1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Don’t tell it’s not a bug!

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Kent13, 10 Jan 2018.

1. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

Recently I've been seeing a TON of random disconnects (little red exclamation point under the timer). It isn't my local internet connection. This only happens on Battle Bay. So it's either routing to the BB servers or something at the servers. I suppose I could run a continuous connectivity test on my desktop and then compare notes when I get a drop in BB but I'd bet a lot of money right up front the desktop won't experience any issues. It's a rock solid internet connection and I play literally 2m from my router.

And yeah... random blackouts certainly make piloting a boat more interesting.

2. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

Hey guys,

just a general update, as I do these to give a higher understanding of what's happening instead of a "random" accumulation of individual impressions.

We monitor crashes, and connection so that we do keep an eye on any abnormal spikes or behaviors and have numerous ways of reacting or understanding such circumstances before they even become a big impact issue - as an example.

I can assure you that there are no such issues on our end. If there were - there would be also tons of complaints - not single impressions here and there (which is simply to show you that these are individual instances).
    Latency, lag - ping - unfortunately is nothing the Player Support will be able to assists you with on an individual basis because there is way too much variance in devices, connections and locations - so getting help or at least advice here in the forum is the BEST thing you can do, should you feel very frustrated and already tried to trouble shoot a couple of things.

That there are no specific developer comments here should be clear - but I am happy to point out, that we have developers comment on anything directly actually concerning the game where ONLY a developer could give information. Otherwise - please keep doing what you are doing really awesomely - help each other.

Nikkie! likes this.
  3. Kent13

Kent13 New Member

Thx for ur replay, bad route with BB servers! Really I’m so confused, this is the only game I get trouble with it, my connection its enough to play multiplayer games with Aliens.
    Sometimes I was able to open the game through VPN, wasn’t that much good, but at least I was able to play some battles with no issue, but after the last update, the game crashes once I use VPN!
    Could u please tell me something, I’m using Linksys routers at home and work, as ur knowledge, should I replace it? Is there any router I could use specially for BB server, please advise

4. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I don't think it's your router causing the problem, since you said you don't experience lag in other games. That said, I'm not very well informed on the matter of routers, but I did hear @Miika say something about DNS software. Try that, but I don't know the exact details xD.

Nikkie! likes this.
  5. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Router can sometimes cause issues. For ages I was having problems with getting disconnected from Xbox Live. I tried all kinds of things, but nothing worked. Eventually, I deceded to hook up a different router, just to test... it’s been perfect ever since.

However, you already said that you tried playing in different locations. Which means the problem is almost certainly with your device. Something on your phone is slowing the game down.

6. TheAntiSnipe

Maybe he's getting a bad path to the server?

7. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

If you try to connect over 6 different WiFi connections, and you get a bad path every time, then it’s still something on your phone. Unless he’s in North Korea or something...

Nikkie! likes this.
  8. Kent13

Kent13 New Member

Thx for ur replay, Actually I thought something wrong with the iPad Air 2, rebooting the device many times, reset the network settings, reset the device to factory setting then restore from backup, and nothing change, I link the game with my new device, IPhone 6S, and still the same.
    As u experienced the same issue, May I know what kind of problem the device has? And which router I should have?

9. Kent13

Kent13 New Member

Appreciate ur action mate, after I try all solutions, I have doubt about this point, is there any way to fix this?

10. TheAntiSnipe

xD I think I can find the thread that had Miika's reply for you. Hang on.

Nikkie! likes this.
  11. TheAntiSnipe

Here you go!

Nikkie! likes this.