1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Disappearing Enemies AND All attacks doing 0 damage.

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by David Bonaparte, 25 Nov 2017.

1. David Bonaparte

David Bonaparte Active Member

I mean exactly what I said in the title. I'm not joking around. I was trying to shoot enemies and they kept disappearing at random times. I don't mean the edge of the vision radii. I was pursuing one enemy ship and every time I shot at him - Fire, Long range Mortar, and Sniper - it did literally nothing. 0. At the same time he would phase in and out of existence. At the end of the match I was the last person to die and was killed by an invisible enemy.

After the match I get to see the replay, and it looks like my version of events seems to be utter nonsense, but it's not. That's exactly what I saw, but what I see on the replay is different - that I was not moving. Weapon buttons get pressed but nothing comes out. My ship doesn't move from the spawn point. The only thing that happens is that I ping spam a ton as usual. - see: https://replay.battlebay.net/#KHYFWGKP

Now, some wiseguy is going to come here and ask me why I'm "defending" myself when I clearly trolled or AFKed to drop infamy.
    1. I was against infamy droppers before and it would be pretty hypocritical of me to do such.
    2. Check my match history.
    3. I'm decked out with 3 weapons for guild quests, why on earth would I AFK when I need to win a match to contribute? I can screenshot this if there is dispute.
    4. I'm willing to bet that anyone who was intentionally infamy dropping would just AFK instead of pretending to be contributing. Or at least feed the enemy so they could drop faster, instead of pinging and changing weapons as if they thought they could see a target.

I plan to play another match and see if the same issue comes up again, but I really, really hope this is not a widespread problem because it will truly screw up the game.

I am doubtful this is purely a connection issue - when that happens I actually disconnect, often getting marked as AFK in other games. It worked fine in all the other games I played today over my wifi, so I sincerely doubt its a common internet issue.

Of course, my attacks did 0 because the server never recorded them as launched while I clearly saw most of them land on enemies, and likewise my movements were all illusory as well. But it makes for a more entertaining story to begin with what I initially saw, I suppose. I'd rather not have to drop BattleBay now that I've picked it up again.

edit: the bug was gone in the next game, thank goodness!

Last edited: 25 Nov 2017
  2. Naglfar

Naglfar New Member

The same thing has, more or less, happened to me as well - several times.

3. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Sounds like a connection issue.
    What is your ping when you check the menu (its written at the bottom)