1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Evolving rules

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by mwidjaja, 25 Aug 2017.

1. mwidjaja

mwidjaja Member

I just realized if I evolve item with another T1 item on certain level (e.g. T1L3), the level is not added to the evolved item. I wasted sugar and most importantly parts. What will happen if my additional item is already on T2, if I evolve a T2 with T2, will I get T4 or just T3?

The Otherguy likes this.
  2. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

You will only get a T3 item. Don't level up duplicates that you plan to use as evolution items. Sorry you had to find out the hard way, but at least you know now!

3. Cpt. Sea Wasp [WASPS]

Cpt. Sea Wasp [WASPS] New Member

Are you running a load out with multiples of the same weapon? if so which weapon?

4. mwidjaja

mwidjaja Member

Alright, I hope it's smart enough to choose from the lowest Tier for evolution. I also heard the perks will be gone and not get integrated without asking. That's pretty serious flaw.

5. mwidjaja

mwidjaja Member

Yeah, I do have some duplicates on cannon, napalm. Like others, sometimes I want to try on running dual weapon, then thinking might be better to get one with bigger tier.

6. Cpt. Sea Wasp [WASPS]

Cpt. Sea Wasp [WASPS] New Member

I'm really big on variety. I don't run two torpedoes (pick your poison) I run a swift but I supplement that was a railgun. I'm a sucker for napalm but I have the luxury as a shooter. There are three weapons I feel should only be ran by shooters; that's mines, the railgun, and napalm. Any other boat needs to focus on cool down. again they don't have the luxury of 8 plus slot point for red.

7. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Napalm works really good on fixer as it's a support ship.

Speeders can be pretty sneaky with mines as they can cover the entire map quickly and lay them in strategic areas and railgun works for them also as they are darting around a lot and can avoid getting hit during cool down

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 likes this.
  8. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    I think in the beta, leveling up was completely different, and I know that in the beta, evolving a t3 epic with a t3 epic got you a legendary. @yellowocean @P0rthos @BITTERSTEEL ? You played beta. How was it back then?

9. Miika

Miika Game Lead

You needed maxed out T3, plus 3 x T3 as material to evolve to legendary. It was never used nor really meant to be used either. It acted more like a teaser of legendary items.

The Otherguy likes this.
  10. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

Do we have to remove the perk before evolving up the item?

11. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

no lol, unless you are talking about removing the perk from the item you want to be combined.
    Wait let me word that better lol.
    The item that is going to be used to evolve the weapon should not have any perks, otherwise they would dissappear. However, on the main item ur evolving, all perks can stay

Joey who and Crashedup like this.
  12. mwidjaja

mwidjaja Member

Apparently it's not that smart. It chose an item with a perk for evolving, making me lost the perk as I have no place to put

13. BITTERSTEEL

BITTERSTEEL Well-Known Member

When it changed, everyone was unhappy. So was I. Looking back on it now, it was a nightmare.

Every rarity had an xp amount, that you fused into an item to level it. You could fuse up to 10 or so items at once.

But fusing duplicates of the items you were levelling, or "fusion items," (training cannon, nuts and bolts, epic horn, or jingle bells - you can still see these around rarely) would add to a combo bonus (+3% per duplicate/training item, up to 150% bonus xp in one fuse). Since combo bonuses applied to one fuse only, you would have to wait for weeks, stocking up random duplicate commons, unconmons, and training items, just to fuse everything at once.

The problem was that your storage could only accommodate one item that you planned to level. I like this system because all the training resources (power cells, parts) work on every item; you don't have to waste space on duplicate items that apply bonus to only one item.

Also, the evolving system was weird. To get to T2: one maxed out T1 and one T1. To get to T3: One maxed out T2 and two T2's. (T3 was the max.)

1301.PNG
    The nostalgia is crazy. So many memories come up when looking through my old screenshots.

14. Syla5

Syla5 Active Member

Just to confirm a point as I don't think it's actually been mentioned. You cannon use a t2 or above item as part of the evolve cost for another. You must have a t1 item to pay the cost. So you can't accidentally use your t2 items during evolves.

You can lose perks if you have them stored on t1 items however.

15. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Evolution chooses the items in the order you have them in your inventory. If there are no duplicate items in the inventory then it picks them in order from the ships. This logic allows you to control which item is chosen without any extra UI but the main flaw is that it's not told anywhere in the game.

We're looking at improving this hopefully at some point so that if you have multiple duplicate items it would allow you to explicitly choose which one to use.

16. disorder

disorder Active Member

got an ask about evolving
    => when your item is T5 lvl 50 (example a rare) => is it the maximum, or can we evolve it to epic?

17. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Not anymore.

disorder likes this.
  18. mwidjaja

mwidjaja Member

Thanks, good to know. So I should just switch the position of the duplicates.

The Otherguy likes this.
  19. mwidjaja

mwidjaja Member

Got another surprise that I need 2 duplicates for evolving T4 to T5. It seems devs needs to know basic math that 5=4+1 not 4+2. Just another example of unbalance in the game despite of devs think so much of balancing it.

Last edited: 27 Aug 2017
  20. Syla5

Syla5 Active Member

That's not really a surprise, it's the final evolution stage and so it's made a little bit harder. You will also have a long time before your crew have the talents to push to t5 so plenty of time to hunt for the item.

The Otherguy likes this.