1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Every Shot Counts Balance Update

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by HARPO!, 30 Apr 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

;)

HARPO! likes this.
  2. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

You need to play better then. You being 2 3 shot is all your fault and not your opponents.

A55A51N likes this.
  3. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    Because a torpedo is a bomb traveling underwater. A cannon is just metal being shot. In real life that is. So in a real naval battle, (my family is a military one and my brother is in the navy) cannons are able to keep pecking down the ships health. They aren’t supposed to deal a crap ton of damage. A torpedo though in real life completely blows up ships. Really hurts them.
    I think that cannons and mortars should be paired together. Reg cannon with standard mortar dealing little amounts of damage. Ballpark with ex cannon, Berta with blast for a huge hit, and sniper with long range. But don’t make the op weapons like the cannons super overpowered. Cause now the game is fire cannon spam.

I know they are very reliable, I’m just saying that the game is now all cannons with fire, frost is gone. Cannons are way harder to dodge than a torpedo.

Plus, ex cannon is the big torp of cannons.

4. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Mk5 enfo at 3k infamy here. I have 3,200 health, and most of the people I fight are mk6 and 7s with multiple t4 and 5 epics. Mines and Big torps one-shot me. ExCs ussally two-shot me. Blast cannons 2 or 3 shot me, without fire. So I don't let them hit me. I stay behind cover, use my OB and tesla shield, and NEVER let more than 2 people at MAX have a line of sight.
    Cannons do not need nerfed. Niether do mines, torps, mk6s, mortars, or t5 epics.
    (Firebomb can be annoying, so I say buff the prediction software)

Hazimi and HARPO! like this.
  5. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

Bro I’m a mk5 at 3700 infamy. About to get to nightmare. Except I’m going up against people who have sniper cannons that do 2200 damage, and fire blast mk7 speeders that always target me because I’m a mk5 and they do 3k damage. 2000 with the cannon, and the flare does an extra 1000.

The Otherguy likes this.
  6. Hazimi

Hazimi Active Member

Yeah, and that is why he want other weapon except his to be nerfed.

I disagree with the opinion that certain weapon (in this thread maybe its cannon) is op. Its just that some weapon just have its own advantahes and disadvantages. For example, blast cannon, like help i cant swin said, maybe more reliable and accurate but to use this weapon you need to be in closer combat because its range and that expose you to be shot by the entire enemy team if you do not position yourself carrfully. On the other hand, big torp have a significantly higher damage compare to blast cannon (including the Area damage it might cause) but the downside of using this weapon is it is harder to have a hit since it have slower speed and big torp could be used for short and long range weapon ( i know this because i use 2 big torp when i still use shooter).

So the bottom line, in my opinion, everything depend on your playstyle and which kind of advantages that a weapon could bring to suit your playstyle. Every player should consider the advantages and disadvantages an item could bring to suit their playstyle. And finally, there is a counter measure for every playstyle, which is fine cause thats what makes you a better player.

7. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Talk about real life? This what speeders do in real life.They don't fire torps or canons lol
    unnamed (52).gif

8. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

So what do you expect from end game players? Just because your boat is weak their guns should do less damage? You already maxed out your infamy cap wait and get mark upgrade.

9. The Otherguy

Tech support
    Then you hit your skill wall. Just becuase you can't beat them doesn't mean it's OP. You WILL reach a level at which you won't be able to progress, and thats okay.

10. The Otherguy

Tech support
    Really?! My level 40 epic swift torp does 1140 and my Sinklair is almost t5.

11. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

Listen I understand and know everything about your post and how my weapons affect my gameplay. I also don’t use that setup anymore. Plus, I also think mines do need a nerf too. I use cannons now and I see the damage they do. Frankly I like it. But it makes no sense that ships just disappear with 2 or 3 cannon shots.

12. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

Right, because I can’t beat a guy that has tier three leggys it’s not op and I suck at the game.
    i expect a fair match. Mk5’s and then when someone reaches a league point, put them with the next mk of ships

13. The Otherguy

Tech support
    Weapons are nothing without skill. Just becuase you can't beat them doesn't mean they're op, but niether does it mean you're a noob.

A55A51N and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  14. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I know that skill is a requirement people!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m just saying that no matter how much skill you have with those tier four rares and weak epics that you’re trying to build, they have a limit to what they can’t do, and they just don’t match up to other people who hav heavier cannons.

Whatever it takes whether balancing the weapons in the game or making the matches more fairer even if it means that i have to wait for 10 minutes to get a fair match. I will do it. Because it’s will be way more fun then not being able to contribute, and then when trying, getting targeted by being the only mk5 and loosing half of your health to levels 45+ players.

15. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

You DO remember that the oldest of naval battles were ACTUALLY FOUGHT WITH CARRONADES AND CANNONS WITH EXPLOSIVE SHOT? Those things used to... *Pardon my language* *cough* ships up!

16. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

You are missing the point my friend.
    Infamy vs Skill / Gear balances.
    The guys at your infamy are there because that is where they belong, whether that be through skill or overpowered gear.
    If you wanted to face only people with average gear at your infamy, then their skill would be a lot higher and still be hard to defeat as they have earned that infamy with that gear.
    Similarly some guys have less skill than you, but their high end gear has carried them to your infamy zone.

17. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Look, I feel you. We're from the same league, and have the same passion for going off-meta. I'll tell you something tho.

Torps for me are not something I'll ever use. You've seen me with torps, and I'm pretty confident I can go toe to toe with Eeyore in terms of accuracy with those bad boys. Not many people can talk as big as this AND back it up, but I think you know me too well.

The reason I don't use them, the real reson why no speeder wants to use them nowadays after the frost nerf, is that the torps, in a speederfight, are USELESS. If I were to compare, it feels like using a longsword in a gunfight. Frost damage was something that kept that disadvantage at bay. But yeah, that's my reason.

HARPO! and The Otherguy like this.
  18. The Otherguy

Tech support
    I get were your coming from. It's more fun losing to people with more skill than to people with better weapons.

What's Up Player and HARPO! like this.
  19. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

LMAO
    download.jpg
    Real life frost launcher :p

Last edited: 30 Apr 2018
  20. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

So have I, so why would his/hero’s skill be more if we are at the same infamy level with the same weapons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.