1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[Feedback] - guild quest exploit and actions

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by The Grim Repair, 13 Oct 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

Oh u talking bout me?
    Im Innocent :rolleyes:
    Just 300k in debt ;)

2. Zusay

Zusay Well-Known Member

No need to say fu#k rovio! I am also upset but they put a lot of effort into this game. Just not happy how I am treated in that way

3. TheCrisco

TheCrisco Active Member

Seriously? That's the quote you guys are referring to? He specifically says "back and forth." That is, along the lines of things like pulling in help for quests and going back to your original guild. Lo and behold: action wasn't taken against those players. If your misinterpretation of that (relatively easy to understand) quote is all the farmers have to back them, they should just stop now.

4. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

DEVELOPERS! I want you guys to seriously look at this comment and realize that THIS is the problem. It's the cause of it all. It's all this one developer's fault that started all this hopping. If anything he should be fired! Blame the cheaters as much as you want but this developer's misleading comments deserved far more punishment than us.

5. Boaty McBoatface

Boaty McBoatface Member

@TheCrisco there you go, it's not the same message that i saw but it's meaning is the same.

6. TheCrisco

TheCrisco Active Member

If its meaning is the same, then you're wrong about what he said. That one I >HAVE< seen before, and it doesn't mean what you said.

Ian likes this.
  7. Boaty McBoatface

Boaty McBoatface Member

getting the dev fired is harsh. all that we want is due to this announcement, the exploit is not an exploit only a clever way of doing things and no punishment. after they announce otherwise it was not clever anymore, it's an exploit. so they should roll back after that announcement.

and if anybody have the screenshot by Miika about this issue, can you do us a solid and post it here.

yellowocean and behumble like this.
  8. MasterMind

MasterMind Active Member

This has Resulted in tons of players leaving the game. I'm talking about the top of the top... That's when you know you messed up big time.
    Hanzo, Orpheus, ThunderSword, Viiking girl, Xmas, KSA, and tons more.

They lacked proper communication as we get told nothing will happen numerous times via boards, Facebook, and vip chat then it gets patched and boom few days later they bring a far too severe punishment.

Most people didn't start farming till the 6th or 7th and did so till announcement, some continued. It was patched up 2 days - 3 days ago now?
    You roll back people to the 2nd of October? What about all the stuff we gained fairly from October 2-6 or 2-7 and then after the patch to now?
    What about all the perks and rewards we got for grinding with our guilds properly from October 2-6 or 2-7?
    Why punish us for all those extra days? Why not slam us with negative 100-500k tokens per day for the days we gained using the CLEVER bypass.

NO PUNISHMENT should be made in the first place for telling us it was CLEVER to do it (we have proof, but when posted it gets deleted). Why delete if you got nothing to hide? Tell lies to our face? Where is the trust? IF we were told in a timely manner not to do it or just suspended guild stuff till fixed, we would have listened but instead you decided not to and waited and continued to wait?

Just come out and say you f****d up. That's all we needa hear and then properly put in place a less severe punishment were people don't lose fairly gained items and equipment....
    Don't come and punish us for our fair play on the days we didn't use what you called a clever way to gain rewards. Do no punish us this harsh for a mistake you made....

The most fun I had on this game was during the days I spent farming with my friends. I been the one of the games most active player since Global release. I've got 12k matches from global release to now and would be a ton more if I didn't sit around and chat with people often.

Zusay, yellowocean, Wishaal and 9 others like this.
  9. MasterMind

MasterMind Active Member

Conspiracy Theory : If Bunta doesn't cry do we still get punished or not? The game caters to the games top spender over and over... He crys that his frost isn't that effective and boom now we can't even move on anyone's frost to allow his torp to 1 hit ships so he can flaunt about it and spend more money? (He has failed on me over and over before update, after update seen em 2x but he hit a mine right as he frosted me, but I still couldn't move with a overboost on. I've seen videos of him dropping 6200 dmg with it.)
    btw he would be right there with us grinding out tokens if he didn't have the gear he does. You always complain about not enough players play when you do to give you proper matchups well it's about to get a whole lot worse from what I see. The games most elite are gone you can play by yourself hahah.

D3X, Dipesh, Wishaal and 3 others like this.
  10. MasterMind

MasterMind Active Member

bro they delete everything that makes them look bad. you want screen shots? I got tons of them.

Babablacksheep and behumble like this.
  11. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

This is my experience, after 10000 games i got my first rare sniper crit chance by exploting. And i m not liying, devs can see my current account, a sniper without single rare crit chance. I did exploit, but what do you guys think i should, if i don't see a psingle useful perk of my most used weapons after grinding hours of game play for days

yellowocean and Ar I Am like this.
  12. TheCrisco

TheCrisco Active Member

Maybe play the game like a normal person? I know, that's a tall order, but clearly cheating didn't pay off. Try the other thing.

yellowocean likes this.
  13. Sir Fix-a-Lot

Sir Fix-a-Lot Member

Is also like to point out that

“Please read our newly revamped Fair Play policy here:”

Doesn’t give me a lot of faith that you had your policy right the first time, and there is a pretty good chance that while not working within the “spirit” of what they developed, we weren’t truly breaking any rules.

My guess is that someone did a business case on whether it would cost rovio more to let players keep the rewards (lost future boost pearls), or if it’d cost more to lose some players... here we are...

Finger-Bang007 and PepeButtCrack like this.
  14. behumble

I will agree with you that i had a ton of fun working together with new people :) met and worked with someone great players....sad to see them going >.<
    Andddd yes we need those screen shots. i dont even mind if they get taken down. More will post them.

yellowocean and MasterMind like this.
  15. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

I too never had a single crit chance perk but now I have 3 2 rare 1 epic all of it staying in same guild. Made 50 new friends countless fleets hours of enjoyment. I'm not calling anyone cheat here but asking you guys not to defend what was wrong. Those guys who started exploits from first day should get a full roll back or some equivalent punishment. But those who did after the warning was issued should be nailed for sure. Those who stopped after the warning I guess they need some relaxation.

16. behumble

Ey team work right? :)
    Glad joining Humble has worked out so well for you

yellowocean and Shadow Moon! like this.
  17. Shadow Moon!

Even I got 2 epic snipers ready to take it to T4. Honestly there was no need to hopping guilds or creating new ones or whatever happened. I actually waited for full 3 days to get a place in a guild. Ask @behumble

18. TheCrisco

TheCrisco Active Member

At one point, there was no law on the books against theft. I mean, technically it wasn't in the "spirit" of living in society, but it wasn't truly against the rules. That it wasn't against the rules before someone made it a problem makes me question my faith in society at large and every bit of law enforcement ever performed. Any theft performed before it was explicitly illegal shouldn't be held against the thieves! rabblerabblerabble!

Regardless what led to the solution, it was the best balance of practicality and fairness that wouldn't have generated hundreds, if not thousands, of man-hours to implement properly. There was almost certainly a good bit of cost-benefit analysis happening behind the scenes, despite how obvious the answer was to many.

Ian, Bunta and The Grim Repair like this.
  19. Cpt Obvious

Cpt Obvious Well-Known Member

Same for me, I had two snipers, but only had 2x epic regular crit perks (4.5%) - the non sniper version. Never got rare or epic sniper perks, just unlucky on that front I guess.
    After the last couple of weeks, while staying legit - I now got (from raffle, shops, todays 42k bonus, etc): 2x epic sniper crit, 3x rare sniper crit.

20. Shadow Moon!

Indeed it did I was up untill 3-4 am to complete those flare kill quests. Got worthy rewards. Previously I only had uncommon perks now I flaunt all my epic and rare perks:cool:
    But also I hate seeing friends leaving game especially @Wishaal I was so looking forward to fleet with him.

yellowocean, Wishaal and behumble like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.