1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Fire nerf

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by HARPO!, 11 Jul 2018.

1. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

Y'know what, that ain't a bad idea at all. Does anyone actually use the existing added defence perks? I'd love to see the stats, if available?? (Although probably not, we swap and change perks all the time until we reach our favourite setup)
    These new perks could be added in as event perks - can't see why not, although I'm not a coder

SlayerofSergeants likes this.
  2. Spinners71

Spinners71 Well-Known Member

Legendary "Fireproof" Shield Perk: +9 Defense / +11 Fire Defense (reduces 11 from each tic)
    Epic "Fireproof" Shield Perk: +9 Defense / +9 Fire Defense (reduces 9 from each tic)
    Rare "Fireproof" Shield Perk: +7 Defense / +7 Fire Defense (reduces 7 from each tic)
    Uncommon "Fireproof" Shield Perk: +5 Defense / +5 Fire Defense (reduces 5 from each tic)
    As a unique event perk, you can only equip 1 per shield.

Eventually, some Defenders could accumulate 4 of these (1 per shield), which would add up to a lot of Fire Resistance, but they'd also be sacrificing a lot of HP for it... it's probably worth it, but it'd also be a LOT of grinding...

3. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

That would be op. If it's fire defense, it has to be percentage based. Otherwise, they can just completely block out fire.

4. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

I have one or two defense perks on my shields. I'd rather have epic hp perks.

Defense perks aren't really viable. The epic perk provides +9 defense, and defenders max out at 100 defense. You'd give up 5 hp perks to max out defense, or 750 hp in perks BEFORE shield hp bonuses are applied. I'd like to see stats about how much hp a 150 hp perk actually grants once bonuses are applied.

The max defense of -100 is applied to the weapons BASE damage and weapon and perk bonuses are then applied to the -100 so you wind up with maybe -150 to -200 per shot hp savings. When applied to heavy hitting big torps, crit sniper, blast cannon, explosive cannon shots, or mines, the hp saved is negligible. On top of that, defense is not applicable to fire damage.

Aether_Zero likes this.
  5. Aether_Zero

Fair enough haha, you know more about the mechanics of it than I do :)

6. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

MAke it go to rudders and gearlube, then people will use them

Shadow Moon! and Spinners71 like this.
  7. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

Barely :). This could probably be simplified.

Are 9 defense points better than 150 hp from epic perks once bonuses are accounted for?

At the flat comparison, you'd need to survive 17 shots at 9 hp savings to be better than the 150 hp perk. Certainly not going to be worthwhile to anybody other than defender. And as a 13.5k hp defender taking 2k+ hits on the regular, the defense perks are certainly not worthwhile to me.

Aether_Zero likes this.
  8. Aether_Zero

Yeah, that's kind of a no brainer really when you put it like that...
    Maybe the current defense perks could be tweaked then - say epic 15 defense against fire or stun? Would keep the options open a little I think

9. Wymtime

Wymtime Active Member

I agree that there is a difference I just think this is a simpler solution to fire damage than creating a perk and creating new complex code.

10. SeaNavy

And this is why I suggested this:

11. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

You know, that's kinda logical since rudders are managed by Burnice, the same crew member who manages flare

12. SeaNavy

But isn't gearlube flammable?

13. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Not talking about lube

14. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    I did, I even made a thread. But NO ONE SEES THEM LIKE THIS ONE!!!! :(:(:(

15. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

Fire retardant gearlube and water siphoning rudder

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  16. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

loool

R4Z0R likes this.
  17. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

This stat holds true only because current meta favors enforcers and opposite teams too have enforcers, so using sniper is actually a disadvantage. Look some previous snapshots you will notice sniper has never lost its position regardless of any buffs or nerfs its been constantly second choice weapon for almost every ship same isn't true about blast it wasn't even in picture before enforcer meta it was all explosive sniper abundance.

BasedCarpen likes this.