1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Enemies disappear during match

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by FalconXx99, 12 Jul 2017.

Tags:
  1. FalconXx99

FalconXx99 New Member

I sick and tired of this bug. Every match enemies disappear right in front of me. I don't not have connection issues. And they are not hiding behind walls. I get shot while looking straight ahead with no one in front of me only to have them appear after. Distance is not the issue either. I know when they are to far away to see. But when my cannon highlights them only to disappear a few seconds later. This needs to be fixed!!!!

xBonk likes this.
  2. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Please try to capture videos of the situation when this happens for us to review. We are not aware of any such bug and have never seen it personally or through captured videos.

The Otherguy likes this.
  3. DenMasterX

DenMasterX New Member

I have had the exact same issue multille times...2 matches ago was in midle of 3 ships and sudde ly they vanished but i was getting multile circles and shots whole time...it is absolutely ridiculous

4. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Please post the battle tag of this battle so we can have a look at it.

The Otherguy likes this.
  5. Mamamyers

Mamamyers Well-Known Member

Loser
    This has been happening to me as well. I seen in another thread you said because of the distance. But I can literally see their weapons firing off right in front of me, and while they can see and shoot me I cant see anything but the weapon being fired. Its been happening worse and worse everyday.

6. Shooter@Bay

Shooter@Bay Active Member

Enemies are disappeared for the first 30 or more seconds also. In the match you can clear see at that distance, but in the first 30 seconds you cannot see. You can see fixer boxes in the first 30 seconds, but not the fixer. Will you call it also a bug. I think it is strategically done to make gameplay more interesting. Now, behind a rock: you don't which direction it may have taken.

In the last 1v1 match, you encounter this thing when both players are hiding behind a wall. Hiding can be done in multiple things: rocks, and waves. They can fire mortars, as they are just trying to get a lucky shot. How can you confirm that they are seeing you?

Is something happening like this: you are in the middle of two enemy ships very close (range of grenade!), without rocks and they disappear?

The Otherguy likes this.
  7. Miika

Miika Game Lead

There is no such rule. The logic is the same throughout the whole battle and the rules are quite simple:
    1. If one player in your team sees the enemy ship, all players in your team sees it.
    2. A player does not see a ship if it is outside of the maximum visibility range (30 units)
    3. A player does not see a ship if it is behind an obstacle. The visibility is determined from ship to ship, not from your camera to the ship. This is why a ship can disappear behind an obstacle even though you can see it with your camera.
    4. If the enemy ship is inside the minimum visibility range (5 units) it is always visible, even with obstacles between you.
    5. When the visibility to a ship is lost, it disappears after few seconds until it is seen again.
    6. Weapon effects (bullets, trails, mines, health boxes etc) are always visible, even from players who you don't see currently.
    7. Waves do not block visibility. Everything else does.

If you have a huge lag spike (several seconds) it is also possible that a fast ship comes behind the corner and shoots you and it only appears near you because the connection was not transmitting anything and the visibility packets didn't reach your client in time.

8. Rod

Rod New Member

I have the same problem

9. mannyfreshmf

mannyfreshmf New Member

this is happening more and more, and it's getting pretty old quick. at first it was enemies that were in the distance, they were shooting at me when I couldn't see them. not it is enemies within grenade range.

10. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    This only happens to me if there is any barrier in-between us, and only for a few sec. Is this what is happening?

11. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

I had ships disappearing because theyre behind a suitcase in crash n burn.

According to the devs this makes the game "fun"

The Otherguy likes this.
  12. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    It does. If I couldn't hide, I would die so much more quickly. If you can't hide, the bandage is basically use-less.

13. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

You would still be able to hide, just make it so you fall off radar

14. ID•IllIlIllI

ID•IllIlIllI Member

Next time you guys make a post introduce yourselves first like this;
    First of all, I'm a lv32 shooter at 3.6k infamy. I use dual snipers, big torp, missiles and standard mortar.

So we can think wether it's a noob question or a serious one...miika gets these posts a lot

15. Spartacus

Spartacus Active Member

I have gone above and beyond in trying to get them to acknowledge and fix this bug. This included 2 videos, marked-up stills, etc. Each time, they come back to me with "nothing is wrong x are obscuring your field of view". Unless I am crazy, it is so obvious that there is an issue here. I am attaching the video and photos, what do you guys think??

VIDEO #1

• 4-seconds
    • 11-seconds
    • 15-seconds
    • 39-seconds
    • 43-seconds

VIDEO#2
    <>
    • Beginning Bugs
    • 1:31 - Ships Disappear, however, you can see their muzzle-blast
    • You will notice the discolored water-jet trail following the ship

Attached Files:

16. Spartacus

Spartacus Active Member

Either they lack the technical ability to find and address the issue, or it's intentional denial since they don't want to spend the time/money on a fix. I would really appreciate it if they just said it rather than constantly insinuating that all of us have a perception problem, it's insulting.

mannyfreshmf and Joey who like this.
  17. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

New player or not I'm sure devs take the time to read all the posts in the bugs and issues subthread

18. Miika

Miika Game Lead

You are not crazy, but you are misunderstanding how the visibility system works. You see ships only if you or somebody else in your team has a direct line of sight to them, from ship to ship. It does not matter what your camera sees, the visibility is from your *ship' to their *ship*.

But lets go through these one by one:

Video #1 4 seconds: abt123 disappears because there is a huge wall between you and him, and he moves to a place where non of your team mates see him anymore either. You can still see other players behind him because your teammates see them.
    Video #1 11 seconds: Alpa chino disappears because he also moves out of sight from your team mates. You don't provide visibility because of the same huge wall between you two.
    Video #1 15 seconds: abt123 reappears because somebody saw him. I'm not exactly sure based on the video as I can't see it from other players point of view. You are still obscured by the huge wall.
    Video #1 39 seconds: abt123 disappears again because he moves deep enough into the area where your teammates don't see him, and you are still behind the huge wall blocking the visibility.
    Video #1 43 seconds: abt123 reappears because ed1001 drives out of the tunnel and acquires line of sight to him.

So, everything was perfectly normal behavior according to the rules of the visibility rules. The first video is also a prime example of why the rules are like that. If you wish to throw mortar shots safe from behind a cover somebody needs to be there scouting the ships for you.

The Otherguy and Miathan like this.
  19. Spartacus

Spartacus Active Member

Thank you for your reply, however, I have had hundreds of games including one 1-min ago that contradict that information. I was wall-to-wall with another ship firing over a short wall at each other. Both of us were stationary and could see each other. My entire team was behind me and could not see this player. All of a sudden, he disappears. Also, why can I see the center point of an invisible players health pulse? If this is “normal behavior” than it is so unusual to us as players, compared to our experience with other games that it’s creating a lot of confusion. Also, if what your saying is true, that my visibility of other players is highly dependent on other team members, than as the last player in the game, I’m pretty much screwed, I won’t see anyone but they can usually all see me.

20. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Clear case of speeder scouting. Did u see one player at least from the enemy team? Even if one of them sees you, the rest can as well