1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Fixer and stars..

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Gnarlymilk, 19 Jul 2017.

1. Helius Maximus

Helius Maximus Active Member

PM
    That is not accurate for a Defender. To get 3 stars you have to contribute with your team to take out the unfriends. In plenty opportunities I have dealed the lowest amount of damage and 0 kills and still got the 3 stars. The thing is that you need to go to the front or the flank and attract the unfriend's shoots while the team takes care of the killings. Most of the time you will be eliminated, but your sacrifice is rewarded with 2 or 3 stars if your team wins and 1 or 2 stars if your team lose.

Most of the time when I go for damage dealing, even if I do the most damage, I will get 1 or 2 stars at best.

So, if you want more than 1 star, you have to work with your team and defend it, as is expected for a Defender.

2. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

Your fixer has a 2 point red slot? Cause fire bombs take 2 slots in sure

Also, cannon for a fixer is a bad idea, best part about cannon is the big ass dps. Problem is, as a fixer, you'll need to switch between allies and enemies, fix them up and go back to shooting enemies.

This means that there will be a lot of seconds where the cannon would simply be idle despite not being in cd.

DPS is not the way to go when you are playing ships that have a lot of complicated aiming and shooting to do. (Enforcers and fixers)

I myself only own 2 standard cannons and rely on snipers on my mk4 shooter. You have exactly 1 red weapon, use it well.

The others are right, fixer is a support ship and not an offensive ship. Don't try to do more damage per second, get a flare gun, light up a ship, immediately hit a frost blaster and freeze it. Then spam "attack 'insert target nane here' ".

Your target is now burning and frozen. He's susceptible to all cannons, torps and mortars. Chances are high that your teammates got atleast 2 of those weapon types and your target moves really slow.

If your teammates listen to you. Target is sure to die in 20 seconds max. Not only does this setup help you win matches but also stars.

You'll be winning, supporting, fixing and controbuting dmg. You'll get rewards, stars and wins.

behumble likes this.
  3. CheekyDevilGod

I don't ever remember getting 3 stars as a defender after dying. Done that once as a shooter, but you are probably right.

Anyways, my point is, none of the ships get 3 stars by just doing dmg as the op said.

4. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

yep thats the plan, fixer mk4 allows a 2 slot weapon, dont u see a lot with torps?
    The problem again is that my speed is 1.05, and i would not survive without overboost. fixers only have one yellow slot.
    Sooooo if i can get my speed up its frost launcher and fire bomb...

5. CheekyDevilGod

DO NOT WASTE YOUR WEAPON SLOTS ON A TORP.

But if you can get 2 red slots, go for fire bomb.

Flare gun is hard to hit, fire bomb is super easy. Here's the important part, fire the launcher first, once they are frozen, then hit with the fire bomb.

Then spam attack on the weakest dude or the closest one. Focus on shooters, the other ships can wait.

Lose the overboost and get a decent turbo instead, more fixers get killed by overboosting in front than by staying behind the team and getting flanked

behumble likes this.
  6. behumble

Easier said then done, getting a good turbo. i bought a rare a week ago and still havent got another..

7. CheekyDevilGod

You talk as if we shit rares man. I have 5 rares waiting to be evolved without duplicates.

Level 30 uncommon is almost as good as a level 20 rare, if you can't get the right equipment then try to make do with what you have.

That's what I do.

8. behumble

I have lvl 30 uncomon and a perk but it only brings me up to 1.08 speed! definitely need some rares lol.
    im just saying i wont able to go without overboost until i get a good turbo which might be a longgggggggg while lol

9. CheekyDevilGod

Well, you could instead get a rare standard shield with hp perks, make up for the lack of speed with more hp. That'll give you the same survivability as a fixer with a turbo.

Or save up pearls and get an epic turbo, does wonders. Although you'd probably get another rare turbo by then.

Best idea would be to get the shield and stay together and behind the team though.

Anyways, good luck.

behumble likes this.
  10. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Even with a rare lvl 40 Turbo stuffed with epic perks I'm the slowest boat in most games - I have fun playing with Tesla Bolt, but if I'm aiming for rating then I got Overboost equipped. Mobiility is worth Its weight in gold. Hoping that mk5 Turbo + swift lvl 30 will enable other yellow items though.

Brizo would like to have a word with you regarding torpedo fixers :)
    Screenshot_20170721-213827.png

behumble likes this.
  11. behumble

wooohooo that legendary pulse <3
    Id agree kitterini torps do just fine, great really!
    some even play mines...

12. CheekyDevilGod

Torps are great, I agree, especially with frost. But firebombs are better if you wanna play support fixer