1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Don't upgrade your ship.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Evilchicken235, 17 Nov 2017.

1. Sandra baldwin

Sandra baldwin Member

2. Sandra baldwin

Sandra baldwin Member

3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Blast cannon
    Excannon
    Flare/napalm
    Lose the double turbos. Keeep the better one
    Grow a small shield
    Enhance big shield. Use only max health perks, not shield defence.
    Bandages are good.
    Learn tactics. Look up @P0rthos on YouTube.
    And you'll be set!
    Scrap whatever you hate.

Sandra baldwin likes this.
  4. TheAntiSnipe

Also, make up your mind as to which ship you wanna play. Unless you wanna spend 30k$ and buy most of everything in the game

5. Sandra baldwin

Sandra baldwin Member

I have been watching porthos on ytube! I think thats where i got the cannons from!

6. TheAntiSnipe

Well, P0rthos is actually a goddamn legend. Man knows his guns.
    Area control=Napalm
    Skirmish/charge attacks=Cannon
    Long range plays/Team control= Tritorps

7. Sandra baldwin

Sandra baldwin Member

No that makes sense i just try to up everything but that makes sense too! I will try to focus more on weapons i like problem with cannons to up them i am waiting for second cannons u need another for upgrade i just am not getting them

8. Sandra baldwin

Sandra baldwin Member

I was only playing other ships to finish guild quests!

9. Sandra baldwin

Sandra baldwin Member

Thats because of the match ups i wasnt at 2500 yet so now that i am being paired higher my infamy dropped. I have only won a handful of battles. I was hoping to jump a league level now i am going to go down

10. Sandra baldwin

Sandra baldwin Member

Maybe its because more people upgraded

11. Sandra baldwin

Sandra baldwin Member

12. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Dont waste a single dime of pearl on training,it is clear you wasted them on training.BUY epic containers ie 3900 pearl box,UPGRADE your weapons.You did same mistake as that mk7 guy,spent money on crew training.Had you spent money on weapons,You might probably have a legendary weapon right now

And if you want to spend on both weapon and crew training (i.e. Ship upgrade),It will cost a hell lot of money

Spinners71 likes this.
  13. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat

Babablacksheep likes this.
  14. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    @Evilchicken235 don't be sad :p your thread just got taken over by TheAntiSnipe Sandrabaldwin and black sheep :p

15. Dirtylegs

Dirtylegs Member

Sandra sadly you have spent your money very inefficiently- 80 inventory slots, all mk 6 ships and captain xp rushing but neglected the most important thing which is weaponry. No point dwelling but you can stem the bleeding.

1. Switch to shooter - you have no decent shields to make defender worth it and having more guns will cover their current low level to a degree.
    2. Scrap all your green items (remove the perks first) and STOP using and levelling epics keep them for later. Rares are easier to upgrade and will give you more firepower in due course a lot quicker.
    3. Put the rare big shield, turbo and bandage from your defender on your shooter and upgrade them over time.
    4. Use your rare explosive cannon, blast cannon, big torp, epic firebomb and long range mortar and upgrade them - snipers are useless without crit chance perks and standard mortars and napalm will do you no favours at your level.
    5. Make sure your captain skills are set to compliment your weapons you can retrain multiple skills in one tree by double clicking after selecting the first skill. If you need suggestions post your skill trees.
    6. Focus on improving your skill stick with the group focus fire on one target to take them out of the game slowly but surely you will get to the infamy you deserve.
    7. Don’t lose heart and try to have fun.

16. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Probably for good,I mean how clear can you get by words.Instead you have a LIVE EXAMPLE:D

I want to say we are going offtopic,But then i realized that sandra's ship was best example for evil's thread.Anyways,didnt take over thread,Rather bumped it!! for good

Exactly what i m trying to convey,Money spent in wrong direction or should i say the "WHALE" direction.WEAPON>>SHIP MK

17. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

but still his weaponry is good enough to be closer to 2k anyway and i think he just lost a lot of battles. Dont worry in a few days u will win a lot and get back up

Sandra baldwin and TheFixer27 like this.
  18. Evilchicken235

Evilchicken235 Well-Known Member

CSIE Student
    Actually, Sandra’s case was not the problem I was referring to. As of right now 7/10 of the top 10 players are Mk6s, so the meta might actually be not upgrading.

Which led me into thinking that it is not a rational decision to upgrade from MK6 to MK7 for ANYONE unless you know how much ship tiers will affect matchmaking. Mk7s will give you worse matches compared to MK6. We need to know if it’s worth upgrading. Same for every tier.

Please keep this thread to this concern. I don’t think many top players are aware of this? Do they not care if upgrading will give them a disadvantage? Please share your thoughts if you’re an mk6 about to upgrade to mk7.
    Would be nice if @devs can explain.

19. Buzz...

Buzz... Member

Yes I just upgraded my enforcer to mk5 before update and now I am swinging between 1000-1200. Infamy . the game does not allow me to cross 1258 infamy I am trying from 3 days. So I don't like the new match making

20. HeroicBubbles

HeroicBubbles Active Member

These are really good suggestions Sandra.Listen to him:)