gotten the message. Yellow boats are your best friends here, they can block heals. DO NOT BREAK STUNS, they block 100% healing above a certain level.

I've fought and won against double fixer teams(mk6+mk5, four-five times till date) and I take out fixers every day in tilted matches. It's the aggression you gotta step up, instead of thinking of it as a handicap, think of it as a challenge.

2. TheAntiSnipe

It's all in the timing. I have 3800- HP as a speeder, I flank from the rear. Most of the time, in tilted matches, it's me facing down a defender with 5 digit HP values backed by a pocket medic(fixer). I handle this by bursting the defender, stunning him, and taking as much of the fixer's health as possible. When the defender wakes up, the fixer is preoccupied with fixing him up. I hide, and jump back in, taking down the fixer in one fell swoop.

I literally have been left at 2 digit HP values after this maneuver, but I can go down knowing I got the fixer. And gave the defender a 3000 HP tummyache.

3. Yoube Fahal

Yoube Fahal New Member

Right, you have weapons that can deal huge damage, what about teams that can’t deal massive damage in a blitz attack?

And that’s even assuming you can spot and target the fixer before the enemy shooters peg you umpteen times...

You base your strategy from a lone wolf perspective, sometimes our team doesn’t have a speeder, then what? If it is ok to have a fixer on only one team then surely the algorithms should allocate a speeder on the opposite team. This is the fact, it’s random. On a team of all shooter vs. All shooter and one fixer, the team with the fixer will win, unless the fixer player is no good and wanders off.

At low level infamy it is impossible to coordinate because the players have no clue about working as a team, however if there is a fixer a team is more likely to stay close. Otherwise the team without the fixer generally spreads out and goes their own way.

The benefit is not always physical but also psychological as well.

4. TheAntiSnipe

A "spearhead" offensive works very well in an all shooter perspective, when you take flank routes to get to the enemy. Besides, the win rate for 1v0 fixers is actually LESS than 50% as said by @Miika. Which means you LITERALLY have more chances of losing with a fixer on your team.

5. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

There's no 100% guaranted strategy since any strategy rely on its execution and the other team also have five brains. Against any compacted team (with or without a fixer) you can try to split their team with a speeder or bring your AOE weapon (Napalm is my favorite but torpedos are also fantastic) if you're not a speeder.

6. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

I play as an enforcer. I do not lone wolf when the other team has a fixer.

I use the battle commands, and tell the team to follow me, and will repeat this a couple of times at key points (eg just about to round a corner). I actively try to drag the team up the battlefield quickly into aggressive positions.

Sometimes the team follow me, sometimes they don’t. However, I’ve done my part, and so if we lose, I lose knowing that I actively tried as hard as I could to implement a strategy that can win.

If team split up, well you’ve probably lost. However, if your team split up, regardless of whether there’s a fixer or not, you’ll probably lose anyway as the other team will probably be able to focus fire better than your team. It isn’t the fact that the other team had a fixer that made you lose, it’s the fact that you didn’t work co-operatively that made you lose.

TheAntiSnipe and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  7. TheAntiSnipe

I play enfo as well(made Ace 2 individually in that ship this season) and this strat is what I use as well. As I said before, fighting uphill means there is more of a chance your team will follow orders. As an enfo, knowing I can outdamage and effectively undo the fixer's healing in a burst gives me the confidence to command my squad.

8. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

9. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

On average then, fixers will lose infamy when they are the only fixer in a match. If there is an equal number of fixers on each team, the total infamy attributable to fixers would remain the same.

It begs the question, how do fixers gain infamy? is it when there is 2v1, 2v0?
    If you are a fixer, is your best opportunity to fleet with another fixer?

10. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Some Fixers gain it, some lose. Also, even I don't play Fixer 100% of the time (although it's pretty much 99% for me) so some players might win a game or two as a more favored class, then switch back to Team Lawnmower.

No, because two Fixers on a team is actually a significant weakness against a 0-fixer team. You're way down on firepower, and unless your team really gels together, you just get outgunned.

TheAntiSnipe and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  11. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

If that’s the case, I’m not really sure how Fixers get any infamy then. They have less than 50% win rate when being the only fixer in match (see comment from The AntiSnipe based upon stats from devs), they overall must balance when there’s an equal number on each side, and lose when it’s a 2v0 situation. Poor fixers. Lol. :confused:

12. TheAntiSnipe

Don't misquote me, I said the actual stat is for one fixer vs zero fixer. Read @CaffeinatedChris 's post on this thread to see the actual quote. Plus, a statistic is not really an accurate way to put it. I just wanted to say that there is a close-to-50/50 chance of winning even when there is no fixer on your team, thus matchmaking needs no tweaks in that aspect.

13. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Those quotes were pulled from a specific player and set of matches - Miika did some number-crunching in response to a player saying the same thing (matches with 0 fixers vs 1 fixer is unfair) so it doesn't necessarily represent everyone. I can also tell you my winrate is over 50% (although not by much) and not every 2v0 (or 2v1, or 3v1!) is a loss. If the team with fewer Fixers doesn't play it right, or lacks the ability to finish the job, a couple double-pulsing Mk6 Fixers will undo all of your hard work in a very short period of time.

14. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Sorry, I’m not sure how I have misquoted you? You said that “the win rate for 1v0 fixers is actually less than 50%”. I put that into my own words and said “they have less than a 50%win rate when being the only fixer in the match”. Anyway, no offence intended. I’m off to hunt for CaffeinatedChris’s thread to understand more.

15. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  16. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

17. TheAntiSnipe

No, sorry, I meant misinterpreted...(jeez, english is gonna be the death of me:(). You're reading into it as a guarantee when it is no more than a match stat for a cartain player. You could say that if you had a 49% winrate, you are likely to lose your next match, but that simply isn't how it works, is it?

Anyhow. I guess you got the answers you were looking for?

18. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Yes, I understand now. Thank you both for your help. :)