1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Down over 700 infamy since last update

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Shamus-6-6-6, 18 Oct 2017.

1. irnavy

irnavy New Member

[​IMG]

as i said i am doing exactly the same, i love this matchmaking system, i really love this issue, easy Penta kill and easy dmg done and easy guild quests
    i will stay in this infamy till i get mk5 shooter and mk5 speeder

Last edited: 2 Nov 2017
  2. irnavy

irnavy New Member

i have nothing to say while i see matches like this
    [​IMG]

even this system cant balance matches
    let's check we have
    mk5 x1
    mk4 x4
    mk3 x5
    so its normal and balanced while we have teams like this
    mk5 mk4 mk3 mk3 mk3
    mk4 mk4 mk4 mk3 mk3
    but we have a sucks one here :))))) i swear this system can be much better than this, just devs don't want to work on it

3. Anshak

Anshak New Member

Ok, a lot of smart thougths in your 3 posts here Spinners71.
    I wanted to bounce on a couple of ideas you have thrown there :
    - Even though you and others feel that the actual Infamy algorythm is fair, it's obvious that it also generates some frustration to other players. One way to mitigate that frustration is actually the one you mentionned that would be a "moving average win/loss ratio". If we look at the last 100 games played we notice that the 15 losses streak is usually a normal flucutation of the game mechanics. Right now when opening the battle log, we only a list of red logs which only increase anxiety. The other way that I see would be to have an individual allocation of infamy for each win/loss instead of a team one. Sure that system is not perfect but as we can't fleet with 4 friends to have better control on the team if would better represent the individual contribution of each.

- The other issue that is sometimes discussed but often too pationately to be constructive is that there is a penalty applied once we reach a -800 infamy point compared to the highest score. I don't actually know if the panalty is based on the high score for the current 2 weeks or if it's based on the all time high score. I know a few players impacted by this penalty and some are impacted because of a mix of the larger fluctuation you talk about after the last big update and also because they themselves try to complete the (stupid) weapon Guild quests. I just wonder if, now that we have a new game mechanics with people trying new boats and new weapons, the 800 mark should't be reviewed and corrected.

- Also as a result of my first comment on the moving average I find the Battle Log system very improvable currently. I already commented on a post about it, but it's clear that we need a better way to export and play with the log data. At the moment visualizing wins/losses is complicated, I don't even mentioned trying to weight the impact of each weapon in the infamy fluctuation. We need an improvement.

- About your last comment on removing weapon specific quests, it makes sense, however I still think that it has introduced some diversity (along with the chaos of green weapons at 3000+ infamy...) and obvisouly as you mentioned it's probably against Rovio interest of doing so. The more we use weapons the more people will spend : inventory slots, buying crates to upgrade specific blocking weapons, etc. Finnally why not having a system that detects what weapons are played (or even equiped) by each guild member and present quests that would be fair for each guild? (like the system for personal quests)

Mr. Chompers likes this.
  4. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

I dropped over 1000 since the update to the point where I was in the land of seal club punishment effects to my rewards. Easily provable by my battle log that I wasn't doing this on purpose. Eventually gained like 600 of it back. I haven't started on the guild quests grind so I figured other people were getting better rewards and passing me up but still I don't think I should lose my gold/sugar/stars because of it. Oh well, keep playing you'll probably get most or all of it back eventually. I tend to think those massive losing streaks are intended by Rovio on some level. But they never last forever.

Riddlerpaji likes this.
  5. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

I hear this a lot. Whenever I checked forums there was a new thread/post about someone complaining about matchmaking. It was the same before and still nothing has changed. Tbh I had no problem with previous matchmaking and I don't have any problem with the current one except that it's annoying when you are stuck between 2300-2400 infamy for over a month. My career top is 2600+ and just after that matchmaking improvement came in. Since then it's a grind at 2300-2400. Lose 5 win 5. Balanced matchmaking. :D
    And really if you check the forum there will a lot of threads about shitty matchmaking before the improvement came in. The fact is we got what we wanted and now it's not good enough. We wanted matchmaking to improve and this is how it's supposed to be. Devs have nothing to do with this. They did what everyone asked them to do. No point in blaming them.
    Imo matchmaking was versatile before. You could actually gain a lot of infamy. It used to get harder the more wins you got in a row and vice versa. There were win streaks and there were losing streaks. Now it's a p2w game. Get better weapons and you will rise up. I have rare t3-t4 weapons at 2300 and I'm surviving somehow against epic t3-t4 and some legendaries.
    In the end I think that either your team should be good enough to win without you or else you will have to carry your team until then very end (have seen both sides).

Ash KOT likes this.
  6. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I dropped 750 infamy after the update, struggled for a long time, but managed to climb back up to a new high. Matchmaking changes will always adjust everyone's infamy, and it will take a while to settle down.
    I'm a lot less concerned about ship level and more about how I see so many people get to a high infamy that they are simply not qualified for. In a 5 vs 5 battle it's definitely possible to sit back with a low HP ship and use sniper and mortars, and move up in infamy if luck has you with the right teammates, and how is the BB matchmaker to decide to penalize those ships consistently on a winning team? Infamy would be dead simple in 1 vs 1, but I don't think it will ever be possible to perfect 5 vs 5 infamy.

7. Spinners71

Spinners71 Well-Known Member

I am both stunned and humbled by the brilliance and elegance in this writing. In just a few short sentences, Rovio could learn everything they are doing wrong, and exactly how to fix it.... that is.... if "their brain can handle it"... LOL

8. Spinners71

Spinners71 Well-Known Member

This makes no sense...

When matchmaking is based on infamy, then as long as the # of games played is large enough, no one achieves a level of infamy that they don't deserve (either high or low).
    This is because your infamy rank is earned based on your ability (or lack of ability) to contribute to victory in many games.

So, you say you see a low-HP ship at a higher infamy rank than you would have thought?

Let's think about this example for a second...

If he were truly not deserving of his rank, then that means he's not contributing his fair share towards victory in his matches.
    If he's not worthy, then his team is at some 4-vs-5 disadvantage (or 4.5 or whatever you want to say).
    Ok, so then he must be getting "lucky" with very strong teammates who can "carry" him in 4-vs-5 situations.
    While yes, that's possible for a single game, or even several games... that's definitely NOT happening over and over and over across many many games. (At least not unless he is some ultra-rare 1-in-a-billion statistical outlier...)
    Which is why I said "as long as the # of games played is large enough..."
    The more games you play, the less of a factor "luck" is on your infamy.

Now to my logic:
    If he has a high # of games played, the logical conclusion is then that he deserves his infamy rank.
    How?
    Maybe he is really good at pumping out good damage from afar.
    Maybe he is really good at target selection and leading with communication.
    Maybe he is really good at tactics, map awareness, and maneuverability.
    It's not all about ship mk (HP). It's not all about weapon level (dmg). Do those things help? YES! But it is not the whole story.
    There are a million non-damage ways to meaningfully contribute to victory. (This is exactly why I believe matchmaking should only consider infamy, and nothing else...)
    Somehow, he has figured out how to win.
    Not just one game.
    Not just a small handful of games.
    But MANY games, with a wide sampling of random teammates, over a long time.
    To me, it sounds like he has absolutely earned whatever infamy level he is at.

9. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I'm just stating what I see on a regular basis, not directed to anyone in this thread. Infamy would be very accurate if matches were 1 on 1 but with 5 on 5 there are people slipping through the cracks.

Tonight I re-watched one of my matches because I was baffled how my team just disintegrated. I watched a shooter go into the tunnel in crude awakenings, alone, ignoring my "together", and actually tried shooting some of his 4 mortars in the tube, and quickly left us 4 on 5. Let's not forget to mention as an MK5 @3k HP where was his shield? How did this guy climb infamy? Maybe it was purposeful, but this kind of head scratcher is what makes matchmaking frustrating because it affects 4 other players having a teammate that shouldn't even be there.

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  10. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Lol, I swear, every time I play on Crude Awakening that guy is on my team.