1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Excesive data consumption and high ping.

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Zyte_, 4 Jun 2018.

1. Zyte_

Zyte_ New Member

Well basically the game has become unplayable for me. Each time I login it starts to download ridiculous amount of data (+250MB per login) and consecuently the ping starts going and going up till the point it's totally unplayable. My connection it's pretty stable and this is the only online game that gives me this issue. I don't know what to do, already reinstalled twice and it didn't fix anything.[​IMG]

Last edited: 4 Jun 2018
  2. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

OMG! There's something wrong on that! When I can be really active (playing 3h-4h a day) I usually spend less than 1,5 GB on one entire week :eek::eek::eek:
    PS: lately my ping is just awful as well but there's nothing that Rovio can do about it. Brazilian internet service is just that bad :mad::mad::mad:

3. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

I am currently playing Battle Bay using 3G network.It uses 10-15 MB when I play for 30-45 min.That's not too much.I once tried 4G and 4G uses more than 3G.:):):):(:(

4. Zyte_

Zyte_ New Member

My Internet is good and stable, when I was able to play normally it doesn't go above 200MS. The problem here is that I can't play even a single match because the game begins to download data since the moment it's launched.

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  5. Zyte_

Zyte_ New Member

Yes, that's the normal consumption. But since a few days ago this started to happen, I can't even play a single match because the game doesn't stop downloading data.

6. Cricketmad

Cricketmad Well-Known Member

could it be trying to download the update or something in order to play it? Im no techie btw

7. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

I feel like this is somehow related to ads, like maybe it's trying (and failing repeatedly) to download fresh videos locally. Do you have any manner of ad-blocking software or other privacy-guard plugin that might prevent the ad services from writing the local files?

Are you able to get onto a wired/unmetered network and just let it sit for a bit to see if it ever stops?

8. Miika

Miika Game Lead

This definitely does not sound normal. The game should not download almost anything on login. The 2 biggest data consumption sources are actual game play and ads when you watch them. Battles take few MB per battle and ads maybe 10MB, depending on your device screen size.

9. Zyte_

Zyte_ New Member

I'd never thought about it, yes I use Blokada but it had never give me problems with any other app, even I have played normally the last months with Blokada activated. I will test it tonight when get to my home. Thanks.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  10. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

What happened when you tested it, mate?

11. Zyte_

Zyte_ New Member

Well, I whitelisted the game in Blokada and at the first try it doesn't fix the problem. I give it a second chance today and everything is fine now, it just downloaded 10MB at login and 5MB between 5 matches. Maybe you were right about the ads, still is kinda a strange behavior I haven't seen in another app. Thanks mate!

12. TheAntiSnipe

13. Zyte_

Zyte_ New Member

Oh that's right hehe... I just assumed you were the same and didnt read the nickname lol

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  14. TheAntiSnipe

Free compliments woo! lol

What's Up Player likes this.