1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Epic Container fail

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by envylife, 13 Dec 2017.

1. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

After seeing several people post their fairly decent epic container openings, getting 3 epic items, including shiny new epic snipers and blast canons (I have neither), and other nice stuff, etc so I got excited and decided to give it a shot.....and....

..............Drum roll...................and I got the minimum the container guarantees, except for a few extra power cells, literally. My guaranteed epic item was a repair box, and I'm not even a fixer. My legendary piece was blue even though I was hoping for a red because I'm at 6 pieces. That's par for the course... the RNGods still hate me.

So today turned out to be a massive scrapping day.. almost every item received was scrapped, and all items received from pieces also scrapped, because do I really need a 20th and 21st rare bandage (no epics mind you)... or a 15th rare lube? At least that 3900 pearls refilled my stocks of rare cells and epic parts. Don't get me wrong, I've been in desperate need of cells for 2 solid months, so that's great. I kept the epic repair as a memoir... maybe the RNGods are telling me to give up my career as a Shooter and become a Doctor? Sure... but first buff that Fixer, RNGods... buff the fixer.

2. Tirth2_

Tirth2_ Well-Known Member

One of those very few people who aren't mad at getting power cells.

Though Epic Container is massive, wasn't there anything you wanted in it? :p

ScrapKing and The Otherguy like this.
  3. envylife

Correct... nothing I could actually use as a shooter except a couple weapons I already had enough of. 2 rare bandages (I already have 6, scrapped literally 10 others), rare lube (does anyone actually use it? I've scrapped at least a dozen), rare mine (never use it), rare std shield/tesla bolt/healing bolt/frost blaster/repair box (all not useful for a shooter), rare missle, rare sniper. It's the worst selection for a shooter that one could put together except for the last two items. I need epics of pretty much everything, and I don't think the 9 epic pieces built me anything... yet. It is what can and will happen on an RNG game.

4. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

Don't pay for those things, I used to buy some pearl deals, not worth it. The RNG is rigged to give you crap you don't need. BUT, if you get that many pearls just by playing then you might as well buy one I guess.

5. Tirth2_

Would have loved to see what u got by scrapping them!
    Parts and power cells !!! :p

6. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Did you evolve your bandages before scrapping them?

7. Earel

Earel Active Member

In this game u got many ways how spend a pearls.

8. envylife

To me rare power cells are far more valuable on keeper items than to scrap because I get so few of them. I've done the calculations for uncommon and the return is highly questionable. What's the benefit of evolving and scrapping a rare?

9. envylife

9 rare items scrapped resulted in :
    14 rare power cells, 1231 rare parts
    5 rare red pieces, 3 rare blue pieces, 3 rare yellow pieces
    15 epic parts
    1 legendary power cell, 4 legendary parts

Useful stuff but was that worth 3900 pearls? Not sure

10. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Scrapping level 11 rare gives 5 powercells and 5 pieces. So instead of getting 2 powercells and 2 pieces from 2 bandages, you could've had 5 powercells and 5 pieces from 1 level 11 bandage but then again, you have to invest 10 in it first but at least it gets you half way there towards next rare.

The Otherguy and FirnenAhead like this.
  11. Tirth2_

I don't know it was worth it or not, but the stuff u got was equivalent to a lot of gold!
    Atleast rare parts were the best! 1.2k! :eek:

The Otherguy and vis1234567899 like this.
  12. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

yes but he scrapped 9 items, anyone can get that much but yes i need parts especially rare ones- i am trying to uplevel 3 items at once

13. Tirth2_

I don't get that much!

14. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

but u dont scrap so much, i do - about 6 -10 rare items and one epic item a week for me. i am free to play so i scrap anything just trying to get legendary pieces
    unfortuanately i scrapped two of those early in my career- both red pieces.
    i never get legendary pieces from raffle- just rare pieces which i dont like so i scrap to get legendary pieces

15. envylife

So it costs 5 power cells,plus some parts, plus some gold to get 3 extra rare pieces? That's definitely a net negative. Rare pieces are only 62k gold in the market, but the scrapping costs to get power cells is easy twice that.

16. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

I couldn't disagree more with you :D I've got 5 epic containers during my 7 months playing, one of them was terrible, with 2 epic duct tapes (the item I hate more), another one was amazing with an epic explosive cannon and its epic pieces gave another explosive cannon :D:D:D The other containers were okay, appearently random, not rigged at all.

17. SCOOTY PUFF Jr

SCOOTY PUFF Jr Active Member

I recently gave the rudder a good go, got one up to level 34 it's decent on a mk6 defender. Then thought I might as well give the lube a shot since the rudder was such a win. Turns out the lube is better than the rudder because it doesn't screw up your shots when you are trying to turn and move yet still spins the turret fast enough to make speeders go away

TheAntiSnipe and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  18. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Gear lube on a carro defender: You can't have a better anti-speeder, trust me.

19. SCOOTY PUFF Jr

SCOOTY PUFF Jr Active Member

I don't think I've tried it with the carro yet, I'll definitely have to give it a good run. I've been have great fun with napalm the last week

20. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Napalm+ex+flare is badass. Flare+napalm=extra excannon burn damage, more than just flare. So, you get area control, and if the opponents are in a hurry, flare them as they enter napalm and rip them apart with ex shots. Hell on wheels(or a single truck wheel, if we're being accurate)!