1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Eventful times! Post your ideas here

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by FirnenAhead, 23 May 2018.

1. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Tournament mode: you always start on the same map. If you win, you get put on the next map in the sequence, against a team that also won the first one. Rewards increase as you get further. (It would have to be capped to 3-5 maps to prevent wait times from getting out of hand)

Bradley Thorinsson likes this.
  2. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    How about one where the capture point is larger and the capture gauge doesn't reset when you're shot? With respawning of course.

3. I'm On A Boat

I'm On A Boat New Member

Weather effects: varying winds and weather conditions mess with the battle. Wind may make your shots sail, fall short, or curve (especially with mortars and EC); adjust accordingly. Seas may be flat or extra rough, based on winds. Catch a wave too hard, you capsize (no credit for your death, just out of the match for a bit). Include some lightning in the storms; can blind/disorient everyone for 5 seconds or so. Rain dampens fire and reduces duration/damage, wind enhances it and may cause napalm to spread a little bit. Rough seas affect torpedo paths a little bit.

Also, maybe make a way for the speeders to do trick shots (ramping waves and hitting a target while in the air, but if speeder gets hit by a carronade in air he explodes like a clay pigeon that got hit by a shotgun.

And last but not least: bumper boats. No weapons, you just have to plow into people and sink them that way.

PastelPiku likes this.
  4. PastelPiku

Security
    Nitro op lol

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  5. Fixer sa Recto

Fixer sa Recto Well-Known Member

I'll post my idea again here:

Mind me i’ll express my idea in 10,000 gear score just to visualize.

It's a rip off of dragon nest zombie mode.

Event - Shark Attack! (5v5)
    • Everyone spawns in random part of the map (not only on two spots)
    • Upon starting 1 random ship turns into a SHARK with 50,000HP. All items will be replaced by 3 skills below
    Skill/Items:
    Bite (1000 damage [dependent on Gear Score Range], 5s CD),
    Stealth (Hides from view underwater and only dorsal fin visible, 20s CD, 5s Duration). Cannot be damaged by projectiles only by torps.
    Boost (50% speed increase, 15s CD, Duration 5s)

Rules:
    • Killed ships turn to sharks with fixed 10,000 HP and the 3 skills.
    • Sharks need to kill everyone or turn everyone to sharks to win.
    • Ships win if at least 1 ship survive or killed all the sharks.
    Killed sharks are out.

Feel free to revise.

Cheers!
    - HOT•Pandesal

@The Grim Repair

Last edited: 31 May 2018
    PastelPiku and The Grim Repair like this.
  6. I'm On A Boat

I'm On A Boat New Member

Offset by a factor that you do a little damage to yourself based on how hard you hit the enemy boat and what you hit (ram a defender head on, and it's like hitting a brick wall in a Corvette. Hit one with an epic nitro boost, and it's like hitting said wall at 100mph. You might well take out the wall, but you're gonna be a mangled wreck yourself).

PastelPiku likes this.
  7. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I think it’d be quite fun do odd team numbers. Like 3v2, 5v1 etc...

Where you have lots or smaller lower ranked ships, against 1 or 2 big ships.

It might be difficult to balance, but it might also be easier if there is no necessity to find 10 players. We’ve played these games in custom quite a lot, and they can work quite well.

Last edited: 31 May 2018
    StrictSalmon307 and PastelPiku like this.
  8. PastelPiku

Security
    The valiant return of the B.I.T.E.R.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  9. Fixer sa Recto

Fixer sa Recto Well-Known Member

hahaha yeah.
    there should be sound effects “dun dun dun dun dun....” whenever the sharks come close by

Last edited: 1 Jun 2018
    PastelPiku likes this.