1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Fix Guild matchmaking (latest update broke it)

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by GigaBeard, 15 Feb 2018.

1. GigaBeard

GigaBeard Member

New guild match-making is a mess! Please fix!!
    It's way more unfair now than it ever was.
    Guild activity is just one metric to use for getting good competition in guild wars, but it can't be the main one. I would rate avg infamy of the guild much higher.

What about factoring in player's: weapons, MK levels, etc? Past guild war place - ie: did the guild finish: 1st place, 2nd place, etc?

There has to be a better way to get fair matchups. It's no fun to hopelessly loose, and even winning without effort will get boring after a while.

2. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

I wouldn't because down at my infamy level "infamy" means nothing. If it went off infamy we would continue with this business of M6 boats at 200 infamy. As things sit right now basing anything off of infamy is a disaster (hence the matchmaking fun).

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  3. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

I actually asked for clarification on what the algorithm was for selecting guilds in Rivalries.
    Our global rank is 1774, yet we are matched with guild ranks like 297, 323, 325, 411.
    They are powering through boards at 2 or 3 times the speed of our guild, even with us playing hard.
    So we have gone from always coming 1st or 2nd, to coming dead last!
    Maybe we just had an unlucky start, fingers crossed next rivalry is more "fair".

4. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    My guild completed 35 quests last rivalry. Usually we got like 1 other guild that had done over 30. Now they have done 36, 36, 36, 34 and 27 quests. While this is not an easy win, it’s definitely more challenging. And especially at higher levels, the rivalry matchmaking was terrible and my earlier guild had enemies that done 50-60 frequently and we did maybe 45 So it’s better this way.

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  5. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

I'm hoping that. The new system relies on quest wins but it'll need a little sorting and sifting to get every guild their proper place. My guild is also facing an "over-achiever" guild. I expect next week they'll be in a higher tier.