1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[Feedback] - guild quest exploit and actions

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by The Grim Repair, 13 Oct 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rock'N'Rolla

Rock'N'Rolla Active Member

Don't forget that u are playing with real people. So the rules can be close to real life ones.
    If u steal something in real life u give it back AND go to jail.
    U've stolen lots of tokens from devs and people who earned them in fair way.
    U gave them back AND got punished with rolling ALL your progress back, not tokens only. That's completely fair.

Please keep in mind that in most MMO games players get PERMABANs for abusing exploits.
    And don't tell me that it's devs mistake. Of course it is! Every in-game exploit is devs mistake. But abusing that exploit is YOUR mistake only.

2. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

Do everyone else a favor. Permanently ban yourself.

Bo Oetjen and EyeOfDoom like this.
  3. Boaty McBoatface

Boaty McBoatface Member

But if somebody from the governing body said its a clever way of stealing and no punishment will come, what do you think will people do?
    i only started farming after i saw that message. i will post it later when i get a hold of that screenshot. probably will be deleted by the mods right after because they are all about transparency.

4. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

Honestly, I thought the punishment would have been a bit worse and when i talk to some "farmers", they are happy about the outcome of it.
    It was the best way to deal with it. Especially, when you read the EULA that specifically says otherwise.

Just want to point out, the book was already written in here compared to the thief/society =)

They got very luck, that's all there is to it.

5. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Read it. Now don't tell rovio didn't read it for you or they didn't had separate way of communication. Those are terms and conditions, you didn't follow those you got punished.

6. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Only perm ban can be worse than this:(

7. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

Please post the same screenshot but with some arrows pointing out to what it says. Apparently people can't read in here =)

Edit : correction

*Rubber Duck* likes this.
  8. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Dude permanent ban is so so worse you can't compare it to anything. I used to play a game Brothers in Arms 3. I played it for like 8 months honestly, but then hack came out and everyone was just roasting me. So I tried too along with all others who cheated I got a permanent ban. I stopped playing but I loved that game very much but can't complain what I did was wrong.

9. Evilchicken235

Evilchicken235 Well-Known Member

CSIE Student
    According to all the MMOs I’ve played, they don’t dish out bans/rollbacks without warning and statements. They surely don’t keep quiet and not reply for a week when issues are addressed to them. I’d be happy to pay back every token I gained “illegitimately” three times over but rolling back all the time spent and items gained legitimately even after we stopped guild hopping without giving proper warning is just unacceptable and unprofessional in my own opinion.

10. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

A 2/3 days ban isn't worse than perma ban.
    In a lot of companies (games as well), using an exploit results in a permanent ban. Usually it's an IP ban.
    Here is just a "you used the exploit even though you knew you shouldn't have, we just take it back so you can enjoy doing it again, in a legal way".

Seems good and lucky if you ask me !

11. TheCrisco

TheCrisco Active Member

@Bunta Eh, the punishment is right about what I expected, personally. I've not seen anyone that exploited happy about it myself, but most of my experience with farmers is via these forums. Either way, I don't disagree, the rule was in the EULA, but we all know nobody reads those (despite ignorance being no excuse), so there will always be arguments that it wasn't written anywhere. I just decided to take that to its logical conclusion as though there actually wasn't a written rule about exploiting. It was clearly wrong, even if it truly hadn't been explicated beforehand. Acting shocked about being punished now is just silly.

12. *Rubber Duck*

*Rubber Duck* Well-Known Member

Please read the highlighted areas!

20171013_151714.png 20171013_151847.png

13. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

I know but for those who read our comments, they would maybe made more sense to them.
    Either way, we can agree to this.

It's like accepting new TCs without reading it and then blame later when they shouldn't have done something.
    It's like not reading the small fine prints in a contract.

I guess ignorance is bliss but in that case, ignorance is rovio/devs fault ? Lol

14. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Nope, its a clever strategy. Rather than banning you and becoming strict bad guys. They just took everything away and turned me(OR us) into quitting whiners. Anyways won't argue with any non cheater, i loose, you win. AND for you bunta gaining a one or two epic perks won't give a power of tier 5 legendary. Ssly if you believe me i didn't find amy perk that useful (so did all cheater) they just sold them to get mk5s or buy parts. For which i suffered a heavy loss

15. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

You forgot the "you may not use the Service to harm anyone or to cause offense to or harasse any person or DISRUPT THE SERVICE IN A WAY THAY MAY NEGATIVELY AFFECT OTHERS' ABILITY TO FULLY ENJOY THE SERVICE"

Have to point out EVERYTHING to them ;)

16. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I’ll be sorry to see you go. I have always enjoyed reading your posts on the forum. It’s a shame that you feel you have to leave a game that you enjoy over some misplaced sense of principle.

I’m sure it stings more than any salt has stung before, and you’re understandably upset. I would be absolutely gutted if my account got rolled back, just because I made an error in judgement.

Maybe when you’ve had a little time to cool off, you’ll realise that the exploit basically broke the economy, and something had to give. Even though you lost some progression, it’s not the end of the world, and if you leave now you’ll be missing out on all the good progress you can make legitimately with the new update (which is still way faster than before). You’ve put a lot into this game, and what you ‘deserve’ is to enjoy what is actually a really amazing update. Don’t end up cutting off your nose to spite your face.

I don’t think anyone here wants to flame or insult you. I hope in time you will reconsider.

Last edited: 13 Oct 2017
  17. TVNPryde

I don't get why some people still complaining about their punishments for exploiting. When you're exploiting something, you know right there and then that's it's something you're not suppose to do. You get what's coming. Either shut up and continue to play BB or quit.

I want to shout out to my guild (#MUTINY#) that we didn't have a single member exploiting. Everyone stayed put. We have rivals that completed 42 tasks. I didn't know there is a board after 'difficult'. My guild never completed more than 33 tasks. I was never much of a guild person but joined them about 2-3 days before the guild update.

Lastly, thank you Rovio.

P.S. I just realized why I have 153K tokens in my account from this thread.

TheCrisco likes this.
  18. FUSIBLE

FUSIBLE New Member

EULA

Captain Gilligan likes this.
  19. TVNPryde

I have to say, @*Rubber Duck* highlighting skill is terrible. He should use some kind of exploits to make a straight line when highlighting.

Bo Oetjen likes this.
  20. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

I'm still rocking a few rare perks but something people seem to not realize is the chance to get epic items/perks/legendary pieces (for free) by playing in a "funnier" way.
    The more you play, the more you get.

I saw rare builds going to full epic build in a week. Getting legendary items in that week. Perks included.

Please tell me, how is that fair to those who didn't use the farming exploit ?

You may not have farmed a lot but a lot of players farmed like crazy, going 400k tokens per day.

I saw screenshots of players getting MASSIVE items/perks.

Example : Akagi, leader of RNG, played for over a year (soft launch). Dude is rocking an almost full rare build.
    How is it fair for him than in a week, people get to have what he couldn't have in a 1+ year ?

Again, every programs/games will have some exploit. Nothing is perfect but the EULA clearly states it's in violation of the Game (The Service), after the announcement, a lot of players kept farming. They thought it would be fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.