1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

DevReply Fix the targeting system

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by D3X, 20 Apr 2017.

1. Winkleberry5

Winkleberry5 Active Member

I believe it is bug of some sort, because I myself have shut off the sticky targets assist but it still locking on to random targets. This has costed me a few games/kills which is annoying when someone is 1 shot but your crosshairs won't cooperate.

Last edited: 26 Jun 2017
  2. cgr3asy

cgr3asy Member

well im at 1600 infamy with under 2k games, i guess your da man now;)

3. KILGOR

KILGOR Member

Another bug is the locking mechanism........I lock on a target and the are in front of me with no obstacles except a wave and the targeting unlocks and chooses another target.........So infuriating. At the beginning of the game our radars can detect and track the opposing squad's ships at the greatest distances and through several of the largest obstacles on the map. And when you are up close, the target system loosing tracking of a ship at very close distance with a small wave in between. My question is, Who designed this crap????

4. TheRedSpeeder

TheRedSpeeder Well-Known Member

Well.. technicly it's not radar which spots own ships. You can think it's like radio and your teammates automaticly tell you their coordinates etc so you can follow them on map.

Yet your enemy ship locations are based on when you see them so if too long unspoted, it disappears from your map because you dont know where it is excatly, you know. Therefore "small" wave can cause them disappearing if no one from your team sees her.

(Just to make it clear, I'm only a fellow player and this is my opinion. I have nothing to do woth the development of this).

But anyway.. I do agree that there is a bug when you are locked to target further away and a ship pops up right next to you, it doesn't change the target no way nearly in time.

cgr3asy likes this.
  5. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Rovio, just to end this thread on a positive note.
    The new addition of the LOCK Target and Switcher has been a very welcomed addition. Thank you for listening! This has solve most of the issues here on the thread, and everything else is a wish list that hopefully you can get around to.

TheRedSpeeder likes this.
  6. RAJOAN REDOY

RAJOAN REDOY Active Member

Yap it really need some Improvements

7. ThatOnion

ThatOnion Well-Known Member

Gamer
    Remember to turn off "sticky targets" in the options. It really helps

8. KILGOR

KILGOR Member

Targeting is still buggy !!!!!!

I was just in a battle where we had 3 boats to their one. I was the closest player to our opponent chasing him as he tried to escape. There were moderate waves and I had a lock on him. I could see him at all times or at the very least most of him. Then as I was about to shoot, the targeting unlocks while I can still visibly see him and spins 180 degrees around. WHY ?????????? The front of my boat is chasing him and there are No other targets on the map and it spins 180 degrees!!!!!!!!!!

9. Miika

Miika Game Lead

We haven't ever seen anything like that to happen, personally or in player videos. If anyone would able to catch that happening on video it would be really helpful because otherwise we are quite helpless to do anything about this.

10. KILGOR

KILGOR Member

Just happened again........this time I was being chased by 2 opponents and I had my turret face backwards and it jumped 180 degrees facing forward. This is by design, this is programmed into the game and will frustrate the hell out of players.

11. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Yes, it's intentionally programmed there just to frustrate you! No seriously, I just said we haven't ever seen anything like that to happen, so it's difficult to know what could be wrong. We would need to first see that happening.

12. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

To Kilgor's credit. I've seen this happen to myself as well. When you back into an obstacle or a wall, it could trigger the camera to reset, which obviously would interfere with your targeting.

13. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

@KILGOR are you aware of double tap to reset camera (that also unlocks target)

14. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Ah, that's true. Try to disable double tap from the settings and see if you are accidentally double tapping the screen in tough situations.

15. disorder

disorder Active Member

the auto zoom at short range is the most horrible things for me

16. TheRedSpeeder

TheRedSpeeder Well-Known Member

I've also experienced this 180 degree camera rotation but it happens only when I hit that targeting arrow. Is it possible that the game thinks taping the arrow multiple times as double tap for camera reset? If so could there be anyway to turn it down so it won't reset the camera if you double tap the arrow (even if you double tap right next to the arrow so like removing a bit of that target button area sensitivity for camera reset)?

17. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

I've had this a few times too. It doesn't seem to be caused by anything specific that I do.
    At first I thought it might be the double tap camera reset, even though I have it turned off, but it seems to swing the camera behind my ship. The camera reset would point it over the bow wouldn't it?

18. KILGOR

KILGOR Member

Double tap is disabled.......

• I personally don't see a need for camera reset. The player should move the turret as they see fit.

Attached Files:

19. KILGOR

KILGOR Member

And another bug..........in the heat of battle I drive into a wall because I am shooting to the left in my shooter. I put my throttle in reverse to backup. I am not moving......I think it is a big wave and the boat is moving slowly, but several seconds past and I know something is wrong. I look at the throttle and it has reset itself back to neutral while my thumb is still on the lower part of the throttle circle. I have never seen so many bugs with major components of a game that should be working without issue.

20. KILGOR

KILGOR Member

If the Devs area say this is not a programming issue, then it is definitely a poorly designed interface. I for one do Not like the targeting system at all. It is terrible.