1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Fixer build? Captain 9

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Steven, 10 May 2017.

1. Tor

Tor New Member

For mk2 i have planned this:

Swifitng cannon for Sniper - preferably you will stay back in the games, and with the extra slot you will be getting the extra cooldown time will match nicely with the others.

Overboost - Best in the long run compared to turbo or nitro. Overboost cooldown are shorter, duration are longer and in total you will travel a longer distance compared to nitro. Allowing you to get to the players who have crit low health when needed and escape from incoming mortars. Turbo are not needed, as you already are faster or just as fast as the other ships.

Repair Pulse - No doubt there

Bandage - For me this is a nobrainer. Lets compare a lvl1 Uncommon bandage to a lvl1 uncommon standard shield. Shield provides with 87 extra HP, and Bandage 13HP every 5sec. A match last 5mins, s if a bandage always are "working" it will provide a total heal of 780HP for all that time!
    This, alongside Repair Pulse allows you to take alot of fire from time to time, not only will you heal, but you can also function as a little defender.

2. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

I'm not a huge fan of Triple Torpedo's on a boat limited to 1weapon -- My experience at lower level was that your ability to kill stuff mattered, in the close games that come down to 2vs2, 1vs2 etc its impossible to deal damage with Triple Torpedo's unless your opponents are completely useless.
    But perhaps their usefulness in the 5vs5 openings where they help to split up the opposing team is worth the tradeoff? I'd rather run Napalm Launcher if disruption was the main purpose though (but also dodgy as the solo weapon).

3. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

@Tor Glad if Bandage is working out for you -- Eventually burst damage becomes the main concern, which is where the standard shield becomes more interesting. I'm usually sitting near full hp or desperately scrambling for survival.

4. Athelin

Athelin New Member

Which are your weapon choices for mk3? I'm running Big torpedo but I'm pretty unsure about It.

5. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

Even though I'm new, I'd say roll with a cannon just because it has a shorter reload time. Oops, just saw you said mk3, ummm cannon, sniper (for the crit chance?) and maybe flare gun idk. imho longer reload times are maybe better? so u can focus on healing and not dishing out damage??? im still on mk2 so i run rare cannon lvl 4, rare nitro lvl 5, unco rep pulse lvl 9, unco rep box lvl 8, and rare turbo lvl 5 (can be swapped out for unco bandage lvl 8). Any advice or tips on my loadout/build?

6. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

I always use Big Torp with fixer, its inconsistent, but can sometimes out damage the shooters and you have a chance of taking a few ships out if you are last man standing.
    Your primary role is fixing, so if you do not hit many torps its not a huge deal :)
    You are doing fine bro, just keep grinding for parts and materials, and get into a good clan to take advantage of the raffle for perks and items.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  7. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Dude, big torpedo is awesome. For a fix, I mean.

Ash KOT likes this.
  8. Fixer sa Recto

Fixer sa Recto Well-Known Member

9. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Fixer sa Recto likes this.
  10. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

I'll start to use railgun on my fixer as soon as it become stronger than my Explosive Cannon, I love the fact that it can delivery huge damage but also has a long cooldown, so you can focus on your teammates without getting distracted by the possibility of being able to shoot.
    Unfortunatelly I lack the skills or the proper mindset to use tesla and I really envy who can.
    I suggest you to search for Brizo and Waveblower videos on You Tube, they're awesome, Porthos also made an incredible video on Fixer.

11. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

It's fun to be a paladin fixer

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  12. Rainbow Warrior

They can be useful :D but I'd love if the players who choose to play fixer this way changed their nicknames for something that make it easier to recognize their playstile. I don't know something like "duct tapes only", "fix yourself", "green speeder", "NotHereToFix", "not a fixer", etc. So we can adjust before we know them, a lot of rage would be avoided, I guess.

Last edited: 22 Nov 2017
  13. DoktorTeeth

DoktorTeeth Member

I always launch one each of my fixie weapons at the start to let the team know A.) that I'm there B.) what I've got.... Can't tell you how many I've done where I didn't even realize there was a second fixer until the end. Not sure about others, but I tend to forget to look at the list. if I'd known I maybe would have changed my strategy depending on how the other was setup. I wish there was an opportunity to choose a different ship at the start, so we wouldn't run into entire teams of shooters.

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  14. Rainbow Warrior

That's helpful :D the only problem is to distinguish betwen duct tape and pulse.

15. Earel

Earel Active Member

Tips form nightmare fixer : don't run fixer at all - it's pain in total. Don't learn skill tree of fixer at all > switch to another type of boat > learn full talent on snipe and flare blast. It's the meta in BB for now, it's mean it's a easier, more enjoyable, funny, less painful way for playing without stress.

16. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

That's a little defeatist; I'd rather try to fix the Fixer at the endgame instead of just giving up on it.

17. Earel

Earel Active Member

if u can't influence on the game just adapt to it. That's all. Why u should to prove something to somebody ???(admin/devs/players) - just enjoy a game on full chest.

18. O.R.C.A

O.R.C.A New Member

I agree