1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

EX Cannon is Busted since last 2 updates. FIX suggested below

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by *JAWS*, 13 Feb 2018.

1. - Oskar -

- Oskar - Well-Known Member

Explosive canon was clearly OP, I been using from day one and always expecting a nerf, what I do not understand is that instead of a balance of weapons, one goes from OP weapons to ones that are worthless, a balance should be subtle and be adjusted slowly, it makes no sense these nerfs are as strong and sometimes double as is this case. Which clearly indicates that before they were totally unbalanced to require such a large adjustment. Or that once we have all paid for it, it is better to leave it useless so that we can start again with another ¿...?
    These are not balance adjustments. And once again, if you want to encourage other weapons, what you should do is buff the ones which nobody uses.

2. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

That's why I suggested Dev's to run thier decision with community before making them applicable in game which would prevent such harsh decision which totally destroy a good item same happened in case of Frost and trip torps.
    This game has the worst balance making it have ever seen.
    And worst part is it takes them year to fix it and till then they don't have any communication with community on the topic

Zachiderp likes this.
  3. Crashedup

The fix should be only 1 sec increase in cooldown and increase shot speed with original range.
    Range is too important.

4. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Well said Oscar!

Developers. Why not just start buffing underused weapons. And underused ships?

This is more in line with what our community wants. The community is clear this 2 update nerf on Ex cannon was too far. Time to hot fix some changes. 13.3 Cool down would be a good start

SlayerofSergeants likes this.
  5. Crashedup

I have said this in multiple threads that simply ask for buff for your boats not nerf to others as it makes a player to constantly change his playstyle and setup which is built by playing for months and which cannot be changed on a whim but all the community want is Nerf Nerf and nerfs.
    Even after nerfing speeders for whole year there is another thread going on to Nerf flare gun lmao

Last edited: 17 Feb 2018
    *JAWS* and Zachiderp like this.
  6. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Because not everything can be fixed with buffs. Somethings just need to be nerfed in order to be balanced.

Babablacksheep likes this.
  7. Crashedup

Nerf is to make things balance not kill them the balance that is needed is just the right amount or you end up like a update like this.
    Or Frost or trip torps

8. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Yes i know, and i have seen all the recent nerfs. But nobody can compare this to frost or tritorp nerf, explo is and will be alive and relevant in the meta.

My point was only that nerfs are necessary to balance, example frost. That could have never been fixed with buffing bolt or shield. Sadly, it was seriously overnerfed.

Babablacksheep and Ian like this.
  9. @YSL

@YSL Well-Known Member

Digital Creative Director
    JAWS FOR THE WIN

*JAWS* likes this.
  10. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

While you were on cooldown you didn't even try to make him miss or get behind his turret once. A little more patience with those missed shots you would have had him, a little evasion and you could have had him despite them.
    Not sure I'd blame the cannons on that one..

11. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    He's a defender mate, not the quickest boat. Even if he had tried to maneuver and make genius miss, it is unlikely that the shooter would be fooled by something so slow

SlayerofSergeants, Kalbs and *JAWS* like this.
  12. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

So is Henrisonmd and he makes me miss so often it's maddening, P0rthos did too.

13. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    Hmm maybe it's possible idk I don't play defender or shooter

14. canyouchange

canyouchange New Member

Devs besides reading will you provide feedback?

15. Døzey

Døzey New Member

Stop the nerfs! Redonkulous how many people spent money on EX cannon just to get it nerfed and not have many back up plans for their setups! Conspiracy to keep spending money on the next “OP” weapon till that gets a nerf as well? o_O

Kalbs, Crashedup and *JAWS* like this.
  16. MasterMind

MasterMind Active Member

It was a nerf probably meant for speeders but this is the most used weapon for all the top defender and none of them could climb into the top 10. Now its impossible for any of them to reach a top 50.

I enjoy the nerf as a fixer im more likely to live. But the defender has always been too big, too slow, and a boat that requires minimal skill if you can get your team to charge with you.

But this nerf does reduce the quality of good defenders in the bay.

@YSL, Crashedup and *JAWS* like this.
  17. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Underpowered explosive canon
    https://replay.battlebay.net/RSNZJDLK#HTHQMPDK

Don't compare it to blast, just see how the thing stands on its own. It still a Strong weapon. I just lost my Half Hp in one flare explosive cycle. Legendaries will be a thing in 2-3 months, i think all all players might have it.Please stop complains about nerfs, this UPDATE is prob. Best one. Free legendaries, Improved guild quests, we got all we asked for..
    Screenshot_20180219-002631.png

Last edited: 18 Feb 2018
    A55A51N and The Otherguy like this.
  18. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

Yeah of course it's still stronger than Blast cannon damage wise, because the damage wasn't nerfed. It's the cool down and range.

And also bad example, has any shooters have any real issues with cool down of weapons?

And this is an Explosive Cannon nerf thread, not "worst update thread".

19. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Ahhh then i will advice you the same you advised me, Suck it Up!

20. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    :p:p:p maybe it will nerf u two.