1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you think Battle Bay needs new weapons and new ships?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by PrinceX, 13 Jun 2017.

1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Amen to that. But we should also post in advance so that the Devs get inspired! Also, it's fun to just talk about this stuff! Enjoy the chat!

2. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

I have arrived with my cannon, time to shoot down ideas! Pew pew!
    Just looking at that slot set-up, it looks overpowered. Most of the classes in the game right now max at 5 active slots, Enforcer and Fixer have 6. Your Interceptor — is it supposed to be Interceptor? You called it "intercepeter" twice — has 8 active slots. That's the amount of slots every other class has in total, while yours has 11 slots in total. The available slot points are spread somewhat thin, but it still has 12 points in total, whereas every other class except Shooter has 11. It can't load up on two-point items like the more specialized classes can, but since this seems like it's trying to do a little bit of everything, I'm going to go ahead and compare it to Enforcer.

Compared to Enforcer:
    +1 R, +2 SP
    +1 B, = SP
    +1 Y, -1 SP

So, it's just better than an Enforcer in terms of slot setup. Ships have actual stats, though, so maybe it's stats could balance it out with other ships? It's slightly less powerful than other ships at lower levels, since it would be the only class that doesn't start with a blue slot, among other things. However, by Mk 5, it's already every other class's Mk 6. Having a class with 4 guns AND 4 utilities is already kind of weird, but when you add 3 blue slots, it gets crazy. This is a really imbalanced idea.

The waves in this game don't seem to respond to actual battle input, so to put in a weapon that manipulates waves they would have to actually make the water dynamic. That might increase the system specs required to run the game smoothly. Assuming they went through the trouble, this would also likely be a yellow item, so it would be a substantial buff to two ships that are already pretty powerful right now. Direct-fire weapons like rails and freezers would be indirectly nerfed by it, and non-mortar arcing weapons could be blocked by any waves generated, making Tesla Shields obsolete. Not saying it can't work at all, but the game definitely isn't made for something like that. Though, there could probably be an item that changes the direction of the waves on the map.

Also, yeah, like someone else said, that Drone idea sounds a little too cheap.

3. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

Ok, maybe i have to tweak it's stats. Im a mk2 person that somtimes battles mk 3s, so I've had to guess on mk 4-6.
    And yes, it is the interceptor, I just misspelled it.
    Edit: i tweaked the stats on it, trimming the number of slot points and slots by 1 in some areas.
    Red and yellow items got the most changes, while blue just got 1 or 2 at a higher level.

Last edited: 14 Jun 2017
  4. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

Here's a link to the thread that has the ship tiers listed. I have it bookmarked. I reference it a lot since I'm only Mk 3 myself: https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/ship-tiers-info.1445/

It lists the slots and slot points for every ship. For stats, you might just have to estimate based off what you can see.

5. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

Thanks. I might make another nerf! Edit: I did, and did a tiny red item nerf.

Last edited: 14 Jun 2017
  6. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Guys, didn't i say above that this wave snuke should be very hard to equip? Well, now I am. Make that weapon impossible for speeders. Why? We have to remove their Monopoly on the bay! That is why I suggested it, based on someone else's idea, in the first place! Make three slot points or something, and allot it as red