1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[Feedback] - guild quest exploit and actions

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by The Grim Repair, 13 Oct 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

I seen that one before, that gives me the impression there was going to be action taken in the end but in the other 2 they were very misleading.

2. *Rubber Duck*

*Rubber Duck* Well-Known Member

The devs are workers for Rovio and rovio makes the final say not the devs...maby rovio told them to punish?

3. Joey who

You didn't feel at any moment while getting mass amounts of gold, pearls, epic items, epic perks, legendary pieces, and more that Rovio would hand those out that easily? I mean, in a game that handed out 1 legendary piece maybe once every 1-4 months, I would expect action to be taken when I use an exploit to get so many in such a short period of time

4. MasterMind

MasterMind Active Member

Then why get punished for days prior to the farming and days post patch to the time they decided to rollback this morning. 4-6 days of playing for a player with 12k matches since global is like ton and tons of sugar and coins.... why we get punished for their mistake?

5. MasterMind

MasterMind Active Member

Give me my stuff back with negative 10 mill tokens or something... or stop being lazy and take only what we gained from farming and not roll back so far before farming and penalize us and negate the hardwork of playing.

6. *Rubber Duck*

Because the ToS was breached by you (the player) wich started from day 1 of the patch for some players. If a loophole is found and abused the maker of this loophole did not know it was there untill it was found...it is then up to the player to make a choice to take advantage of this loophole wich then makes it a exploit if its abused and that breaks the ToS wich is then punishable by rovio NOT DEVS however they see fit

7. *Rubber Duck*

Not butt kissing bud, i have a very ppen mind amd try to find the simple facts. I try and lead a simple life based on those plain facts kinda like it was in the old day befor ppl felt intitled. Fact is, u have a choice and u goda live with the consiquinces of your choices. Life sucks, goda make the best of it, if it seems wrong it prolly is no matter who says it isnt, treat others how u want to be treated, basicly karma....i do fail on some of these from time to time but for the most part i try to tie them into most things from RL to games, makes life so much simpler imo

8. MasterMind

MasterMind Active Member

I see you working hard on these boards, u could be playing...Where's your guild at? I think it may need some work or maybe a ton of work who knows.

Arrow-->, Babablacksheep and *JAWS* like this.
  9. *Rubber Duck*

I put alot of time into the guild and forums..im a community kinda guy. I cant help on our guild board atm so here i am :)

10. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

The makers of the game...Battle Bay knew of the exploit. If I posted all my miika.conversations the forum would explode. I case in point was the first to ask for a fix and ask for a battle bay statement saying not to token farm.

Miika told me bluntly in private messages that their would be no punishment and only a fix before Wednesday. I told him I would then token farm. Miika never wrote back to say don't do it.

Everyone else post with Miika words prove this.

What we have is a developer telling us first hand to take advantage of the situation and no punishment.

THAT IS Fact.

There's no rules to break when the developer tells you it's ok to proceed.

It's just sad that he won't own up and say Sorry.
    I overstepped my authority and shouldn't have said anything.

11. Concerned Citizen

Concerned Citizen Member

For almost a week there was no official word on whether it was an exploit or not, and as we've seen shared here, from the mouth of multiple devs "NOT AGAINST THE RULES" was floating all around the chatrooms. Is it really so hard to see why people took advantage?

12. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

If you are reading Miika. This would be the right thing to do.

As for the lazy roll back of fairly earned goods and paid for items.

This is sloppy coding. Plain and simple

No one who farmed tokens has any argument with guys who didn't. And guys who didn't. Stop trolling.

Many guys only farmed because they talked to developers first.

Next many players just like you paid for items. With cash. And grinded for sugar and coins. These shouldn't have been touched.

13. *Rubber Duck*

I dont remember seeing any screenshots say its ok to farm...example, yea we made a mistake but yes u can go ahead and do it....or am i wrong? Did anyone actualy tell u go ahead, farm away?

14. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

So let's stop policing each other players of battle bay. And start asking for better code. And helping everyone. Non farmers. You won. You are right. Token farming bad. But

Taking things paid for. And earned the right way. IS HORRIBLE.

support players. Don't be a developers tool. Player vs player hate crime

Evilchicken235 likes this.
  15. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Rubber duck. Your continued talking is trolling. Seriously. Player vs player nonsense. My issue is not with a rollback. It's with how hard and how far they went

And I won't post miikas. Personal messages to me that are much further than what we habe seen posted on this page. It's called being classy.

16. baysider

baysider Active Member

they rolled back rewards i got from first rivalry season where i went to board 5. also took an epic item i got from achievements and an epic item i got in a $99 daily deal but i don’t care im quitting because the game has been crashed for over 6 hours now and the game demands too much money and i can’t afford to keep up with the people who have t4/t5 legendary anyways. i will only continue to play if i can get all of my pearls refunded and start my account over at captain level 1 and zero infamy but i doubt that they would ever let me do that.

*JAWS* likes this.
  17. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

It's hard for me to have any sympathy, the dev's words are irrelevant. Whether or not you thought you would be punished doesn't change what it was doing to the game. If they let you keep your farmed gear, what reason do we have not to cheat at every opportunity? How much outside of guild-hopping revenue did you actually lose? Can you estimate, instead of just saying "tons"?

18. *Rubber Duck*

U got me wrong bud, i dont hate much of anyone in game or RL and iv been screwed over many times in RL. As far as i can think of my posts have been about sharing information and simple facts, if thats taken as hate im sorry it was not intended. I out alot of time into mine and DRs guild and we lost alot of ppl with this mess but i assure u i hate no one because of it...im not pushing for further punishment as u stated in yalls discord chat i cant speak for DR but that is not my purpose here bud

19. Joey who

In the end all the players who are saying they are quitting will be playing by next week. Or are probably playing as we speak

20. baysider

baysider Active Member

nope im done playing for good but i will stop in to collect my care packages and try to keep training. i will keep up with the game in case of any future updates that will lure me back but i doubt that will be the case. i still have over 30k pearls in my account right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.