1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Enemies disappear during match

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by FalconXx99, 12 Jul 2017.

Tags:
  1. Miika

Miika Game Lead

One explanation is that there is also a minimum distance where you always see the opponent, call it a “hear distance” for example. If you are just on the opposite sides of the wall this comes into the play.

Because as I have been trying to explain the visibility is from ship to ship, not from camera to ship. Your camera is a lot higher than your ship, and it can see over the wall even when your ship can’t.

The system works very similarly than in some other games of this genre, like World of Tanks for example. It’s also very logical if you think of it. If your ship sees an enemy, you and your whole team sees him. And vise versa.

The visibility is symmetric between two ships, so if you don’t see anyone, nobody can see you either. This guarantees that in 1vs1 either none or both of you see each others. However yes in 1 vs many situation it is likely that they all see you but you can’t see all of them.

The Otherguy likes this.
  2. Spartacus

Spartacus Active Member

Thank you for your reply, questions:

1. "One explanation is that there is also a minimum distance where you always see the opponent, call it a “hear distance” for example. If you are just on the opposite sides of the wall this comes into the play."
    Are you saying that it is possible to see another ship when the ship-to-ship view is in fact blocked and no other "friendly" players have a view? If so, that is that distance? Am I understanding you correctly, that the original ship-to-ship view now has an exemption to the rule?

2. "Because as I have been trying to explain the visibility is from ship to ship, not from camera to ship. Your camera is a lot higher than your ship, and it can see over the wall even when your ship can’t."
    I understand what you are saying but for a player it is very strange to see a ship disappear in front of you (my view is camera), but then see them performing actions like dropping health boxes and initiating health pulses. Visually, it's very strange to not be able to see a ship (disappeared), while still simultaneously being able to see everything that the ship is producing (camera view). Imagine a first person shooter where the other character suddenly disappears, however, you can clearly see the muzzle blast from their rifle, it's visually confusing.

3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Well, there is that thing that third person shooters call the camera advantage, where you can peek over a wall without actually going over and looking and risking sniper fire. Anyway, man, tell me: are you sure it is not a scout case?

4. Spartacus

Spartacus Active Member

Yes, I’m sure. I also just watch one of my team members (I was out) get blasted with accurate fire from multiple opponent ships , all hidden by a mountain. Unless they were all reall great at guessing, and taken into account my own experience, I bet they had an indicator where he was. Oh well, this is what it is.

5. TheAntiSnipe

There is like a seven second rule to it. If you were spotted once, you would also be visible for about seven seconds after moving out of the line of sight

6. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Ships disappearing faster than Hillary's emails :(

7. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Its kind of annoying but now that I understand the reasoning behind it I use it to my advantage when I can. one levels like crash and burn as speeder I put my eyes on the enemy fleet and zip around distracting them while my team is hidden and in range.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  8. mannyfreshmf

mannyfreshmf New Member

I've seen ships disappear right before my eyes, with nothing in between. and to make things worse when my crosshairs move to look for another ship I see the blast from the invisible enemy....
    this is happening more and more and it's becoming pretty effing difficult to continue playing this game while clearly something is not right. and I feel it's gotten worse as soon as I entered the warrior league.

9. Teqm Warner

Teqm Warner New Member

Afternoon BB team. I've just read all the responses so far on the thread and agree that there is something wrong somewhere. It has been happening more frequently and is very annoying to say the least. Just an hour ago I was left fighting 2 shooters, myself on one side of the wall and those two on the other. I still received multiple cannon shots over the wall with no visible unfriends. I could see them from my camera view (yes, ship view was obstructed) over the wall until they disappeared which is when I was still taking hits. It's been happening for weeks now and ruining a great game. I've lost many battles due to it, please look into it further.

Many thanks

10. Miika

Miika Game Lead

You are commenting on behavior which is exactly what is to be expected. If you are alone behind a wall the enemies should be disappearing. They can still try doing blind shots though, especially with mortars.

Bugs are always possible but given the amount how much the game is played and how nobody have never been able to catch anything other than normal behavior on video is a very strong indication that it is not bugged.

11. mannyfreshmf

mannyfreshmf New Member

NO! with nothing in between they're just disappearing into thin air, and now I'm getting hit by mortars and torpedoes out of the blue. No target zone and no torpedoes visible. At first I thought I just wasn't seeing them but it's obvious that there's some BS going on. it seems it gets worst with the higher infamy I get

12. mannyfreshmf

mannyfreshmf New Member

I'm seeing
    • targets disappear before my eyes then literally land right in front of me. as is it was plucked from one spot and dropped in another.
    • I've gotten bombarded by various enemies I can't see, while they're clearly aiming at my ship.
    • I've been tracking enemies and then they disappear, my aiming goes haywire, enemy reappears and my aiming gets worse because my ship is attempting to track multiple disappearing ships.
    • I steer my ship into an area where there no enemies, then out of no where the whole other team appears locked on onto me, destroying my ship in seconds.
    I like the game but it gets pretty infuriating when that stuff happens. I'm sure I am not the only one seeing this happening

13. TheAntiSnipe

Oh, ya, i forgot. A few days ago, before da update, i crashed into a wall in dropdead(the tunnel near the metal chassis) and got stuck. I was boosting at the edge of the tunnel, btw. Please check collision, @Miika

14. Spartacus

Spartacus Active Member

So it's ship-to-ship, unless (according to developers) your in close proximity, even with a wall between you, is pretty inconsistent. I too have seen ships disappear before my eyes, or been targeted by the other team when there was no line of site between any of their ships and mine. I have sometimes seen a ship on the opposite side of a wall when my whole team was behind me, and then it disappears and reappears. I have been hit by torpedos that were not there moments ago. And my favorite, its the sporadic flying camera that randomly happens for about 5-seconds (in one of my videos on this thread). Now this last part is probably my paranoia, but somehow after starting these complains I have begun having abnormally large amounts of poorly paired matches with incompetent team members and floaters (which I have reported).

I love the game and the developers have been curious in their replies, but some of these issues are just really frustrating.

15. Spartacus

Spartacus Active Member

Here is another example of a bug. These guys were shooting each other point-blank for a while with no hit point reduction on one of the ships!!

Last edited: 5 Oct 2017
  16. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

I've seen the explanation but had this happen in games yesterday, I was shooting over a wall, they were in the open in clear sight and just winked out for a second, then came back.

17. mannyfreshmf

mannyfreshmf New Member

I thought I was the only one seeing these trends. I, too, have noticed an abnormally amount of poorly paired matches after I complain about something.
    I lost 700 infamy points in 2 days, lost more than 15 straight matches where. I wouldn't complain about things like t1hat but I've played almost 6500 matches and this is the first time this has happened to me. it just makes me wonder whether someone is manipulating these things.

18. GOD OF WAR...

GOD OF WAR... Member

I've been having the same issue but mine is a bit different, when playing enforcer frost and mortar, I'll lock on an enemy behind walls, when I frost the enemy with the frost luncher the enemy will suddenly disappear and after like 5 secs I'll be able to see him again frosted with the frost wearing out, why is that happening? I can't use the mortar if the frosted target disappears right after I've frosted him, please fix this

19. GOD OF WAR...

GOD OF WAR... Member

And it's happening almost all the time, the target will still be there if i don't use frost but once I use the frost on him and before following it up with mortar he will suddenly disappear, it's frustrating