1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Explosive Cannon "Supermassive Damage"

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by American Marauder, 4 Dec 2017.

1. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

So,If fire damage nerf would have been delayed for next update.'WrongUserName' would have been 'WrongUserCame' in just one explosive shot:D

The Otherguy likes this.
  2. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

LoL. I have fibre optic connection but it still whiffs because my enemies don't have it.

3. American Marauder

American Marauder Well-Known Member

CEO of The Skins Factory
    Yeah wouldn't have needed that follow up shot.

Babablacksheep likes this.
  4. w@x

w@x Member

I slay fools with mine at only t4 epic. Hit registry has a much smaller impact than that on most of us, sounds like you need an internet and/or device upgrade. Most of the time people cry about hit registry they are actually just a terrible shot or live in the jungle.

5. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Having been in Nightmare and playing in the league for more than 4 months, and been using a T5 Epic, I don't doubt the times where I have missed, but I clearly know when it hits visually on my end. Because of the nature of the projectile, high overarching trajectory(similar to a grenade), and the tiny impact radius (despite being an AOE weapon and the visual shows a large fireball)...the margin of error is very very small. I'm sure I'm not the only one that's seen this phenomenon. Clearly, it's a lag / latency issue, and any one in the technology field should know that there will always be a latency problem regardless. Being in a 1st world country with decent connection speeds and the latest devices, there should be some compensation/lax here, but this weapon takes the cake as to being the most latency dependent weapon out of them all.

Last edited: 7 Dec 2017
  6. w@x

w@x Member

You said over 1/4th of your shots don't register when they actually hit. That's absolute nonsense - I am in nightmare as well but infamy does not correlate with hit registry. I cannot even confirm when bad registry crap happened to me although I leave the door open that is has... And I've been playing for months on a kinda old device (iphone6s+) with mediocre wifi power (200mb down 15mbup). So what is the huge difference between us? Does your amazing infamy history cause your internet to hate on your shots?

Mr. Chompers likes this.
  7. Mr. Chompers

Mr. Chompers Well-Known Member

What internet do you have? This is a speed test from my desktop.
    Capture.JPG

8. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

When I lag, it is not dependent on the match, some matches all of my Repair bolts hit, some matches half of them don't register, I also get that weird ass freeze shift lagging. My ping is 43 and I have gigabit internet. This is Rovio's problem.

Rovio please share some data with us. Are your servers 64 tick? That's the standard for most PC games. They even have 128 tick servers available. Now if you tell us you are running games on a 8 tick server, then you are not making use of your revenue.

9. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Little to do with the device on hand, and more to do with the internet, and correlation of distance to the servers and the server specifications/setup itself to handle the data bandwidth. it's also dependant on the peers location of the person you are trying to shoot at. I run mainly a speeder, and when you're rapidly nitro-ing around, and trying to hit opponents who are also speeders (dog fighting), if you're latency is off by a microsecond, it can change the outcome of those shots. Explosive cannon exacerbates the issue.

Anyway I'm done with this topic, choose your own adventure.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  10. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

T5 legendary skillz

11. nosesabe

nosesabe Well-Known Member

Well of course they say it, in one battle is not rare to do more than 4 crits with the sniper cannon... 1shor>+4000=4shots>+1000

And that’s just damage, we’re not taking in account the massive range, projectile speed, curvature of the shot...