1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Firebomb in high levels

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by nosesabe, 22 May 2018.

1. nosesabe

nosesabe Well-Known Member

I made a post similar to this some time ago but I can’t find it anywhere, and I haven’t been able to find similar posts, so I’ll just open the topic in this one.

I’m not a firebomb user and therefore I don’t know how effective is the firebomb in low levels, but it’s quite clear to me that in high levels is very effective, and in my opinion too effective.

Apart from the bug that has and the dynamics of the radius-time of the firebomb (which makes it a one of a kind weapon) I feel like when they developed this weapon they tried to make it similar to the Big Berta but with a few changes.

If we compare the characteristics of both we can clearly see it:

C2BECB48-5E20-4B35-A02D-DD18BEA84904.jpeg CFF832D8-22A7-4972-A234-58FE4E70AB7C.jpeg

Same cooldown and very similar range, total damage and projectile speed. The most significant difference between the two is it’s radius.

This is with out any research done. With research it changes a lot. While when researching the big Berta we can only add more damage (just bb research, not all mortar research), when researching the Fire Bomb we can increase the damage by 20%, the duration by up to 5 seconds more and reduce the cooldown time by 20%.

The bb achieves its function, a lot of damage in very little time if you have the necessary skill to land the shot, but the firebomb can produce almost the same damage or even more with out the skill factor due to it has a much bigger radius. That, with out taking in account that bigger radius also means more probabilities of hitting +1 boats with one shot.

Because of this reasons I think the fire bomb is overpowered.

In my opinion, in order to balance it the radius should be made similar to the one of the bb (3.2) and not 3.6 as its now.

What do you guys think?

P.S: Does someone know how much total damage does a T5 epic bb with all epic damage perks and a T5 epic fire bomb with all extra time epic perks?

2. Lardfinnish

Lardfinnish New Member

Although the radius might be slightly larger, the FB is not as useful as one would think at higher levels. It takes some skill to land even close to a full duration hit because of Its slow arc and the speed of most boats at end game. It's mostly useful as a crowd control and crowd damage around a fixer.
    That does not mean it's useless. The biggest problem you may find! Is it's popularity, especially if you play a defender or fixer.

Attached Files:

TheAntiSnipe and StrictSalmon307 like this.
  3. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

Somewhat unrelated, but since this is a thread about firebomb...
    When I'm playing speeder or enforcer and hiding behind a wall, sometimes a firebomb will come my way. I specifically move myself just OUTSIDE the red radius way before the shot lands, yet I still take a 1 to 2 second damage from the firebomb. Also, sometimes my boat will be halfway inside the blast line and halfway outside, yet I still take a 10 to 14 second damage. I've gone back in the replays to see if it was game lag, but no, the replay shows me in the same position. Has anyone ever said what part of the boat(such as the bow or the stern) does the game use to determine your distance from the center of the mortar shot? Would just like to know, because sometimes I seem to get more time damage when I feel I'm further from the center, then when my boat is closer to center.

4. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    Firebomb just works that way:D

Fluid Bait likes this.
  5. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

But big berta is the slowest mortar and have a smaller radius and range than Fire bomb

FirnenAhead likes this.
  6. Da Carronade King

Seducer
    Humans are one of the slowest, very small radius and range. Did that stop us from becoming the dominant species on the planet?

7. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Actually, we humans are pretty fast. If you were to make every animal the same size ( step length can be affected by size. Elephants aren't fast. If you shrunk one down, you might as well replace the tortoise with a miniature elephant.) humans would actually be among the faster half.

Why did I say ' we humans'? I'm not human. Shoulda said ' you humans'

8. Da Carronade King

Seducer
    A elephant running is really fast. Ask an elephant.

Fluid Bait and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  9. craz¥burd

craz¥burd Well-Known Member

I’d rather have defence and hp than firebomb....pity it conflicts on same training tree...something I still don’t understand..

Why do we have to choose between items!?! I can never use sniper and bc...because I have to choose boost on bhurt....MEH o_O

10. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

it annoys me because I can't use full potentional of repair bolt and duct tape at the same moment:(

craz¥burd likes this.
  11. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Actually this is inaccurate. We are reeeeeally slow! Usain bolt is way slower than this beautiful thing:
    vetstreet.brightspotcdn.com.jpg

Fluid Bait and craz¥burd like this.
  12. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

No matter what weapon you are using, the shot has a tendency to go further than the predictive circle on the ground or the maximum distance for your cannon, this is due to the waves dipping at the landing zone or even your height on the wave when you fire...
    as to the OP don’t forget about splah damage training, you mentioned the all mortar training as well... most importantly don’t forget that mortars can be used with frost, so obviously it can’t be massively better than FB before even factoring in frost effect.
    Firebomb is indeed annoying for defenders and really anyone for that matter, but that is just because it is truly a reliable weapon(at the cost of hp in training)

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  13. nosesabe

No one uses mortars with ice... The only boat you can use it with is enforcer and is way better to have an enforcer with blast cannons than with mortars.

It annoys me a lot also, that while playing with shooter it’s really really hard to avoid it. Normally if you try to, you get hit by it while being in the edge of the circle and still take up to 300 or 400 easily. That’s WAY TOO op.

I don’t play defender or fixer, but the damage at T5 it’s way worse than I imagined. 94x26=2444 of total damage if you get hit completely by it? WTF. How much does a epic big Berta at T5!??

The Otherguy and Fluid Bait like this.
  14. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

Yep.Fire bomb is a massive weapon to be used at higher levels but it needs some skills to land the shot accurately in centre.Big Berta needs some skills though,isn't it?:):););)

15. Rainbow Warrior

I'm okay with fire bomb damage, the problem is the landing prediction that make us to think we are out of its radius and then 18s of duration :eek::eek::eek:

16. nosesabe

That’s exactly what I’m talking about. It’s really difficult to play the bb but in comparison quite easy to use the fire bomb. Obviously both are complicated, but the fire bomb is way less, and prove of that is the amount of times that I get hit by a fire bomb vs a bb.

I even have the feeling that it may be easier to play with the fire bomb than with the standard mortar.

HAPPY SITHSHA likes this.
  17. HAPPY SITHSHA

Yep.:):):)

18. nosesabe

Thats just one more thing to why I believe it’s overpowered in comparison with other weapons.

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  19. HAPPY SITHSHA

Let's imagine that your whole team got hit by a Fire Bomb.It would be....
    unnamed (3).gif
    ............SO HOT:p:p:D:D

20. Rainbow Warrior

It happens with the other mortars, missile and grenades. But are more evident with fire bombs and ballparks because of their giant radius :D