1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Enforcer Tips & Tricks

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by GenkiGamers, 14 Dec 2017.

1. GenkiGamers

GenkiGamers Member

Hey everyone, this is Kyle from Genki Gamers (YouTube.com/GenkiGamers).

I’ve recently hit Nightmare league (4,000 infamy) with my Mk5 Enforcer (Proof) using the following setup:
    • Level 40 Rare Sniper
    • Level 40 Epic Flare Gun
    • Level 30 Epic Swift Torpedo
    • Level 30 Rare Tesla Shield
    • Level 40 Rare Overboost
    • Level 20 Epic Bandage
    • Level 20 Epic Turbo

Now I am certain that I am not the best Enforcer out there, but I would be happy to share some Enforcer-specific tips that I’ve learned along the way.

Dance dance dance

This is perhaps one of the most commonly shared tips about Enforcer but it’s so important to know that I decided to repeat it here. “Dancing” is when you unpredictably stop and change directions in order to dodge enemy shots. While many people take this to mean you move back and forwards in rapid succession, the key principle is that you are difficult to predict and opponents end up firing at the wrong spot because they don’t know where you will be. Although every ship can do this to some extent, the Enforcer dominates at this skill due to its quick ability to accelerate and decelerate coupled with relatively strong resistance to hills created by waves. The amount of enemy shots you can avoid with this trick is ridiculous as it can be incredibly hard for opponents to predict your moves. Here’s an example of dancing in action: GIF

Know your role: Control

Like it or not, Enforcer is not designed to be the largest damage dealer of the team. However, the ship does excel at controlling the map better than any other ship due to its maneuverability and heavy emphasis on yellow items. The tesla bolt and frost items both provide fantastic support to your team by disabling enemy ships in one way or another. The tesla shield, nitro, and overboost all help you move your opponents around the map either by getting them to waste time chasing after you or to run away from your strength. While the specifics of map control expand way beyond what I could possibly cover in this post, it’s best to start considering your positioning and how your opponents respond to the different actions you take. And of course, get used to being able to quickly read the minimap. The information it provides is unbelievably valuable in determining where to move. Although the end-game results tend to reward damage dealers the most, always keep in mind that there are a ton of other factors that determine the winner of a match.

Take out Speeders

As just about everyone knows, a good enemy Speeder can absolutely wreck your team. Thankfully, the Enforcer is one of the best-equipped ships for taking out those pesky Speeders. Enforcers are great against Speeders for a number of reasons including:

1. Having up to 3 weapons compared to 2 on a Speeder

2. High turret agility along with decent ship agility in order to keep pace with Speeder’s trying to dash right around you

3. Decent mobility from overboost to chase after Speeders

Use these advantages to take out enemy Speeders, especially when they try to sneak up close to your teammates, as they often try to do. As a final note, don’t hesitate to use the “attack” command to point out any out of position Speeders trying to flank your team from behind. Often times, players are focused in front of them and may not see an enemy behind but a quick turnaround from a friendly Shooter can be all it takes to take down an enemy Speeder.

Use terrain to your advantage

Despite all the indirect nerfs to Enforcers lately, they still maintain one huge advantage over the other ships, and that is in the Enforcer’s ability to use terrain to its advantage. Unlike Shooters and Defenders, the Enforcer can use overboost (or nitro) to quickly reposition to whatever area of the map is most advantageous. This means taking cover behind rocks and walls against teams filled with straight firing shots, and going under rooftops against teams packing mortars. One of the most common ways I use terrain is to put myself behind cover and stick out barely enough so that only one of my opponents has a clear line of sight on me. GIF

Spacing

The Enforcer is typically not the best ship to be going head first and up close towards the enemy. Shooters tend to completely out damage you in a close-range fight while Defenders will often laugh off your damage. However, your ability to dance around shots allows you to excel in mid and long-range fights. I highly recommend fighting around the maximum distance of the weapons you use while focusing on improving your aim so that you can hit your opponents while they miss many of their shots onto you. It is important to internalize the appropriate distance you need to be from opponents and always be ready to move backwards when stronger opponents are trying to close the distance on you.

Innovate and develop your own style

Everything I’ve mentioned in this post has helped me reach my personal infamy goal. One area of Enforcer I haven’t talked much about is builds and that is because I truly believe that it is important for players to innovate and develop a playstyle that works best for them and their loadout. If you have powerful close-ranged weapons, go ahead and play aggressive. If your setup works best from a distance, use your mobility to take out opponents from afar. Despite limitations when it comes to weapon slot points at certain ship levels, the Enforcer is one of the most versatile ships with a number of different playstyles so play in a way that wins you the most games.

I know many people have been feeling that Enforcer isn’t in a strong place at the moment (especially at MK5 and with all the recent nerfs to yellow items) but hopefully these tips may help you improve your Enforcer-play. If you have any questions or other advice about Enforcers, I’d be happy to hear them.

I’ve created a video with more Battle Bay tips focusing on reaching nightmare league here: 10 Tips to Reach Nightmare League

2. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Nice work on getting to nightmare and great guide! :thumbs_up:

• Percy • and GenkiGamers like this.
  3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Awesome post, also, big fan of your content!

GenkiGamers and • Percy • like this.
  4. FunkyChicken

FunkyChicken New Member

Nice job! and great info

GenkiGamers and • Percy • like this.
  5. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

Great tips and great video! Nice to see some love for Enforcer every once in a while :D

Just a thing here. As you said in last point, some loadouts can be short and mid-range focused and 1vs1 against Shooters and Defenders with torps and mortars can work much better if you're right into them. It depends on each one's gameplay, but being close and running trough the enemies with our fast turret can be a life-saver :)

6. Zachiderp

Zachiderp Well-Known Member

I play the ship moderately well but to me it seems unfair that this ship takes so much skill to use and is horrendously punished for any mistake you make due to it's low mobility and hp. RNG has also been very unkind to me since most weapons I got were close ranged, which completely ignores a lot of your strategy(Blast cannon, Grenade and swift torp). I do really like your guide though

7. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    I got three epic swift torps... And too many snipers and an awesome grenade... I was fated! :D

8. TheAntiSnipe

Imma wait till lv40, I need the HP and time to get all the gear.

• Percy • and The Otherguy like this.
  9. • Percy •

• Percy • Well-Known Member

9th grader
    I WANT YOUR SWIFT TORPEDOES

The Otherguy likes this.
  10. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

Lol, I just got my third epic swift torp today, but I actually use them.

• Percy • likes this.
  11. GenkiGamers

GenkiGamers Member

Yeah, very true. The way I see it is that the ship has both a high skill floor and a high skill ceiling. It is pretty difficult to play compared to the other ships but it can also contribute a lot more than others when played well.

12. LimeOnMars

LimeOnMars Well-Known Member

Nice guide.

• Percy • likes this.
  13. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

What do you guys think about my Enforcer loadout?
    Screenshot_2017-12-18-14-42-52-288_com.rovio.battlebay.png

Edit: thanks for the tips, really good stuff here.

14. TheAntiSnipe

Are you a brawler support? If you are, this idea is something I was thinking about for some time. Using burns from the 'nades to score bonus damage with blasts. Nice. Also, that's a badass setup you have there.

15. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

That looks like a hard hitting setup with each weapon dealing some pretty burst damage. Also, try to upgrade that big shield just in case you get 2 point legendary weapon, as you will most likely use it on your speeder(as it can carry 2-point weapons unlike the enforcer), where a big shield will be better than a standard shield(unless the standard shield has more hp(without perks) than the Big shield).

16. What's Up Player

Thanks that's exactly how I want it to work.. still gotta get some better perks for grenade and blasts tho.

• Percy • likes this.
  17. What's Up Player

I'll do that thanks for the tip. I still hope to get one slot weapon. :D

• Percy • likes this.
  18. TheAntiSnipe

I'm studying enfo for future use, but I'm a grenade noob, so I have my hands off that ship for the moment. Love how it can run team support tho.

• Percy • likes this.
  19. LimeOnMars

LimeOnMars Well-Known Member

That is a sweet setup, bud.

Here is my mk5 enfo:

Screenshot_20171212-173337.png

20. TheAntiSnipe

That would just be a nightmare to deal with for the potential assassin speeder mate. Gotta try it out! (Except the grenade, of course, I'm disastrous at it).

• Percy • and LimeOnMars like this.