1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Every Shot Counts Balance Update

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by HARPO!, 30 Apr 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Are you serious? C'mon! Why would anyone want easy battles? I fought T Pro yesterday and she destroyed me like I was using a paper boat. You know what? I Ioved, I can't wait to face her again to try to get my revenge. Of course she'll a sink me again, and again, and again, and again, but when I sink her, it'll be awesome :p

A55A51N and Shadow Moon! like this.
  2. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    Like guys at 3400 and down at 2900, they have the gear to face me.

3. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

Well I’m gonna do the double Tesla shield build
    Yeah that is a good point, it’s just that I have sunk people like t pro. Renegades players. Demon Hunters. Reborn........X and others. Just to name names. But honestly I’d rather have a fair fight

TheAntiSnipe and The Otherguy like this.
  4. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Alright. You asked me
    And i answered that. And i said that your ideas, not you necessarily, are idiotic. You seem to have an obsession, that skill somehow isn’t relevant. So your ideas about ”making skill relevant” are idiotic IMO.
    Flying Douch Man is still playing, and so is Grey Storm, and Douch still makes videos. And seriously, Bunta quit months ago! How is that relevant, when it happened at frost nerf! If a youtuber quitting the game half a year ago means that the game is dead, then we have different definitions of that phrase. I would define the game being dead when there’s
    1) Absolutely no community or communication
    2) Lack of players
    3) No updates for 6+ months
    Neither one of those apply to BB. Of course that’s only my opinion. People start playing and people quit playing, that’s just normal (even youtubers are people you know). I myself have quit the game some years back but reinstalled it later. And for that matter, i don’t think that i’ll be playing this game forever, i dare to say that nobody wil.

Please now, I HAVE NEVER IN ANY COMMENY SAID THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO SPEAK! EVERYBODY HAS TO HAVE AN UNDISPUTED RIGHT TO SAY WHATEVER THEY WANT. YOU CAN SAY WHATEVER YOU WANT, SO CAN I AND EVERYBODY ELSE!
    Now if that is clear, i’ll move on and hope that you or nobody else won’t accuse me of violating perhaps the most important right a person has.

I don’t know what you’re talking about. I don’t see any major flaw in the matchmaking, i don’t see this game being all about cash and no skill required, i don’t see support class being somehow worse than attacking class, i don’t see the need to nerf any weapons (exept sniper’s crit chance up close). So i don’t know, even though i have more experience in this game (played first time 2,5 years ago in beta, now i have played for the last 1,5 years in a row, Nightmare for the last 8 seasons, record infamy 4464, completely f2p and i still have 2 maxed out t5 epics).
    So now say what you want, and i’ll try to give you a clearly written example about it!

5. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

Listen I know that they continue to make videos but when BUNTA and Grey Storm stared to do other games like Fortnite, it got way more views ad likes than their battle bay streams. Even YSL.
    Douchman literally just created a video about the game being dead and told us why.
    Also, saying what I say is idiotic is still calling my idea idiotic. Which in the long run, is calling me and idiot. And then you don’t support your “idiotic claim” with facts. Sound familiar?
    Hey good for you for getting to Nightmare league as a F2P, but it was easier back then because the game was more balanced, now it’s a leggy tier five epic frenzy. People used to get to nightmare league by having tier five rares and Tier 3 epics being the leggys of the time. I’ve been playing this game for a long time too, off and on, and I’ve noticed a huge change.
    Also, I never asked you to be rude and demeaning in your response to me and talk down to me like I’m a stupid little kid. I’ll trll you I’m not. And if you want proof you non-believer I’ll give it you.
    I will remind you again, I never said anything about the game being all weapons, obviously I know it’s about skill too because of my infamy and ship, in obviously know something.
    Plus, I know that every game doesn’t get played forever, it’s nist that this game is too young to die. SOMEONE MAKE A MEME! I’m just trying to make any posts that might be a good idea, you just hate mine.
    Very rude. Especially to someone who’s going through a lot right now in his life. Think before you say.

6. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

I don't want to participate to any of that personal stuff being discussed here. Just sharing my opinion about the topic.

In my opinion matchmaking is working totally fine as it is. If you are constantly facing "tougher" opponents who have higher gear it simply means you have reached your limits and the matchmaking is doing good job for not letting you climb any higher. Since all you would get is even tougher matches and less fun for you correspondingly. If you are able to stay in the said 3,7k range, it means you aren't losing more battles than you win or you would go down again. So the battles you get at that level are fair (both sides have equal chance to win) - you stay there with your skill and some others may stay there with their gear. It doesn't matter how you got there or what gear or level you have - the most important thing is you both have equal chance to win a random battle. And that is clearly happening already.

I hope I don't have to repeat all those very basic arguments of what would happen if matchmaking was mainly based on gear score. All those Mk3 ships could just battle each other all the way up to reach nightmare?

What comes to this game "dying", I prefer to agree with @A55A51N's three-piece definition earlier. Of course I agree that new fresh content is constantly needed to keep players happy, but updating matchmaking system isn't on my personal wish list.

7. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

Yeah I guess you’re right @Sifa, thank you for telling me nicely. I’m just upset because the game has changed so much. And I don’t see many mk5’s at the 3700 infamy range like there used to be. I’m just trying to bring the game to allow more players to get into Nightmare so the problem that some nightmare players have, where there aren’t enough people to compete with, can be solved.

8. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

It's just that there's far too few people who want to go to NML in a mk5 now. The weapon levels and gear strength needed to get to NML nowadays(unless youre a fixer) almost necessiatates a captain level of 39-40. This means that the sweet mk6 is already in range for most! If the choice is given, who won't like going to NML in a mk6?

9. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

Yeah true, I just want it to be back to the old way. But I guess it’s fine. It’s just that so many people want to make it as a mk5, but that doesn’t work though. Not anymore sadly.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  10. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Simply not enough HP. I have tried, but 4k is nothing to ships who can take 2k away in a single shot.

11. DarkImmortal

DarkImmortal Active Member

I think that all players should be like you, play for a couple of months then quit and come back
    :), so there will not be a gap between players that play continuously vs players that take a break

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  12. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    The infamy system has different "standards" now, because all players have gotten better gear, which means you need to have better gear now to have the same infamy as before.

13. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

Like who me? Yeah I do that just to wait for the next update.

14. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

Which is impossible to get unless you pay. Because even though you can play the matchmaking system like a b******, and I know how to, look at my gear if you are friends with me. #WBXVCFLX, it still doesn’t happen as fast as you want it too, because you still find people with that tier 5 everything epics, double tier five epics, and legendaries that can be tiered. Nightmare league is no place for rares anymore. People who have them, are scrapping them and upgrading to epics. I hate that because now the game HAS become pay to win. Cause no matter how good you are, my tier four rare on can get me moving, but not fast enough. And whenever there is a ship with better gear, I can outmaneuver them up to a certain point, they are bound to land a shot that will easily take away half of my health.

15. ryanllts

ryanllts Active Member

nerf cannons is buffing yellow boats.... i guess that is what he is playing

16. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

Yellow boats use cannons. I use cannons too, they hurt like crazy. And can 2/3 shot people. The game has killed off the idea and possibility of mk5’s coming into Nightmare League.

17. DarkImmortal

DarkImmortal Active Member

FYI @HARPO! , I reached NML with 6k4 battles and an MK5 Shooter, and I am now staying in NML after upgrading to MK6.

Before:
    received_10204240952979356.jpeg
    After:
    Screenshot_2018-05-01-09-27-00-574_com.rovio.battlebay.png .
    Yeah, that is the reason why you are behind others :)

Another thing, I am 100% F2P, so stop saying that players need to pay to get to NML. If you don't want to pay, you MUST PLAY !

Last edited: 1 May 2018
  18. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    When i got to NM i only had 1 t2 epic. Rest were 4 t5 rares and 3 t4 rares. By your logic about it being harder now, i should have dropped back to Ace 1 because my items weren’t good enough, because skill doesn’t matter (i am saying this only because it’s your opinion from earlier threads WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN and the New league, if you have changed it, then good).
    In my opinion, calling ideas idiotic isn’t calling the person idiotic. If that’s how you see it, then sorry.
    I also apologize if i did make a claim, please tell me what exactly and i’ll say something to support it.
    And yes, i don’t like your ideas, because in my opinion the game is fine as it is. There is just a need for new content, but that should be fast.

ElMataC likes this.
  19. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

Alright when did I say that players need to pay to get to Nightmare League?

20. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Guys, if this thread stays as ugly as it is right now it will be locked up pretty soon.
    Lets keep it constructive!

A55A51N likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.