1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[Feedback] - guild quest exploit and actions

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by The Grim Repair, 13 Oct 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lucky2431

lucky2431 Member

Пользуйся гугл переводчиком или переводи сам на английский, здесь не признают языки других стран.

2. ismailabi

ismailabi New Member

Dear Rovio,

First of all, you have created a good game. Nice graphics, good control - a few flaws and changes are needed in the UI and in-game messaging system, but it can be achieved by time -, SFW game content , good game concept above all.

I have started this game a while ago after a friend's suggestion, and I liked that game. 2nd day I bought VIP status, as this game is something that could be spent money on. and for beginners I started with VIP (to skip adverts + battle bonuses).

After that update you applied, I completed my guild's quests. And in chat, other people were asking "help wanted, please join and help us for quests". So I joined helped those people. Meanwhile I noticed other people were doing same. Joining guilds and doing quests, claiming rewards as actually those people - including me - did "helped". It is not like me and other players who "used" that loophole found the claimed tokens without achieving anything or giving effort.

Then, I became friends in game with some of those people, we found guilds which did not complete their quests. We completed easy boards in their guilds. Did they benefit from that? Absolutely. around 20k (1k*10+12) + 42k from rivaly = 60k tokens we got for those players. (Moreover in the end of "fair punishment", those players got extra 42k tokens.) Does it bother me? No. Because I cared about playing the game as a team and achieving something together with people that I met in a short time span, meanwhile knowing that not only we were getting benefit from that, but also people in the guilds we have joined benefitted from that. "hey lets go that guild" "I got napalm, mortar" "ok I will get fleet, someone team up with me". - side note, me or my friends who I teamed up with never created a guild for that purpose, we always entered guilds that had people in it and did at least 2 quests, to be sure the guild is active and people would benefit from what we were doing.- That was the fun part of this game for me, as it achieved games goal for me. Team play. Virtual items and achievements are , virtual. Did they exist in my life 2 weeks ago? Nope.

Was this "loophole" only available for some players and other could not do it? Nope. Even admin announced it that there is a loophole in game design, which Rovio introduced because they did not foresight the possibilities and perhaps not enough beta-testing, this is your problem to find out why this loophole occurred. Everyone could do that, just by playing. No code injection or serverside manipulation was needed to use that loophole. Idk how many "devs" took part in that update, but because of those few individuals lack of ability, too many people got punishment, did the devs got a punishment? Would another company which is doing "business" with real money also punish the coders/devs? Indeed,it would.

You made a punishment for players who "used" this loophole, account rollback, token restore. As you should.
    However, your lack of foresight again occurred in your punishment.
    You restored items / gold / pearl / sugar to a previous state - you might say those are gained by using loophole. That's fine.
    Were the achievements / items from daily chests / shop's free items restored? - No. So from now on, whomever you "punished", also lost the opportunity to gain pearls/items from completing achievements. Also lost the items which they got from shop in legit way.
    Were the pearls gained from doing battles stayed? - No.

If you wanted to be "fair" and "punish", you could just wipe all the items/perks and gold/pearl gained from guild raffle. Obviously you could not do that, you went the easy and dirty way, just restored inventory / resources back to a previous date.

This is a good game which money could be spent on. On the other hand, Rovio does not deserve any cent, as they showed how they lack foresight in updates, also in fairness.

See you in cyberspace.

Ovidmikel, behumble, D3X and 11 others like this.
  3. Hodges

Hodges Well-Known Member

Hands down the best response i have seen to date.

You have 100% hit the nail on the head, it clearly does show their lack of ability huh.

But once again Rovio hasnt taken any responsibility in this horror show, but prefers to punish players PlAYING THE GAME.

I appreciate your dedicated and enlightened response, which i support 100%

4. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

If you read my post again you will have answers to that,i did because i didn't want to be left behind, SSLY open your mind a bit if you can't think of anything else

5. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

#FairplaySquad will soon join the #LegendarySquad with no exploiting :D

It's nice to see the true value and potencial of a great update and not feel the need to exploit it. This update was already handing out so many epic perks, epic items, pearls, leg pieces and more. And you guys got still wanted more. This is a life lesson :p Don't get too greedy.

TheCrisco and Shooter~McGavin like this.
  6. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Trolling Joeyaa.

It's not about life lessons now.

Re read Ismaelabi post. It is 1000 percent correct.

And then Joeyaa. Think about any money you could ever spend on this game. Whether u did or not. Just imagine it. Now u spent it. You got the item of your desire.

Then developers do a lazy rollback

Ismaelabi suggested a legitimate way they could have fixed this issue without affecting items earned by game play. Or items purchased.

So please Note as and others on the non farming side. WILL one of you finally make a productive how to fix this issue comment?

Because take note. As much glee as non farmers have shown in this forum. There are people on the opposite side as you who got hurt.

Whereas prove to me any non farmer that you got hurt? You didn't. You got rewarded during this.

So politely I ask. Come back to being a one player community and realize for the good of the game. If this rollback isn't adjusted. A mass player exodus, and a mass $ spender exodus is starting.

This affects all players.

Don't be the person celebrating a nail in a fine games coffin

7. Lucian758

Lucian758 Member

It sucks to see how many big high ranked players exploited this it's sad smh

8. Griffinx37

Griffinx37 New Member

1 in 100 exploiter has a genuine problem which needs a look, others are just jumping on that situation blowing it out of proportion to avoid the punishment.

9. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

Can you even name me 100 exploiters? Do you even know 100 exploiters?

And even if 1 out of 100 has a genuine problem, does that mean that nobody should get help?

Babablacksheep likes this.
  10. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

What's awesome is how many supposed non farmers responding in this forum. Are well know alt account users. They have or had baby boats brought into their guild to help finish guild quests. These boats were stacked with rares and epics. It's easy to kill bots.

I wonder once the developers crack down on this. Will you guys be happy for a post date October 2 rollback?

Looking forward to the hypocrisy. Since using an alt account does help you farm tokens.

11. Fixer sa Recto

Fixer sa Recto Well-Known Member

Either way Rovio will be on the loosing end of this battle. They have to make up their mind on how to deal with this fairly to all parties the soonest.

Babablacksheep and Maxpuma like this.
  12. Griffinx37

Griffinx37 New Member

Read it carefully. It says his problem needs to be looked at, others are just using his problem to avoid punishment.

13. MasterMind

MasterMind Active Member

How can it be and exploit if it's a clever way to use what is already in place? How are we faulted for taking advantage of what is presented to us. We were also told point blank it as okay to do it. Then you come and roll us back even further than the days we started farming? Why get punished so many extra days. I lost my Leg Pulse and my 2nd Leg long mortar. That's not right, I paid for those.

14. Ningting

Ningting New Member

Also the bonus parts from purchasing pearls are gone. Rovio just adopted the laziest way to deal with their own fault. According to some of my friends in game companies, it takes no more than several hours to execute a sorting plus roll backs.

15. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

People that have yelled the loudest in here about it's a good punishment. And that we should be fine with this rollback. Remind me of the history lesson during the French revolution.

While the crowd yells off with their head over and and over.

What happens crowd when this is you on the chopping block.

The same clever guild hopping Miika talked about. Do you know he also mentioned alt accounts. And under shipping? Using to small of boats in matches?.

I do. I read.

These developers can because of your cheers go and punish back to the past for any of these atrocities. Sick word.

They are currently allowed from coding. But again help you either farm tokens thru alt accounts. Or undershipping to drop infamy thru using too small a mk boat verse higher competition.

So be careful how loudly you cheer them on. For I will say to you once you complain....they rolled me back. That's not fair. I will find your written statement in here. How we should just take it.

Off with their heads. Everyone is guilty and treated like a criminal

16. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

Don't mind the hippos, bro... the longer they wade throught the waters, the sooner they will be swimming through their own crap

Last edited: 15 Oct 2017
  17. Sarkozuh

Sarkozuh New Member

Hello
    After the rollback, what do we observe?!

1. Only I have about 30 (game) friends left the game (solvent)
    2. Dozens of guilds disbanded
    3. In my guild, people stopped playing and also want to delete the game
    4. One person in the chat said that he would go to court (this is already a bust)

I also stopped actively playing so-so the mood is gone. Such a feeling as if won a lottery, updated all the furniture and then the police came and took everything away saying that the ticket was fake ...

I also put real money into your game, bought a subscription subscription and you rolled me ...

Punishment is not fair!
    Give us back the mood, we deserve it!
    Translated by Google

Dipesh, behumble and Maxpuma like this.
  18. Ningting

Ningting New Member

Now games in the nightmare league become easier, since many top players are not playing as often as before, or simply left:(

19. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

After Kitterini's post imploring the devs to stop the exploit, or at least to release some sort of statement condemning it, I waited.
    Many of us waited for days for some sort of communication, while around us half of the bay were farming, progressing at an unseemly rate.
    Kit's post got a lot of attention, but not from the voices who mattered.

We finally did receive correspondence though, later, here on the forum as well as in the game.
    The farmers were clever, technically not breaking any rules, and would suffer no repercussions.
    This is what we were told by the dev team, how could we possibly not accept this information as official, especially in the absence of any conflicting announcements?
    The green light was there.
    Anybody now not taking advantage of a little progress boost before the window was inevitably closed, was a fool.

For a moment it occured to me that this had been allowed to go on intentionally, as if to allow us to slightly bridge the absurd gaping divide between the strengths of the f2p and the whales. Another unintended flaw I'm sure, but not one that can be taken back..
    They could have turned the tokens off in an instant if they chose to though, and we all would have understood.
    They chose not to.

I farmed for a single productive day before returning to my guild, and got some overdue sleep.
    When I woke up I logged straight into the game as I often do, and I saw a new, far different announcement..
    Farming had been taken off of the table, it had been officially condemned.
    To be honest I was glad.
    I was over it anyway, and our guild had work to do.
    I, like many others, didn't farm again. At all.

I won't go into what great progress I had made over this period, or how little it actually had to do with the days farming I've been punished for. It seems irrelevant.

My point, I suppose, is that there really was a time frame where farming was given the thumbs up by the people in charge, and that this blanket rollback is malicious and unjust.

To the devs I ask that you consider this, and do what you think is right.
    At the end of this mess you should be able to feel as if you've been as fair as you could have been, given these unforgiving circumstances.
    Do you?

20. Fer in Prague

Fer in Prague New Member

BESTS action I had ever seen vs exploiters. +10

The Otherguy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.