1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

F2P: Keep or scrap epics.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by EyeOfDoom, 9 Sep 2017.

?

What do F2P players do with their t1 epics.

1. Keep

29 vote(s)
    82.9%
  2. Scrap

6 vote(s)
    17.1%
  1. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Since I'm a free user, I only play with high level rares that are on par with my opponents epics but lately all the best quests I've been getting are for level 1 epics in my inventory. Naturally I swap it for something like 54k sugar domintor but now that my item upgrades cost 300 rare and crew costs 900k, I feel so bad for 250k gold or 120k sugar I just rejected. So I have a question for you all you f2p players. What do you do with your level 1 epic weapons. Do you keep them in hopes to get more copies or just scrap them so you can finish the best quests?

2. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

If you never keep tier 1 epics you will never have tier 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 epics. Keep them for a rainy day, when you find a duplicate, then start working on it to lvl 20 and hope you get a 3rd after that then a 4th etc :)

fr4nk1yn, Ultrah and Shadow Moon! like this.
  3. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Exactly I kept my epic sniper for so long I thought it might have stopped working but finally got 2 epic snipes now its tier 3, well oiled and works perfectly.

4. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Naplam and mine, overboost (yellow item), turbo (blue) are extensively powerful epics from what i know lvl 1s being more powerful than lvl 10 rares. These are some weapons that i know should not be scrapped.My lvl 10 epic Overboost is almost as strong as lvl 28 rare.Also keep around 35- 40 slots in inventory ,when you run out of inventory scrap epic you don't use. I have scrapped a lot of them but i think (SHIELD TURBO BANDAGE) and (OVERBOOST) are some good epics which if you preserve will benefit you in long-term

5. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

If 100% f2p you will need alot of luck (or several years) to bring epics to T4 and above. Below T4 you are better of building rares.

Focus on rares and keep the epics that interest you the most, perhaps the devs will eventually realize that their whales also disappear if all the weaklings leave.

6. Zusay

Zusay Well-Known Member

Definitely keep them! Nothing to add, keep them keep them keep them! Just focus on your rares and if you are lucky getting some duplicates of your epics, upgrade them, until then, KEEP THEM :)

7. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

Scrap 'em all!!! Unless it's something you plan to eventually use. If you don't carry any Epic versions of weapons you don't use, you can't get quests for weapons that aren't upgraded.

8. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

As a 100% f2p I keep just about every epic item I can get my hands on.
    I've got lots of T2's, some T3's and even a couple of T4's. One more grenade and I'll have my first T5.
    It takes a long time to get them and building them is expensive as hell, but if you're in it for the long haul you'd be a fool to scrap anything you might use.

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  9. cgr3asy

cgr3asy Member

well maybe i should have kept my epics because i just got my second napalm launcher and sniper today, and now i am stuck with these rares</3:(

10. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

I'm keeping them. But I'm getting low on slots so i'll have to make tough decisions. The main problem with epics being f2p is not getting them but leveling them up.
    I'm grinding for gold and every bit goes into my rares or getting more rares. With epics you have to grind not only for rare parts but epic too. And epics are much more expensive.
    My plan is to level up the rares then work on whatever epics i have. I do the same with my transition from uncommon to rare.

11. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Sounds about right man, except that getting them is a pretty big problem too..
    Once you've got an epic getting somewhere good you're looking at 3mil gold easy per level, plus lucky shops for decent parts deals. Sugar isn't ever an issue.
    Hopefully the next update will see the 12 stacks of unfinished items out of our inventories and into the workshop where they belong, then I could really keep all of them instead of playing scrap roulette when I'm too full up.
    By hopefully I mean I have zero hope;)

12. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

For the 20% of you who think that scrapping Epics are a good idea:
    Those that are scrapping useful Epics will regret it, and i'll tell you now, you will likely quit over this regret when you're higher in infamy.

k406k and JustPlainSowad like this.
  13. fr4nk1yn

Within reason. I hate torps. I've tried them, don't like them. Tried mines, hate them, but still have 4 because I may need a 1 slot weapon in the future.
    If you know the item isn't your bag then scrap it. If they is any doubt then definitely keep it.

14. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

What reason is there to build an Epic version of a weapon you're not even building a Rare version of?

15. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Right, but here's the thing, you never know what you're ever going to want or need in the future. You may hate them now, but once you're better and higher you see how they can add to your current or future build of the ship. Always leave your options open.

Both mines and torps are very powerful weapons for late to end game.

I didn't say anything about rares.

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  16. fr4nk1yn

If you somehow had duplicates you could not spend resources on rares. Other than that there would be no reason.

17. EyeOfDoom

I don't think I'll be endlessly grinding for next 2 -3 years which is probably how long it's gonna take me to get t4 or even t3 epic loadout.

18. fr4nk1yn

Don't overlook the rares. You can go very far with t4 and t5 rares

19. EyeOfDoom

Yeah, I'm all about high level rares. I'm just trying to say that it'll take years for my epics to catch up to my rares so what's the point saving them. Who knows what will be next best thing in 2 years.