1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[Feedback & suggestions] - Guilds

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by *Rubber Duck*, 30 Sep 2017.

1. Biffter

Biffter Active Member

R.I.P Battle Bay..
    Everyone has realised you can get more/better rewards from guild quests in a few days..than you can from Season League in 2 weeks.
    Therefore the big rush is on for players intentionally dropping infamy..so they can complete Guild Quests easier.
    I've seen MANY players using MK2 ..when they have MK5..also the amount of players doing 0 or VERY little damage seems to be more common.
    Players below 1000 are going to start seeing a lot more MK5.. therefore more new players are going to quit.
    People are only going to be interested in winning IF they have got the kills (with whatever weapon)..if they didn't they drop a little further making the kills needed easier.

Yeah..guild quests are a good addition as it has made Guilds have a purpose and to be more interactive..but personally.. I don't think the negative side has been considered.
    Winning and gaining infamy used to be the aim..now it seems that getting Guild Quests done (however you can) is more important.

2. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

Well the negative part I see is that the quests are not guild specific. At least to the extent that players can complete them without using the forum or global chat as advertising medium.

It will no doubt encourage players to use different weapons/ships but for me it will be a nightmare to complete a quest with let's say, a mortar or missile launcher. I run with speeder and don't use mortars (BasedCarpen does have mortars on a speeder and I hope he has cannons too:p). I would have used mortars but I don't have any as I never needed them before so I scrapped everything for my weapon upgrades. Now that I need them getting that particular weapon is a challenge due to RNG.

Most of the players in my guild use long range mortars and only a couple use missile launchers. But no ballpark mortars. So we are stuck upgrading/waiting for the weapons that we need only once. And it cuts into the already required upgrades that our main weapons need. Plus we need an enforcer to complete one quest which nobody is using in our guild. I have a mk3 enforcer but it's not enough to compete at current level.

Eventually there will be more posts in the forum for players getting into battle with under powered boats or losing on purpose which might cost someone their quest. I really don't know if I should care about this quest thing. I really want to go solo and just keep moving with what I have. At first I thought it was an opportunity to collect epic and legendary weapons but now that has changed. I'm the top contributor in my guild and am optimistically waiting for the rest of the guild members to finish quests I can't.:(

3. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

After the introduction of the guild wars, Battle Bay has become a job now instead of enjoying the game. Everyone is busy with the quest completion and nobody is bothering about the infamy.. It's just sad...:(

_devill likes this.
  4. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

this explanes why I saw a mk 5 at 579 infamy today...

TheFixer27 and _devill like this.
  5. Killerduck

Killerduck Member

It's easy if you run a setup with three or four mortars, and aim them good

6. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

I know. I had torps and a blast cannon and almost killed him, but someone from the other team sniped me.

7. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

eh, it's not that bad. They've essentially given us what we wanted and now we don't like it.
    The quests are forcing us to be diverse, and at the same time forcing us to use new weapons. Which will just happen to need upgrading, and drive the sale of more pearls! ;)
    The chat is a mess with people leaving, looking, and guild recruiting. I actually think that's hilarious, but I'm weird. I've recruited a few great players out of the mayhem.
    I did see a level 32 captain in a mk2 enforcer, no doubt working on a quest, but he was actually rocking that thing.

All my raving amounts to one thing. They got people interested and playing again.

One other thing, The guild quest rewards so far kinda suck actually. :confused:

zhinji and behumble like this.
  8. _devill

I guess you missed it but I did mention in the post that I run with speeder. Only 2 red slots. And I don't have any mortars to shoot. Scrapped them ages ago.:p
    And please don't use this setup of multiple mortars. Players with such setups are usually known as mortar spammers on forum. It's a useless setup for 1v1 or when the unfriends are close. Also it's pretty selfish to stay behind and let you team take the damage. Try using a combination of cannons, mortars and torps and figure out what weapons you like best. Good luck.:)

9. _devill

I'm not saying it's bad per se. It's a great improvement and I support and welcome the change. Being diverse has its merits and we also need to consider the demerits that come with it. I have been playing speeder for a long time and right now at captain level 30 have only mk3 shooter and enforcer. I focused on speeder and right now it's the best boat I have (mk5). If I go into battle my chances of winning are pretty slim with a mk3 as i usually play against mk5 or above. The poor mk3 shooter or enforcer won't even survive first minute. And it's not a good thing to take weak boats to the battles when you have a better one. It messes up the winning chances of your team. Also, since I'm using only speeder I have carefully chosen the weapons I feel at best with on a speeder.
    Let's assume I equip my standard and explosive cannons on shooter and maybe some low level weapon I find in the mean time, what will be the outcome? I have mere 1500hp on that shooter and my captain tree supports speeders not shooters. I'll be one shot at 2000 infamy. So not a good idea.
    For now all I can do is focus on getting other ships up to par with speeder and start collecting weapons to suit the boats from scratch. And yes you are right it is going to take forever unless you are willing to spend hundreds of dollars on pearls.

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  10. Biffter

Biffter Active Member

My post wasn't meant to come across as all negative..I think the Devs have done a great job.
    Most..if not all wanted Guilds to have a purpose..which it now has. Guilds are being more active..more chat/fleets etc.
    We also have a reason to use other boats/equipment IF we upgrade them..which a lot of people wanted.
    Yes..this may get more people buying pearls..which again is a good thing for the Devs AND everyone who plays this.
    I guess my main point really is..I could see what would happen as soon as I saw Guild Quests(players intentionally dropping to get quests done easier/using weaker weapons)..maybe something will get tweaked so people will not drop on purpose.
    But for now..it is happening and will continue to do so..maybe there will be more reports of suiciders/using MK2 when they have MK5. Will these players be banned?..I doubt it..which is a contradiction to what the Devs say about "playing to win"

As you know there's many threads about matchmaking..also it's seen a LOT in chat. My guess is there's going to be a whole lot more..unless the new players just decide to quit..unfortunately. Personally I wouldn't want to start over again.

It was also blatantly obvious that once Guilds became more relevant..global chat was going to be FULL of Guild requests:D

Anyways..great job Devs..but did you see what is happening now coming? Maybe you'll have some data in a month or 2.

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  11. BEN

BEN Active Member

Yeah exactly.. my bad for not wording it better.

I do agree that the 2 quests would be better than trying to kill with napalm, but those are also item specific quests. We already have item specific quests that we can solo in the weekly quest thingy. Atleast there you actually have the items needed to do so. I would rather that they add those quests for the weekly solo thing.

12. BEN

BEN Active Member

That last paragraph. On one side it is a great honor that only you can complete this task for your guildmates, but on the other hand it also makes you feel alone by being the only one to do it just because you have that item. If its an extremely hard quest it becomes a burden you have to do so alone. Taking out all these item specific quests would eliminate that scenario. I dont want to have to do that everyday and neither should any of my guildmates. If its gonna be a "Guild" quest then lets all do it together as a guild preferably in fleets of two since currently fleets of 5 arent possible.. yet.

PepeButtCrack and Babablacksheep like this.
  13. BEN

BEN Active Member

I see your point coz not everyone wants to be in a fleet. I like playing alone too and thats totally fine. But if you are in a guild, you should help out every now and then. Guild quests should be about doing whatever task together and as of right now only a fleet of 2 can guarantee this. Make guild quests about guilds, teamplay and cooperation is all im saying.

_devill, Babablacksheep and Kitterini like this.
  14. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

I wasn't talking about people who don't want to fleet, I was talking about people who can't fleet. There's time zone restrictions and infamy requirements on fleeting, so the possibility isn't guaranteed all the time. If a guy can only fleet with a few guys, and they're not always online at the same time, he won't contribute much of anything.

15. fr4nk1yn

Sorry. I didn't didn't intend to seem like I was singling you out. I've been playing pretty much non-stop and have seen a lot or griping in the chat. And a few miscellaneous here.

What I did is go into chat and find a good Defender and Fixer, just in case.

One cool thing is we have a member with about 400 infamy points that has contributed near as much as I have. It may be taking some one way but others are stepping up.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  16. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

Yeah, people are morons, so they will go ahead and use crappy setups and tank their reward so they can get a few more scraps. The thing is, most of these problems already existed before the guild quest system, guild quests just made them more noticeable.

I do congratulate Rovio on one thing, and that's making it so the guild quests only register completion of you win the match. This stuff would be way worse otherwise.

_devill and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  17. fr4nk1yn

Wait... Are you shitting me? Is that why the 3 firebomb kills we made wasn't counted?! You know how hard it is to get an actual kill with fire!?! now I'm mad!

llr likes this.
  18. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Sewah likes this.
  19. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

I am here
    Tq

The Otherguy likes this.
  20. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member