1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Item and How to Use It

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by The Otherguy, 25 Aug 2017.

1. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

Running a MK4 speeder.
    Red: Rare t3 Standard Cannon (it reloads fast:eek:) with 2 uncommon Crit perks and 1 uncommon fire damage. I try to hit the faraway targets or speeders with the standard cannon as you can shoot multiple times quickly and with a good projectile speed it actually connects almost as many times as a sniper.

My favorite Rare t3 explosive cannon with 2 rare fire damage perks and 1 rare damage perk (Totally hate the projectile speed. I can outrun it if i try:D).
    With explosive cannon, shoot when you have time or unfriends are grouped together. Good for getting noticed and run a distraction. Although with speeders it gets a little hard while chasing but its a good deterrent for flankers.

Yellow: 2 OB, rare t3 and epic t2. Nothing else works for me. I have a tesla bolt but i get killed out there when team decides to shoot that one ship with stun on. So I'm like "Yeah here is your target! Forget the rest. Let them kill me quick.":( No point using tesla bolt if you are not at least 2100+ infamy. Someone will always be there to help you get killed.

Blue: rare t2 bandage. Shield works well but i need a fixer on my team for that to work (survive). Working on t3 upgrade for bandage for now. I just can't let go of bandage. Its dead useful when you have those precious 10-20 seconds. Getting 100 hp more wont make much difference but it can save you in lots of situations. I can point out the most common situation where speeder is left out. Sometimes cos they are stupid and a few more times cos their team mates think its a good target practice for unfriends. Plus a bonus epic t1 turbo. Was using uncommon t3 turbo before. Epic is wayyyyyy faster:D.

Last edited: 18 Sep 2017
    The Otherguy likes this.
  2. Ability6

Ability6 Member

I would like to add a question, if that's okay... I'm trying to get better with using my tesla shield and I know about the mortars, but is there a strategy for when to hit the shield other than when mortar fire lights you up? Or just be ready when you hear shots that might be coming your way? Any help would be appreciated. :)

3. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

When you see that red circle start spamming the shield button and drive to the center.
    Tesla shield oddky enough doesn't not work against frost.

Now, if the shield has 700 hit points is that accumulative or total? Can it take multiple 600 blasts, or break after a 600 and 100 blast?

4. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

My fave:

1. Blast cannon lv30 with two epic and one rare burn perk. When paired with my other weapon, the lv20 flaregun, this weapon becomes an ion cannon lol. A damage boost of 200 to all shots. Base damage 540, ramped damage 750+.

2.Rudder: Frankly, this little blue is underrated. Dodge shots, turn, perform mad end of match taunts like drifting, everything for the sacrifice of not being able to use a bandage(Which RNGesus hasnt even given to me as a rare). Rudder is super-awesome for duellist-class players who enjoy isolating and killing enemies.

5. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

I'm really starting to miss my blast cannons

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  6. zippleback111

zippleback111 Member

speeder mk 4: I'm rocking a swift torp epic lvl 10 along with a flare gun epic lvl 10 and overboost lvl 30 frost blaster epic lvl 7 and then epic lvl 13 standard shield and a rare lvl 20 bandage, any criticism, I got to 2100 infamy with this build but lost a lot over the last month, almost around 500, bad teammates

7. WaveMaker

WaveMaker Active Member

Watch when you get stunned and how often your shield breaks...or the replay...If you can tell which weapon and how much damage it can do then you'll know how much to upgrade the shield. Not that it won't get broken again but maybe less often a higher threshold is always better. I use the shield more often to wait for weapon cool-downs and use maneuverability to at least reach the edge of a mortar hit to minimize damage.

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  8. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Favourite item: Big shield.
    How to use: upgrade your ship until it has atleat 2 blue slot points. Drag the shield from the inventory and fit it into those points. Make sure you don't slide it to red points as it won't fit there because you can't throw shields at opponents. Make sure shield is in the very last blue slot as it will impact your gameplay dramatically which I'll explain below.

In battle: when you spawn in battle, immediately turn your ship 180 degree and drive backwards towards the enemies. This will help you as shots take on the booty will do less damage than ones that hit your face.
    Why is that the case? Because you just equipped that big shield in the very last blue slot aka the booty of the ship so naturally your booty will have more protection that the face. It also helps you to bail out from certain situations quickly as forward speed is faster than reverse gear while all shot you'll take will hit your booty thus doing less damage.

Trust me this trick works every time. I made it to ace 1 with level 20 rares just by using this method. It's these small details that count in every battle and will give you an edge over the noobs.

Plus shaking defender booty after the win counts towards star contribution.

9. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Good advice from the best player!
    It's a troll!

10. zippleback111

zippleback111 Member

why won't this work on my speeder. Wait it only works on enforcer and defender.

WOW

• Percy • likes this.
  11. Ability6

Ability6 Member

You could call this the KC and the Sunshine Band method, perhaps...? :rolleyes:

12. • Percy •

• Percy • Well-Known Member

9th grader
    Strike my previous message. I have new... news!
    Red:
    T2 Epic Blast cannon
    All rare dmg perks. Dmg: 612.

Yellow:
    Epic T1 overboost
    Overboost duration perks UC. Does about 77.1% (????) and duration is somewhere around 6.5 seconds.

Blue:
    Epic T1 turbo
    I'm not sure how much % of extra speed it provides, but it makes me 1.5 fast.

Green:
    Just a random Repair Bolt
    I like these because you don't need to follow those noob kamikaze dudes into the fray. Just pop a bolt their way. If it doesn't hit, not my fault. He ran away :D

Fin

13. a_creeper_won

a_creeper_won Well-Known Member

Basement dweller
    I use a mine and a standard cannon on my speeder
    Standard cannon because it chips off damage from unfriendly players
    Mines not because of the damage it causes, but because everyone fears the damage it causes and everyone goes around them

14. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

mk 4 enforcer
    the enforcer-that-thinks-it's-a-speeder setup
    BC: all normal dm. perks, so I don't have to rely on fire do do big dmg.
    swift torp: mix of speed & dmg perks- I shoot towrds the general direction of a cluster of enemies to do splash dmg.
    nitro x2- to get out of unfavorable situations

The Otherguy likes this.
  15. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Why am I just now seeing this?! :eek:
    XD XD

Uerguy likes this.