1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Events not even.... not even close

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Grand Admiral V, 7 Jul 2018.

1. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Why are we even talking about infamy on this thread?

Infamy plays no part in this event matchmaking. Infamy was only ever used a the last tie breaker for the early events. Even in those early events, it was never a big issue as it rarely got down to needed to use a last tie breaker.

You should be talking about gear score difference.

xArrogance and What's Up Player like this.
  2. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Xryn and Akagi have 110 consecutive wins. Totally balanced.

- Oskar - likes this.
  3. Spongeboat

Spongeboat Well-Known Member

My side was also over matched most of the time, but I keep telling myself "one more match". But after I met these guys, Screenshot_20180707-123654_Battle Bay.jpg I immediately took it as a sign to stop playing.
    I ain't dealing with those T5 leggy bs.

4. nzouF

nzouF Member

@op I really like that t5 triple torp of yours, how much damage do you do to fishes and walls with that ?
    Setups are really important in duels/2v2, you can't expect winning if you can't burst damage or crowd control properly.

Last edited: 7 Jul 2018
    Aether_Zero likes this.
  5. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

In my opinion, the fact thay they have so many wins is irrelevant and is not proof either way about whether the matchmaking is balanced or not .
    Events are matched by gear score, and so it is how skilled you are compared to others with the similar gear score. Whereas infamy is dynamic and increases/decreases until you reach a 50% win rate, gear score is fixed and so if you're initially strong for your gear score, you'll always be strong relative to your gear score .
    I'm not sure how good Akagi is, but it is known that Xryn is extremely strong for his gear score. I'd probably be more likely to suspect that matchmaking was unbalanced if Xryn didn't have a high win ratio.

Shadow Moon! and StrictSalmon307 like this.
  6. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they've been gaming the system. It's hard to believe that a team can win that many games without being match with any strong team.

7. Exploxion

Exploxion Member

Agree

Mr. Patel and BasedCarpen like this.
  8. super_sonic181

super_sonic181 Well-Known Member

I won 25/30 battle

9. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

20180707_034317.png
    20180707_034249.png

It's possible that they may be using a few rares and T1 legs to lower their gear score 1 to 2k (assuming they have the option of using max epics), but, having played them, they're also using a good strategy for 2v2 - stun one, kill the other. So, I can promise you they're matching good teams - they're just beating them.

Last edited: 7 Jul 2018
    StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  10. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

I'm fairly certain that's Xryn's best gear.
    I may be wrong, but i don't think he has gear that could raise his gear score by 1k to 2k

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  11. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Thanks. I edited the tone .. I have no idea what they normally play with and didn't mean to imply that I did - merely that it was possible. Although, the main point was that they're using a favorable strategy more than relaying on some form of gear score manipulation to win.

YerJokinArnYer likes this.
  12. BasedCarpen

Sorry but this is bull crap. They're sitting in capture using stun and Tesla shield and facing mostly underpowered opponents.

Yomama! likes this.
  13. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

You’re entitled to your opinion (that you’ve chosen to express in rather colourful language), but that’s all it is at the moment as you’ve produced no evidence to back it up.

Last time I checked, capturing and using stun and Tesla shield were perfectly valid moves.

We’ve already established that Xryn is using pretty much his best gear and Akagi’s GS of 11218 is very high (I won’t claim to know whether he’s using his best gear, as I just don’t know), so it’s not as if they’re dropping gear score to get more favourable matches and bully noobs. They’ve filled all of their perk slots. I’m really not sure how you think it’s not fair.

The advantage they have is that they’re skilled players using gear that’s good for the event, and that they’re fleeting together.

If you can produce evidence that (over a sequence of matches) they’re facing a series of weaker opponents then I’d consider revising my opinion. But at the moment, I’ve neither seen or heard anything which makes me agree with your opinion. Innocent until proven guilty.

Personally, I do believe that being able to choose your fleet partner is a significant advantage, but it’s not against the rules.

14. BasedCarpen

Again I think the fact top level people can win 110 matches in a row while ace Mk5 and mk6s all complain about being mismatched and losing 15 to 20 matches in a row would say to anybody with an ounce of reasoning ability something is wrong. But I'm probably wasting my time explaining this to you as you would agree with anything as long as the devs did it, it's almost creepy and cult like the way some of you fall in line.

Yomama! and Wargle like this.
  15. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

I asked for evidence, not insults. :(

What's Up Player likes this.
  16. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

Well if that's their setups, then it's still an amazing feat that they can win that many in a row. Since their gears were so strong, they don't see an even match opponents that often. Even when they see even battles, it was probably hard for 1 ship to break 3 TSs.

I faced double enfos a few times but didn't notice if it was them. I won some and lose some. My partner carried 3 ECs and I carried 2 and missiles so we counter it fairly decent. 2 snipers, carro, and flare for the other 4 weapons.

17. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

Most of my guild are pretty even with me, so I found it surprising they get pretty evenly matched teams in this event and are often even the biggest boat in the battle when they go solo or fleeting with one another lol I on the other hand am regularly the only mk5 and consistently have 2k or more lower gear
    When they fleet with me they’re amazed lol 1D894B1D-2F05-45E1-B59E-6C3D9A48333D.png 1DB3B5FC-52B9-43F6-9F9C-90B049714AE2.png B5B97AA3-A0E0-4ECF-AEB4-85D030A6B6A9.png 3CB336E1-7BD8-457E-AD89-FCFC4D6D6D71.png 82729DDF-1A64-49D5-837F-BFC4D8881A4E.png
    They don’t fleet with me anymore lol at least not in this event
    Did I upset some one from Ravio? Lol
    Yes I know I was horrible in that match lol

18. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Member

It’s very frustrating cause it’s like the events are designed for the top end players, the NM leaguers, they keep getting matched against players weaker than them, therefore racking up perks and getting even stronger, I’m in the low 3k inf with a bunch of rares, no leggys, I understand every now and then getting matched against them but not back to back to back... Why I don’t get matched against weaker players to have the same opportunities to develop my weapons like them?
    It all started 3 events ago, last event was just unplayable, the 1st day I gave it a really good try, the 2nd day tried 3 battles and stopped playing it, got fed up with the unfair matchmaking. This is going the same way

BasedCarpen and Yomama! like this.
  19. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

IIRC the Devs have indicated that Infamy is used by EventMatchmaker(tm) as an input to balance sides after all participants are selected. That was just 2 events ago (just prior to the 1v1).

*JAWS* likes this.
  20. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg :( seriously lol wtf my mk5 with measly 6.2k gear score in matches consisting of all mk6 boats with 9.5-10k gear score lol I'm going insane! I didn't do horribly in this example but more often then not every one else doubles my score lol I'm not competitive at all
    This is an extreme example but, not a one off, tho most matches I'm only outweighed by 2k gear score matches like this are regular
    No wonder my guild mates won't fleet with me in this event lol