1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Does RNG Belong in Battle Bay?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by achillesRising, 24 May 2017.

?

What do you think should happen with Battle Bay's RNG mechanics?

Poll closed 23 Jun 2017.
  1. Get rid of RNG! it unbalances the game and makes it less competitive!

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. Make RNG the norm! it will open up countless abilities for weapons and make the game more diverse!

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. Keep it the way it is! I don't see a problem with the current system...

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  1. achillesRising

achillesRising Member

For all who don't know, RNG means 'random number generation'. It's basically the incorporation of chance into the combat system.

Does RNG belong in Battle Bay? Currently, only three weapons that I know of use RNG: the grenade launcher (chance to set enemies on fire), Carronade (pellet spread) and sniper cannon (chance to crit enemies). Now, I have nothing against damage ranges or variable weapon accuracy-actually, i'm all for it, because it could open up much more variation and creativity for the game. But what puts me off is that anything else is 100% exact, there's no RNG involved in anything else. Really, it should be all-or-nothing, because it's hard to balance RNG items into an exact game, and vice-versa, and if Battle Bay ever gets competitive, there will be problems if we haven't sorted it out.

Another instance of RNG I see that really puts me off is the spawn positions. In a game where communication is limited to a super-primitive emote system, spawn positions can make or break a team's coordination, and there have been multiple instances where my team has spawned spread out and refused to group, resulting in us being stomped. Similarly, there have been games where we all arrive on the point super early and take up super-advantageous positions to find the enemy coming through some choke one at a time and being utterly rekt.

*NOTE* RNG in the currency system (loot crates, etc.) is TOTALLY FINE. I'm only talking about in-combat scenarios.

So, I'll add a little poll. Feel free to partake. Do you support the idea of RNG being widely implemented, or removed from the game? Do you think there should be a change at all?

2. HeWhoHasCake

HeWhoHasCake New Member

RNG is super annoying in general. It can be used to balance DPS but often skews it. I feel like the sniper cannon should have a lower crit chance and a slightly higher damage, and that the grenade should have weaker fire but that it shouldn't be chance based.

Also, every weapon in the game has a critical hit chance, not just the sniper cannon.