1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

DevReply Fixer balance in match ups

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Pro_Fesseur_Kev, 9 May 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

From 0 to 3% from 50/50 - amazing, as perfect as possible
    From 5% to 3% - could be better but not a problem
    7% to 5% - not good, not a nightmare
    9% to 7% - not good
    Bigger than 9% - oh, oh!

Help I Cant Swim and Cryix like this.
  2. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

lol this dodging feels a lot like winning the thread to me...

I haven't thought over what is the threshold for too imbalanced in this scenario. My only issue was these guys coming in the thread with their made up propaganda about devs said this and that. I think you should aim for within 48/52 in all potential scenarios, given the way people are forced to group with randoms, but I'm not sure that is an attainable goal. I also think that beyond 45/55 you should at least investigate and understand a reason why.

3. TonyStar123

TonyStar123 Active Member

I don't know if it really matters if you have a fixer or not. Its not like it is going to matter when your whole team just splits apart into 4 different direction. I mean how are you suppose to heal from 4 people who are all going opposite ways.

A55A51N and Cryix like this.
  4. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I wish I could like this post twice. Very well said.

Cryix and Babablacksheep like this.
  5. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Nobody is dodging anything. I was genuinely interested in hearing players’ thoughts on what is considered acceptable margin for fair. Thanks everyone for pitching in!

In the previous few months (to capture the current meta) the winratio for 1vs0 fixer battles have been 53%.

6. Bennie1120

Bennie1120 Member

I feel like the people that believes that it is unfair to have a fixer on the other team should be a fixer and try it out. Then you guys can have a better idea of the statistics. If you are a fixer then you will always have a fixer on your team =)

Cryix and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  7. Mr. Patel

Mr. Patel Active Member

I am a pure fixer and currently at 2900 infamy. I would say that at present even if the unfriend team doesn't have a fixer then too I had lost lots of games just because we don't stay together. If we stay together thn obviously it's a win win.
    I would also say that I had won many games if the unfriend team doesn't have a fixer. visa versa it's a bit balanced at the moment. peace out.

8. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

Dude! You posted it! Thanks!

Cryix likes this.
  9. Craigjnoble

Craigjnoble Well-Known Member

There usually is, complaining about a fixer matchup is about the same as saying nerf the Tesla shield, sniper rifle or telsa bolt. You are going to get a lot of salt.

I do agree with the comment on the fastest to nightmare.
    I play a fixer and I noticed that my infamy would sometimes start to sky rocket as you escape some of the infamy black holes and you get a teaser of better team mates who start to understand team work.

I also wonder if it is due to the function of a fixer as you level gear and skill, keeping people alive is effectively the fixers firepower. So it’s possible that the effect of levelling a healing item will have a bigger swing on the battle outcome than levelling 1 damage item. This also helps to climb the ladder faster.

In my eyes in the ace league I normally won the fight when the opponents had no fixer as there was just standing back lobbing mortars at each other. In nightmare it’s gone the other way as they play to agressively as a pause in battle will undo all their hard work.

10. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, does it vary by map? Which maps have the highest and lowest win rates for Fixer teams?

FataMorgana88 and Cryix like this.
  11. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Fixers are not everything. Sure, they heal you up instead of telling you to man up/get a bandage, but they lack firepower.

Same with speeders- people underestimate them for their 2 slots, but in the right hands they deal more damage than a shooter

12. Rokstrmahesh

Rokstrmahesh Active Member

Good to see many of users conserned about my ship *evil smile* :cool:

Cryix likes this.
  13. Rokstrmahesh

Mk6 fixer is powerful than you think, it's weapon slots are same as speeder.

xxxBISMARCKxxx and Cryix like this.
  14. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Ur ship is nothing to my glorious speeder. I stab you in back with one of the knives that happen to be in my picture.

BEWARE THE SPEEDER

15. Jamesnyc

Jamesnyc Active Member

Systems admin
    Well ive said this before and my head was bitten off

xxxBISMARCKxxx and Cryix like this.
  16. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

But we do have stats. The only ones posted (by @Miika ) showed a winrate almost exactly at 50%. Sure its some months old, but I cant really see what has changed that would drastically alter things.

So the not true is just ignorance refusing to believe facts.

[Personal attacks removed]

Last edited by a moderator: 10 May 2018
    Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  17. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

It's 53% in favour of a fixer team. Interesting.

What is important to keep in mind is, that that DOESN'T MEAN that every player has 53% win ratio if he has a fixer and enemies don't. Some people have lower some people have higher percentage. All together for all the players make 53%.

I'd say the biggest issue might be weapon choice and/or most importantly psychological effect. In ideal world, where both teams play the best they can:
    • Mortars are less effective against team with fixer. You need to focus more damage on a single target instead of splashing it around
    • Napalm is a really good tactical weapon, that can devide the fixer team making picking up enemies a lot easier
    • Most importantly, it comes down to psychology. Some people just can't put enough pressure on enemies team with fixer, or they are way too cautious to lose health and end up camping. Or some people just rush and get outnumbered and die. It's all in players head.
    I feel like I lose more against teams with fixers, because you're under lots of pressure and I tend to do silly mistakes, and as Enforcer not having self heal doesn't help it.

But I don't blame matchmaking system for my own faults. I know I could win those battles I lost.

PS: 0-1 fixer is bad for me usually. 1-2 fixer is where I excel. See? Still one fixer less, so the same situation, but having fixer boosts my self confidence in the battle.

18. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

It's been a long discussion here! I just wanted to say that matchmaking would be really boring if 1 v 0 Fixer battles were removed :p

19. Rokstrmahesh

And get your ass back to me for healing, while crying for help:D;)

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  20. Fin-

Fin- Active Member

How about in the all nightmaere players battle?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.