1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Firebomb in high levels

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by nosesabe, 22 May 2018.

1. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Napalm

HAPPY SITHSHA and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  2. Lardfinnish

Lardfinnish New Member

The difference is that FB is damage over time not Direct Damage.

Hokuse likes this.
  3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Also, have you guys seen what Berta chained with frost in a speeder can do? Makes blast cannons look like firecrackers

4. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

Not the same case when you break the frost, and it happens 95% of the time:p

The Otherguy likes this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

How many frosts *can* one break?

Look, I've always had this feeling that RNGesus is going to give me a mortar as my first legendary. If he does, he'll curse his randomness lol. IMG_20180523_072607.jpg
    Yes, those are what you think they are;)

6. Mad_Bulls_007

Well, I don't remember how many of those perks I scrapped, and also I scrapped a t4 lvl40 epic long range mortar. Mortars becomes useless once u reach nightmare. That's just my thoughts.
    20180523_073642.gif

7. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Firebomb is op at higher levels and berta is unplayable. My 1700+ legendary Berta barely lands for 300. Flight delay is so stupid for that weapon even defenders can avoid it.

8. TheAntiSnipe

Imo berta needs trainings in the endgame tree to dramatically decrease flight time.

9. TheAntiSnipe

I'll try my luck, thank you very much. Because I'm not planning to build one, I'm just gonna be prepared if I do get one as a legendary

10. Mad_Bulls_007

What I am trying to say is, Fire bomb is the only mortar that is used widely in the end game and it doesn't need a Nerf . All it needs is a little adjustment that it doesn't hit u for 18sec on the edge. Then everything will be fine. ;)

wreck your day and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  11. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Frost needs help. I loaded up my near-useless Legendary Standard Mortar with frost perks, but I rarely get a frost hit because it fades so quick, and the mortar has such a short range. Frost should at least have a longer duration to allow frost perks to be useful. The way Fire Bomb works is a better example of how Frost should work.

12. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

Yeah,Napalm too.:):):)

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  13. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I think weapons like Blast, BT, and FB are in about the right place: they’re useful, worthwhile etc... If they are being overused then I’d rather see other gear get buffed a bit so that it’s also ‘useful’.

The only weapons that I think need a nerf are Sniper and possibly Flare. While those exist in their current form, there is really no point nerfing stuff like FB out of the meta.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  14. TheAntiSnipe

Why flare? It needs a lot of training to get up to it's OP level... Nerfing it will really cause it to die in mid- and early- game

15. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I just think it’s a bit too good for a weapon that also brings a status effect. I meet a lot of players running Flare Blast/EC combos, which are devastating if they land. But even if they miss the Cannon hit, the Flare alone can do well over a thousand damage, and it has pretty good range and projectile speed.

I’m currently NOT in favour of nerfing Flare, simply because that would constitute another nerf to Speeders and Defenders, which definitely isn’t needed. But having underpowered ships proped up by a single OP weapon combo is not exactly ideal either.

If everything else in the game were well balanced (if if if), then I think Flare could possibly do with toning down.

wreck your day likes this.
  16. TheAntiSnipe

Flare blocks heals and does the sort of damage that is common in all oneslot weapons. It is, however, hindered by the very nature of its damage. I think that's enough of a nerf to it.

Besides the damage, I don't see another way of nerfing it. Unless you somehow turn it into a yellow doing zero damage and blocking heals, as well as allowing it to be chained with bi/triblasts and used only on speeder and defender.

Which is a bad idea as well xD

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  17. SomeRandomMortarUser

SomeRandomMortarUser Member

I think the conflicts of FB talents with shield HP makes it up :)

Fluid Bait likes this.
  18. TwoHeadedFreak

TwoHeadedFreak Member

Yes, the fire bomb is op. I'm a nightmare mk6 fixer and i can sometimes out damage my whole team with just my fire bomb. Granted, my team sucks when this happens, but still...

The only nerf the flare needs is for the heal reduction to not stack, then i wouldn't have a problem with it.

19. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

Flare heal reduction no longer stacks, it was fixed in previous update

Ash KOT likes this.
  20. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

Should they make mortar projectile speed perks for making mortars more useful at the endgame where ships are too fast for mortars?

ShipCrusherCz likes this.