1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

DevReply Fix the targeting system

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by D3X, 20 Apr 2017.

1. KILGOR

KILGOR Member

This targeting IS the ABSOLUTE WORST I have seen in ANY GAME IN YEARS !!!!!!!!!!!

I have five targets closing in on me and even with the locking and the arrows to switch targets IT STILL CHOSE THE WRONG TAGET !!!!!!!! I had a lot of trouble selecting the target I wanted and got killed without firing a shot. THIS IS EXTEMELY INFURIATING AND ABSOLUTE BS !!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS THE WORST DESIGN I HAVE EVER SEEN !!!!!!!!!!! And I am restraining myself not to Rip this POS APART !!!!!!

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  2. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

Tapping on target doesn't seem to work for me at all. Were y'all punking us? o_O

3. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

I think its a huge problem, especially when im trying to heal someone far away with repair bolt and it snaps to the person closest, then i have to manual shot it and waste time.
    Also had that problem using cannon, some shots would just go in no mans land, its a problem for sure

4. Blood Raven

Blood Raven Well-Known Member

Software Developer
    I'll agree. Been facing lots of problems with targeting in between weapon switches which i do pretty fast. The target button locks but gets sticky while changing enemy and weapon sometimes. I have to wait for some seconds before the sticky lag disappeaers and the button can be toggled off or switched again.

USS_ironsides likes this.
  5. SAØS!N

SAØS!N Member

Artist
    I would say the most difficult issue with targeting is when aiming for that -500Health players thats just moved to the back of his/her team so you have to struggle through multiple names, failing to lock on to his, in which time your distracted.
    Mortars solve this issue to a degree but its hardly the answer

6. • Percy •

• Percy • Well-Known Member

9th grader
    If you double click then the turret and camera will get to the forward position. You can turn it off in the options. You might have unintentionally double clicked which led to this. Hope it helped

7. KILGOR

KILGOR Member

Percy...that doesn't help because the targeting system is buggy and terrible. I have turn off almost all options and I have had the turret rotate 180 degrees from back of the boat to front and from front to the back of the boat at different times. But that is just one of many issues with the targeting system but the one e are talking about here is the extreme difficulty and frustration in trying to select a particular target with multiple targets in range. This IS the WORST TARGETING SYSTEM EVER !!!!!!

• Percy • likes this.
  8. KILGOR

KILGOR Member

I just had an opponent apeeder right beside me and this SHITTY Targeting System targeted everything else except him.....WTF !!!!!!!!!! Who wrote this BS CODE?????? STOP ADDING OTHER FEATURES AND FIX THE CRAPPY TARGETING SYSTEM AND GAME MATCHING ALGORITHM !!!!! The longer you take to fix these things, players will find a better game to play and vacate this Crap.

9. KILGOR

KILGOR Member

I apologize for my last rant but there are serious issues with this game and I can't believe nothing has been done about it.

10. KILGOR

KILGOR Member

And it happened again............

Another speeder got behind me within a range of 5. I can see him plainly, with no obstacles and no other boats and when I tried to lock on the target it locked for a split second and then unlocked by i self. I tried to lock on again and the turret spun around. The speeder was at all times within the range of 5 and directly behind me. I only wish I could EXTERMINATE this targeting System !!!!!!!!! One of the absolute basic functions of this game is SOOOOOOO BUGGY !!!!!!

11. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Ikr its irritating, i misfired my mortar quite of lot times...

12. • Percy •

• Percy • Well-Known Member

9th grader
    I agree but I thought it would help. The targeting system is very bad but I've learnt to work around it

13. KILGOR

KILGOR Member

Here is another issue with targeting system.........

You have already locked on a target and then you press the arrow button to select another target (to the left or right) and the targeting can take 1-3 seconds to respond and sometimes it doesn't respond. Then you hit the arrow key again because you don't know whether it got the first time you pressed the arrow. Now it jumps two boats....... ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE Targeting.

Selecting a target by using the button or arrows should happen IMMEDIATELY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Because it already takes time for the turret to line up with the target!!!!!!!!

14. Miika

Miika Game Lead

You have something seriously wrong going on with your device. Switching the targets is immediate, always.

Rango8 likes this.
  15. KILGOR

KILGOR Member

I don't think so....... I don't have any problem playing many other games except this one. This one IS THE WORST !!!!!!!!

16. KILGOR

KILGOR Member

Another fk up by targeting system......

Only 1 defender is left on opponents side and he is 10 feet away from me. I can see 100% of his boat at all times. I have a lock on him and I am just waiting for my turret to line up. Then the targeting system unlocks by itself and starts to drift toward the direction the turret is facing. By the time I try to correct this situation, the defender kills me......... WWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. KILGOR

KILGOR Member

There is NOTHING about this targeting system that I like. To put it in proper context, I ABSOLUTELY HATE IT !!!!!!!!

18. KILGOR

KILGOR Member

It is Not One of the Worst Targeting Systems..........It IS THE WORST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. KILGOR

KILGOR Member

With the problems of the targeting system and the game match ups, I still can't believe No One has fixed these issues after all this time !!!!!!!!

20. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I don't have any problems with the targeting system. It targets ships for you so you don't have to aim, which is exactly what it's supposed to do. It's not a magic bullet that wins games for you though, nor should it be. If you want to strategically prioritise certain targets over what's right in front of you, then you need to learn how to lock them, and keep them locked.

I usually pick targets before the game begins, and lock them early. Sometimes, things might get chaotic and I'll lose my target lock. There is nothing wrong with that, being able to shake target locks is an integral part of the game. Though if I do lose a target: 90% of the time it's my own fault. You just need to keep your cool and try to recover quickly. Usually if I find my target bouncing, it's because I wasn't paying attention, and lost my target lock without realising. I find the easiest thing is just to hit lock again, which will at least stop it bouncing. Then I hit the little arrow to scroll back to the correct target.

You're never more than a few quick taps away from having the right target, but it can be difficult to make exactly the right moves under fire, while trying not to crash. If it all seems a bit intense at times, then it might be an idea to turn your music off. It's much easier to concentrate without the fast music psyching you up.

The only thing I agree could use improvement is the friend targeting with fixers. It would be nice if you could maintain a second simultaneous target lock for friends, so you don't have to keep requiring your targets every time you switch weapons.