1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Don't you think shooter needs to be Nerfed or buff the speeder or defender?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by The Friendly Fixer, 11 Apr 2018.

?

Should the Shooter be Nerfed or Buff the Speeder and the defender?

1. Nerf the shooter should be a good idea

9 vote(s)
    15.8%
  2. Nerf shooter No way!

6 vote(s)
    10.5%
  3. Yes! we need the speeders and defenders back in the bay!

29 vote(s)
    50.9%
  4. Don't nerf the shooter or buff the speeder and defender please

13 vote(s)
    22.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Friendly Fixer

The Friendly Fixer Well-Known Member

Don't you think that shooter is a bit overpowered by now?
    And yet the speeder and defender are like nearly dead at most?
    Devs i and everyone I used to be a speeder user myself actually I know these boats used to R U L E the game but not anymore
    I know shooter is the most used boat but when well you BB gods buff the speeder and the defender and starting to nerf the shooter just a bit??
    I know most of you guys use the shooter but just to be honest its actually true please
    Don't hate on this thread but if you do I
    Understand

Tho I'm back on the Forums but not full time
    May the waves push you on in the B A Y

2. The Friendly Fixer

The Friendly Fixer Well-Known Member

But I do miss speeders and defenders lol

3. DarkImmortal

DarkImmortal Active Member

Why is Shooter overpowered? Could you give me some explaination?

4. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Because they have 5 weapons, so they can spam mortars/torps from a distance, and still output thousands of damage up close with Blast/EC/Sniper. And they pretty much get to ignore cooldown.

They also have awesome HP and Defense. It’s often hard to distinguish between Shooters and Defenders for toughness, apart from Shooters kill you way faster.

They also have really good Speed. I often struggle to outrun them in my Speeder. If it weren’t for yellow items like OB (which I have to pay slot points for) they would almost be as fast.

Shooters need a nerf so bad. If for no other reason than to stop people using them so much. I frequently have games where it’s 9 Shooters and me. And they’re such a pain to fight against.

With regards to Speeder and Defender. I think they need to reduce the cooldown on Ex Cannon back to something reasonable. Introducing stun immunity and upping Tesla Bolt to 20 seconds was already a huge nerf for Speeders (not to mention the frost nerf).

15 seconds for Ex Cannon might be okay if you’ve got 4 other guns to cycle though, but when you’ve only got one, it royally sucks.

I’ve got L40 Epic Ex Cannon (and 2x duplicates for it)... which should be like my dream gun. Yet I’m looking to ditch it ASAP for a Blast Cannon (even though that wastes a slot), because ExC just sucks so hard now. I’m lucky if I can do 3k damage per game now, while shooters at my level are doing 15k+

Nikkie!, VantaBlack, Reorge and 12 others like this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Don't nerf shooter. They're okay as they are. However, speeder mk5 *might* need a slight buff(not that I really care for it, I'm good with the way speeder is right now).

Defenders NEED a buff. 100%. They are not really defending as they should be, nor are they competitive in NML anymore. The days of @P0rthos are over.

6. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

No one gives a flying puck anymore. Play speeder/defender at your own risk.

7. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

The era of the @P0rthos is over. The Age of @EyeOfDoom has begun!
    *LoTR music starts playing*

8. DarkImmortal

DarkImmortal Active Member

May I know:
    How many battles have you played?
    What rank are you in right now?

Miathan likes this.
  9. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Can any dev pls post an official reply ''WE GET IT ENFORCER AND SHOOTER NEED NERF, DEFENDER AND SPEEDER NEED BUFF"

SO this threads About same shit stop popping up every day:mad:

10. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

Hey guys,shooters are the most powerful boats in the bay,isn't it?Shooter has 3 slots with 5 slot points at MK3,4 slots with 6 slot points at MK4,5 slots at MK5.How about changing the Shooter to get 5 slots at MK6?Shooter has 12 slot points at MK7 but other boats have only 11 slot points at MK7.This is not fair.Isn't it?

SURELY,Speeders and Defenders need to dominate the bay.Defender has slow speed,sluggish turret and ship agility at higher MK.Speeder has the lowest health compared to other 4 boats.To make Speeder and Defender to dominate the bay again,buffs are needed.Also new yellow items for Speeder and new blue items for Defender are needed.;););):):):):cool::cool::cool:

11. ViscountSniffit

I’m in Ace 1

12. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

That's the way I sse the bay today: enforcers> shooters> fixers = speeders >> defender.
    Enforcers and shooters are fine, leave them alone.
    Fixers and speeder, are ok, a little buff would be welcome, but it's far from urgent.
    Defender needs a buff (I think the devs are working on it :D).
    My opinion is from an ace 1 player, things on nightmare may be different :D

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  13. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

No good speeder loses 1v1 vs a shooters...i agree that enfos are strong now,but speeders being dead is just a melodrama.Mk5 needs a HP buff,but mk6 is still solid

Last edited: 11 Apr 2018
    Nikkie! and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  14. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

Shooter definitely needs a little nerf. They have so many weapons they can literally spam them and be dealing lucky damage (torp spammers, im looking at ya), their weapons slots give them the right weapons for long range sniping, aoe crowd control, and high dps brawl weapons, ALL in one setup.

And yet they have the 2nd highest hp in the bay (sometimes even matching a defender), have good defense points, good speed, and can even accelerate fairly quick to do some dancing. Basically a jack-of-all-trades, but being too good at it.

Ever wondered why almost 90% of all boats across the infamy range are shooters? I don't think its just because its easy to use, but they are just too proficient.

15. ViscountSniffit

The problem isn’t HP, it’s long cooldowns and nothing to join them. If I’m being attacked, and my weapons aren’t ready, then I ‘might’ be able to stun the other ship to defend myself, but even then (assuming my teammates don’t break it), the Stun will often wear off, and my weapons still aren’t ready. And you can forget about ever getting another stun, so you just get shot to death after that.

Even Master League shooters can beat me 1v1 now. Maybe I’m just ‘not good’, but I used to be alright before nerforama.

Maybe the mk6 can still do something fun with Tesla Shield, but mk5 is super boring to play now. Unless you like nitroing around being pointless for 2/3 of the game.

Reorge and What's Up Player like this.
  16. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20180411-183053.png
    This picture by dmg don speaks volumes.
    PS: not asking for nerf just make last two boats fun to play again.
    Everything on both boats is always on cooldown right now

Nikkie!, Deinøs, Ultrah and 9 others like this.
  17. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

I don't think Shooter needs to be nerfed. And Speeders are still very strong, it's just that their natural counter (Enforcers) are the meta right now due to recent Speeder nerfs (EC, stun, frost).

Defenders are another issue. I really don't want to see another buff Defender thread and I'm just going to accept whatever the devs think is right about buffing Defenders. All that I will say is that playing Defender is absolutely boring to me. The Defender would have to be unstoppable and by far the best ship for me to consider using it. Just personal preference, so don't take offense. :p

18. Rainbow Warrior

I think the long cooldown, as @ViscountSniffit pointed, made the gameplay way harder for those who use tesla bolt and explosive cannon at the same time. They are still great items but I'm sure most speeders who are still using both of them are thinking about different items

TheAntiSnipe and ViscountSniffit like this.
  19. Rainbow Warrior

I agree with you, speeder is still strong, it'll only take time for farming new itens to replace our previous meta (explosive + flare + tesla bolt + overboost). Having an epic T-4 explosive cannon and an epic T-4 flare gun, I think I'll start to play shooter until I figure out another setup for my speeder

20. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Why are Shooters OP?

Hmm well maybe because 5/8 of tier items can be improved with new achievements, while for defender and Enforcer it's 3/8 and for Speeder it's 2/8.
    Fixers got nice indirect buff also. But they were a lot worse compared to Shooter before.

Reorge likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.