1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Fix matchmaking!!!

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Potchi, 11 Mar 2018.

?

Do you think current matchmaking is fair?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Sometimes

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. RapidTurtle

RapidTurtle New Member

@Zeus @Miika Do you even care for noobs like us fighting a mk5 ship at low levels how will you encourage us to play if you developers are only focus on high infamy and not new players. Fix matchmaking dont match us with strong opponents. Let us enjoy battle bay, its like we are just spectators and just hoping that our mk5 will win against their mk5 its not fun at all!!:mad:

Last edited: 23 Mar 2018
  2. RapidTurtle

RapidTurtle New Member

Even though the match is fair because both team has mk5, how we will enjoy the game as a mk1 against a super strong opponent, do you think we will have fun just evading and doing little damage. Fair matchmaking means match us with players with our level, not by just balancing the team with mk5 mix with mk1 thats just balancing but thats not fair matchmaking for noobs like us. @Zeus

PastelPiku likes this.
  3. RapidTurtle

RapidTurtle New Member

Of course they will just ignore us, its been a long time since matchmaking is not fair, developers just dont even care. The game is good but the matchmaking and developers who doesnt even listen to noobs are ruining the game. They dont even considering fix the matchmaking because developers are only worried with old players! How we will enjoy this game as a noob, been playing 1,000 games already but not enjoying with mk5-mk6 on the other team what do you expect us to do just get killed and pray for our mk5-6 to win. Then you just gonna ban me here because im stating the truth.

4. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    The thing about matchmaking is that it really isn't that messed up, we just have overpowered players losing on purpose to stay at low infamy. We don't need to fix matchmaking, we either need to remove whatever is making everyone wanna hug low infamy or we need to add something to encourage strong players to get to higher infamies. From what I've gathered on the forums, there seems to be a very strong incentive to stay at much lower infamies than what you're capable of.

5. RapidTurtle

RapidTurtle New Member

No they have to fix consider infamy and level to avoid those infamy tankers, noobs are suffering, for example a player with a level of 30 with an infamy of 300 should be qued to players who are level 25-30 with infamy same as his by doing this newbie wont able to see them in match. Try playing as a newbie see what it feels like playing and getting one to two shot by this plauer, we are suppose to enjoy the game, not waste time to spectate strong players fight each other and hpoing our team will win

6. PastelPiku

Security
    The system works fine, the problem is the infamy tankers. There's absolutely no reason tanking should even be allowed in the first place. A mk6 with t5 epics should be able to sweep a team of 1000 infamy players without a doubt. This was not an issue when I first started playing, the obvious reason people are tanking is because guild quests yield better rewards than playing at high infamy and battles are much, much easier to win at low infamy. I don't think it's coincidence. There was no guild quests or infamy tankers when I was a noob.

7. RapidTurtle

RapidTurtle New Member

Lets put it this way. Are noobs enjoying right now? No. Is it right to match us with higher level players and infamy? No. Does noob enjoy battle bay at its full potential. No. So it means the matchmaking has flaws and needs to be fix. Its not fixed because dishonest players can take advantage of the game. If your saying the matchmaking system is fine, then there should be no flaws that this dishohonest player can get advantage of but there is. So it just means that the matchmaking system svcks right now. Get the logic and youll understand what im trying to say. Do you expect a noob to play for a long time if this keeps going? No. So definitely theres a problem. @KilledWhale

Last edited: 23 Mar 2018
    NietonoPanda likes this.
  8. PastelPiku

Security
    I'm saying the dishonest players are the problem and the game letting it be possible for them to do what they are doing is the problem. The matchmaking itself cannot be fixed, we have to fix the problem from the root. These high level players cannot possibly be so bad that they are struggling against players they can literally sink in 1 shot.

PallabKumarS likes this.
  9. RapidTurtle

RapidTurtle New Member

Still fix it because dishonest ayers are taking advantage of the current matchmaking. Other games have better matchmaking than battle bay. If the matchmaking has flaws that a player can take advantage off that means its not fixed. We can do nothing about those players because they found an easy way to be strong because of the flaws of matchmaking, so yeah matchmaking svcks. As a new player in battle bay i cant enjoy right now unless i got strong and beat the crap of those infamy tankers. Plus I understand what you are trying to say but still matchmaking has its holes, so they need to fix it

PastelPiku likes this.
  10. Ser Tomaz

Ser Tomaz Active Member

Any one notice that matchmaking get even worse when u r in fleet?

PallabKumarS and RapidTurtle like this.
  11. RapidTurtle

RapidTurtle New Member

@Zeus @Miika lots of player complaining about matchmaking there must be something wrong hihi. Oops you guys dont even bother care to fix it lol

NietonoPanda likes this.
  12. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

This is exactly right. High rewards for lower infamy is counter to a progressive system, which is supposed to be what Battle Bay is all about. I've proposed several obvious solutions to this from fixing the rewards system to applying simple moving average to infamy to keeping infamy at highest to leveling all boats at once. All relatively easy fixes.

PastelPiku likes this.
  13. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Fine, what EXACTLY is wrong with matchmaking? And what kind of a fix you would like to see? Because yelling ”fix this” won’t help. And devs won’t respond to you no matter how many times you tag them.

14. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

This is the part that those who aren't having to deal with this always forget about. Sure sure, it's possible to "play" in those matches. But it isn't fun or rewarding. Let's hope Rovio gets the infamy ladder sorted so that we stop seeing 300 infamy level 39 captains. In the mean time, I liked the combat engine in this game a lot. If you do too then stick with it. Things get better when you're in a M4 at 1500 infamy or above.

PastelPiku and NietonoPanda like this.
  15. NietonoPanda

NietonoPanda Member

Its more like of a balancing the team rather than matching the right opponent for us newbie. We have to spend 3 months my estimate to get good equips(if lucky) fighting high level opponents. Getting one shot isn't fun and playing hide and seek.

PastelPiku likes this.
  16. NietonoPanda

NietonoPanda Member

You will know somethings wrong if most of newbies not enjoying the game we keep getting one shot most of the time.

PastelPiku likes this.
  17. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

3 months is about how long it took me and I did a lot of grinding. For me, I happened to like the artwork and combat engine of the game enough that I found it fun so long as I took the whole infamy/matchmaking problem into my own hands. Now that I'm finding more even matches the game is a ton of fun so there's that. But this is not the new customer experience I'd want if it were my business.

Here's another thing I did which helped me. When you are that outgunned the only survival strategy is to not get hit. That leads to the notion of speed. On my shooter I ran dual turbos for quite some time and I learned how to drive to avoid most shots. I probably should've swapped to a speeder/enfo sooner though. The maneuverability of yellow boats allows you to substitute skill for gear much more effectively. Heck, all the way up to 2k infamy I ran in a speeder that was guaranteed one-shot by a mine or big torp and it would only take 3 non-crit shots from regular weapons to kill me. So you might experiment with speed, either in the form of more turbos or using a speeder.

PastelPiku and NietonoPanda like this.
  18. NietonoPanda

NietonoPanda Member

Although I already climbed 1k infamy and im only new to battle bay 1 week ago. Yeah you can say we can win because a player is skillful, but you cant fully enjoy battle bay to its full potential if your just an extra ship just to balance the team. All games I played realtime pvp if your a newbie you should always fight a newbie too.

PastelPiku likes this.
  19. kusura bakmayin

kusura bakmayin Member

I started in December I crossed 1k in two weeks, 2k in two months, and 3k in two weeks. The progression in this game is weird. I was a Mk2 boat at 1600 infamy and the other boats could almost always 2-hit kill me. I relied on LRM and Sniper Cannon to stay alive, but I was a guppy in a shark tank. The bulk of the players in the game are seal clubbers. Once I got past the bell curve of seal clubbers between 1k-2k, the game became a lot more enjoyable.

However, there are a lot of very stupid players who just aren't good. People don't experiment with gear much, particularly blue items. Lots of Shooter-only setups, and Shooter is the hardest and most unpredictable boat to gain infamy with. The biggest issue I see, though, is players wanting to Rambo the enemy team. It's unforgivably stupid. I see it less after 3k, but Shooters and Defenders try to solo the main body and die, and the team is handicapped. If you do this, stop doing it. Your infamy will improve. As a high-level Fixer, I can undo a lot of damage, but I can't heal recklessness. When I chase friendlies into the fray, one of two things happens: my healing is lower than 3-4 unfriendlies' damage, friendly dies, and I die. Or I 3-4 unfriendlies target me, kill me or chase me off, and then kill the reckless friendly. Now I usually just let rushers die. I respond to their "Help!" macros with the same "Together!" macro I spam at the beginning of every match.

If your ship gets smoked when you rush into combat, stop rushing. Above 3k, most Shooters are very careful and opportunistic. At infamy levels over 500, rushing into combat is a recipe for getting destroyed quickly.

PastelPiku likes this.
  20. Capitan Defender

Capitan Defender Well-Known Member

defender's heaven fields
    If i was u(and on my noob acount,i am sort of ur possition)PRAY 2 LOOSE!coz smurfs just dont stop(or if u wanna be helful ljust roll double heal bolt on fixer and voala)ik js difficuld...but the devs aint fixing matchmaking soon(well les hope they do)